Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleBuford

This pandemic is virtually over-go enjoy your life and don't live in fear or be influenced by the scare tactics
I assume you’re referring to the situation here in the US (not that I think your characterisation is accurate in any case), but it’s important to stress that the pandemic is still raging globally, and while that remains true, a return to full normality isn’t possible anywhere. We need to get a handle on this thing internationally before we can breathe a collective sigh of relief.

ETA: @Flugell beat me to it.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
IF boosters are required and the virus is still active in other areas in the world the risk of spread would be similar to what it was at the start, so the booster would be essential and just as important as the initial vaccine dose. With that in mind, why would the previously “safe” i.e. vaccinated not get the booster?

Why were we seeing reports of millions of people not getting their seconds doses as requried?

Heppenheimer

Some of the same crowd who will casually pop a party drug without any consideration are hesitant to take an FDA authorized vaccine because maybe it could have some detrimental impact in a few years
One of my young vaccine hold-out patients all but blocks me out when I explain that inhaling marijuana combustion products several hours each day might not be a good long-term health strategy... but he won't let anyone inject "unknown chemicals" into his arm.

Thankyou, 1960s hippies, for your wonderful cultural legacy!

Incomudro

One of my young vaccine hold-out patients all but blocks me out when I explain that inhaling marijuana combustion products several hours each day might not be a good long-term health strategy... but he won't let anyone inject "unknown chemicals" into his arm.

Thankyou, 1960s hippies, for your wonderful cultural legacy!
Yeah, somehow filling one's lungs with pot smoke became a "health" thing.
Born in '63, I dabbled in the 70's.
I know how quickly the inside of pipes gunk up with tar and resin.
We never pretended that what we did was actually good for us when we did it.

Last edited:

IanDLBZF

I mean, unless they have a reason they can't get vaccine - they kind of have to?
Yes they do.
Some colleges are requiring the COVID-19 vaccine this fall.
I don't see public K-12 schools mandating this vaccine, but private schools maybe.

StaceyH_SD

Unfortunately, not everyone's too accepting of it though.

Oh well. They can find another job. 🤷‍♀️

I’ve worked in a hospital. Flu shots are required. You don’t get to get out of it just because you don’t want it. There was a public health nurse whose job was to go around to each department in the hospital to vaccinate everybody. And she would come back until EVERYBODY was vaccinated.

I had a county job working in an office. I was required to have a negative TB test. I wasn’t public-facing. Didn’t matter. Needed a negative TB test.

Some people act like Covid is the first time vaccines and public health measures have been mandated by employers.

Last edited:

DisneyCane

How in the world can inhaling hot still burning plant ash into your lungs not be good for you?

Um, its like, all natural and stuff.
I never quite understood how the leap was made from "it's OK for terminal cancer patients to smoke marijuana to provide some level of comfort and reduction of chemotherapy side effects" to "marijuana is a medical miracle and can cure everything and even might make you healthier if you use it."

Smooth

1624814723741.png

Believe it or not...

BrianLo

Canada will hit 30% of 12+ fully vaccinated today. At this rate 50% could happen by mid July.

In a few days Canada will surpass the US in vaccine doses administered per 100 people. (Ie total doses 1st and 2nd) combined.

That creates an interesting scenario for the border. I think personally we’ll have one more month (until August) for them to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom