Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
For clarification - Pino didn't say how many - I didn't leave that information out. He was asked about the last two weeks in the Q&A about how many cases/hospitalizations/deaths were unvaccinated and says they are now working on getting those numbers.
It was not my intent on shooting the messenger.

But the health official should have been better prepared with data. If, for example, 400 of the 406 cases did not require hospitalization, the severity of the figure is lost. Again the key metric and reasons for the restrictions have always been about protecting hospital capacity, not the impossible task of eliminating COVID.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
The current 14-day rolling positivity rate for Orange County is 7.78% via Mayor Demings -

Demings has announced that Orange County is now asking all residents, vaccinated and unvaccinated, to return to wearing masks indoors in crowded settings. He also notes that Orange County is now considered in the high risk category for community transmission by the CDC.

Here is the vaccine status for OC -

View attachment 571853
is New Jersey and New York already has all 70% people got vaccinated? Is they will never go back indoor mask mandate ever again for rest for our lives? Will public transportation in NY/NJ will lose masks by September 13th?
Here is update from NJ governor Phil Murphy's vaccine progress:

I say NJ/NY will be very back to normal by fall/winter as they will have no longer problems with COVID-19 ever again for years.

monothingie

Premium Member
I think everywhere is committed at this point. Why should we go backwards for people who are choosing not to get vaccinated?
Absolutely.

The majority of officials wagging their fingers at the unvaccinated public about threats for a return to masking in hopes of encouraging people to get the jab may be having the opposite effect. Positive motivation always works better than negative, punishing the vaccinated because a minority choose to be foolish doesn't help and contributes to even more resistance.

A ton of business, Disney included can't simply flick the off-switch again. With capacity limits and social distancing removed, the only way to go back is a very painful path. With wide availability of safe and effective vaccines, there is no reason why they should go back either.

TrainsOfDisney

Vaccine adoption in the lingering remnants is about to take another hit.

It's rare, but of course, you know how paranoia works....sigh.
It’s rare that people my age die of covid as well. So which one am I supposed to be paranoid of?

This is EXACTLY why people are wanting to wait to get the vaccine. Blood clots, nerve issues, heart isssues.... quite a few possible side effects they didn’t discover during the rushed oops I mean “expedited” testing.

monothingie

Premium Member
It’s rare that people my age die of covid as well. So which one am I supposed to be paranoid of?
You can have an unknown adverse reaction to Advil and die. It's all about you evaluating your risk threshold.

An open discussion about the safety of vaccines should always take place and people with concerns should never be censored or vilified. Open reporting of incidents and data should be put into context versus the number of actual inoculations. More discussion and more debate brings more confidence to the process. The best answer to bad information is always MORE information.

But of course the very same agenda and click driven media that will scold everyone to get a shot, is also the first group lining up to sensationalize the second Mrs. Smith in Peoria has an bad reaction to the vaccine.

pixie225

We have a great vaccination rate here. However, while we have been "opening up" our lives again (DW this past May - with mask requirement at that time) we are still worried about those non-vaccinated who are not wearing masks as asked to here. We went to
is New Jersey and New York already has all 70% people got vaccinated? Is they will never go back indoor mask mandate ever again for rest for our lives? Will public transportation in NY/NJ will lose masks by September 13th?
Here is update from NJ governor Phil Murphy's vaccine progress:

I say NJ/NY will be very back to normal by fall/winter as they will have no longer problems with COVID-19 ever again for years.

Hope you are right, but our cases are rising again. https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/cor...ses-as-vaccination-rates-slowly-rise/3148417/

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Every new infection reported Sunday and the eight additional deaths reported since last week were among people without the COVID-19 vaccine.

At this point…what more can you ask the vaccinated or the government to do? We provide seatbelts in every motor vehicle sold in this country. If people choose not to wear them, they’re accepting the consequences. These vaccines are widely available to anyone over the age of 12 that would like to receive one. If people are choosing not to get them…that’s on them. Clearly the vaccines work and are protecting people (see the data above). It’s really quite simple, and those of us vaccinated shouldn’t have to suffer through restrictions because of the people digging in refusing the vaccine.

CarolinaSoprano

Thank you DCBaker for the info. We are headed down right this minute for our 10 day stay at the Yacht Club. I really don’t think the mayors announcement will mean much. I’m really hoping anyway!! We are all vaccinated in our group and will NOT be wearing masks. I’ll be sure to post here if I notice any changes.

ImperfectPixie

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
We have a great vaccination rate here. However, while we have been "opening up" our lives again (DW this past May - with mask requirement at that time) we are still worried about those non-vaccinated who are not wearing masks as asked to here. We went to

Hope you are right, but our cases are rising again. https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/cor...ses-as-vaccination-rates-slowly-rise/3148417/
Nooo, please don't go back to indoor masks in NJ/NY by fall/winter....This Delta variant will getting worse by fall in NJ/NY so badly now....:eek::eek::cry::cry::cry:

lazyboy97o

This is EXACTLY why people are wanting to wait to get the vaccine. Blood clots, nerve issues, heart isssues.... quite a few possible side effects they didn’t discover during the rushed oops I mean “expedited” testing.
It wasn’t discovered because it is that incredibly rare. That the testing was not rushed has been explained, repeatedly. Why continue to legitimize anti-vaxxer lies?

correcaminos

Really? I cannot even begin to say how angry this post makes me. It was not rushed for the last time! The chances of any side effect is smaller than my chances of dying if I catch covid unvaccinated at my age. Comments like this are exactly the issue in this country.

correcaminos

It’s not a lie. There are side effects (in this case nerve damage) that were not known and did not come out in testing. That’s not a lie. That’s a fact.
You claiming it was rushed is the lie. It didn't come out in testing because.... it's that freaking rare. Take your anti-vax agenda elsewhere. Cases are rising and anyone who tries to peddle this is no friend to doing things to end the pandemic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom