Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyCane

Towards the end of my aunt's life she was tested regularly but not the nasal swabs. Surprised they cannot do another way.

I know nasal swabs suck. I had 3 myself for the trial.
When I was tested a month or so ago they didn't swab very deep. I was dreading the "brain tickle" but the nurse said they only have to go to where there is mucus/wetness now.

EricsBiscuit

It’s jarring going from nightclubs in Tampa where it’s literally busier than before the pandemic to Disney with masks required indoors. It’s almost laughable actually. Same for crossing from Uni to Disney. SO agrees. The mask mandates are draconian at this point and need to go. Same for any capacity limit. I would pay to see a Disney exec’s reaction to seeing the packed clubs on 7th Ave in Ybor. What would the error message in their brain read? Lol

correcaminos

When I was tested a month or so ago they didn't swab very deep. I was dreading the "brain tickle" but the nurse said they only have to go to where there is mucus/wetness now.
I just keep hoping I don't test positive or I will need to do a self test that is very deep. I learned how to relax my nasal passages some, but the uber deep ones do stink. Nice that they don't usually go too deep.

Wendy Pleakley

I’m
It’s jarring going from nightclubs in Tampa where it’s literally busier than before the pandemic to Disney with masks required indoors. It’s almost laughable actually. Same for crossing from Uni to Disney. SO agrees. The mask mandates are draconian at this point and need to go. Same for any capacity limit. I would pay to see a Disney exec’s reaction to seeing the packed clubs on 7th Ave in Ybor. What would the error message in their brain read? Lol

I imagine the Disney execs would be comfortable with the decision to remain cautious, especially considering they cater to children (who aren't vaccinated yet) and travelers from all over.

Are packed nightclubs the gold standard of how to behave right now?

EricsBiscuit

I’m

I imagine the Disney execs would be comfortable with the decision to remain cautious, especially considering they cater to children (who aren't vaccinated yet) and travelers from all over.

Are packed nightclubs the gold standard of how to behave right now?
They certainly illustrate that you can open at max capacity and the world won’t end. Disney should take note. Literally every other hospitality venue in the state has moved on.

Tom P.

Interesting. I know a cousin going in 2 weeks and has to be tested much to her dismay. A friend who did pass away was doing regular tests for covid too for every procedure she had done. That's actually how they found out she had asymptomatic covid after her first shot.
I went in on an emergency basis. It wasn't scheduled. Fortunately, I am okay now, but it wasn't like they could have delayed the procedure even if I had Covid. So perhaps that's why the test wasn't done in my case? I don't know.

Rich Brownn

I should've been more specific. If you had been there for an unexpected illness, you would've been tested.

Also, if you had that procedure done a month or two ago, you would've been tested. That is largely the reason the number of tests has decreased so dramatically over the last couple months; many hospitals stopped testing patients undergoing elective procedures.

The point is, for people who sadly suddenly had a heart attack or a stroke or are living their final days with a terminal illness; if they passed away with a positive COVID-19 test, it counts.

For as long as COVID is spreading, there will be "COVID deaths" that may or may not be directly attributed to COVID. It's largely why 300 people died after being vaccinated "from COVID" when they probably didn't.
In order for it to be listed as a COVID death it has to show it contributed to the underlying cause. They don't just slap death by COVID unless its shown it sped up or contributed to the death from an existing condition. If the primary reason is COVID (say phenomnia) it will say that. If it's a contributing factor (say the person had diabetes) it will be listed as a contributing factor, not necesarily the primary.

and finally, most doctors agree the count is under counted, if anything.

correcaminos

I went in on an emergency basis. It wasn't scheduled. Fortunately, I am okay now, but it wasn't like they could have delayed the procedure even if I had Covid. So perhaps that's why the test wasn't done in my case? I don't know.
I hope you are doing well now! Definitely don't doubt you, just find it interesting. Now the one I know going in later this month claimed lack of covid vaccine is requiring it. Rolling my eyes on that. She likely was trolling me for attention. Family lol

correcaminos

yep...absolutely no supply shortages what so ever...

just waiting for their messiah to emerge from a six month pouting fit.
They said the reasoning was they didn't want to be a guinea pig.

They said that to me. An actual guinea pig. Like... whaaaaaaaat?

Anyway this cousin has no brains. If they were medically hesitant like some marginalized are, I'd listen to it and help. This same cousin did DNA testing because they refused to believe my results. Then didn't in their own. Kind of a weirdo. Claimed they aren't one of the conspiracy crazies but keeps proving otherwise.

DisneyCane

In order for it to be listed as a COVID death it has to show it contributed to the underlying cause. They don't just slap death by COVID unless its shown it sped up or contributed to the death from an existing condition. If the primary reason is COVID (say phenomnia) it will say that. If it's a contributing factor (say the person had diabetes) it will be listed as a contributing factor, not necesarily the primary.

and finally, most doctors agree the count is under counted, if anything.
The CDC reports what the States send them. Do you have a link to every State that details their criteria to count a death as a COVID death in their statistics? I've not had the inclination to research it but it is quite possible that some States use a lower bar to count a death as a COVID death than others.

The CDC has seemingly gone to greater lengths to determine the real cause in the case of breakthrough infections because a death that is caused by COVID in a breakthrough infection is very important with respect to determining guidelines for fully vaccinated people. In an unvaccinated person, it isn't nearly as important to have accurate statistics on cause of death.

Also, you shouldn't say things like "most doctors agree" with something unless you have data to back it up.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There is no denying the excess deaths over the past year. What will be somewhat interesting is if there will be a noticeable below average number of deaths in the next few years due to the large number of COVID deaths among the elderly.

real time is fluid...that may very well be the case.

however...the “stench/undertone” of the “everybody died of covid” stuff is that somehow it’s a Ponzi scheme where governments and hospitals are making money off it...which is Q level stupid.

no...the wolves of Wall Street sucked money out of it...because the central banks backed their play/existence to absurd levels...which will be the new norm.
They were all “worth” more even when their businesses weren’t making a cent.

...but I can’t think of a good, relevant example on this board? 🤔

anyway...I’ve had it with kookadoodledoo quips and digs. Nobody has to agree with my opinions...but it has to be somewhat reasonable.

seascape

I wonder how many people will say, I told you the pandemic wasn't over tomorrow. We have now gone 3 days with no numbers from Florida and the Times reported many states didn't report yesterday. As I said on Friday, the numbers from the weekend are irrelevant. However, one good number did come out from Bloomberg yesterday and that is less than 3% of hospital beds are being used by Covid19 patients and that is the lowest sincw March 2020. I am looking forward to seeing the numbers reported today and finding out our real 7 day average.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I wonder how many people will say, I told you the pandemic wasn't over tomorrow. We have now gone 3 days with no numbers from Florida and the Times reported many states didn't report yesterday. As I said on Friday, the numbers from the weekend are irrelevant. However, one good number did come out from Bloomberg yesterday and that is less than 3% of hospital beds are being used by Covid19 patients and that is the lowest sincw March 2020. I am looking forward to seeing the numbers reported today and finding out our real 7 day average.

it’s the vaccine net...the “sheep” analogy for what herd immunity is...you’re breaking the chain that the virus had been traveling on...

the danger is that people don’t continue to get the shots and give up on that...which is what the entire narrative is about now.

it’s not easy...but trusting the public to “know what’s best”...or build the right consensus off individual opinions doesn’t work.

we pretty much can put that as fact these days.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They said the reasoning was they didn't want to be a guinea pig.

They said that to me. An actual guinea pig. Like... whaaaaaaaat?

Anyway this cousin has no brains. If they were medically hesitant like some marginalized are, I'd listen to it and help. This same cousin did DNA testing because they refused to believe my results. Then didn't in their own. Kind of a weirdo. Claimed they aren't one of the conspiracy crazies but keeps proving otherwise.

yep...they tricked the first 500,000,000 or so people who took the 4 minutes to get shots...

...silly little guinea pigs 🐖

...MICROCHIPS...activate!!!

correcaminos

yep...they tricked the first 500,000,000 or so people who took the 4 minutes to get shots...

...silly little guinea pigs 🐖

...MICROCHIPS...activate!!!
I joke about that and how I got a new 5G phone last fall right about the time I got my shots. When I relayed both stories to my brother, he about died laughing. First that our cousin is acting like they'd be a guinea pig to someone in the trial and second with the timing of the phone purchase.

Again I get true medical hesitancy and such, but given what my cousin knows of me, they were trolling for attention for sure. Complaining how it's discrimination to treat unvaccinated differently.

AmesTARDIS

I was admitted to the hospital on May 13th. Had a procedure done and stayed overnight. Never once was tested for Covid.
My father was admitted to the hospital (NJ) for a seizure in late December. He had no obvious Covid symptoms. He spent seven hours in the ER, was moved to a room. Lots of tests were done. None were for Covid. In fact, he said that the team with him were insistent that if he had Covid, he would have shown symptoms. It was only after he was there for almost 12 hours, and presented at that point with a fever, that he was tested. And, he tested positive. Was he the exception? Maybe. I found it odd that they didn't test him.

willtravel

I just came back from vacation flying Southwest. 4 different planes total. The planes were full capacity. We are sitting inches away from each other. And before we leave the plane we hear an announcement to keep 6ft. space between each other. The only thing that I thought of was WTH.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom