Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
"People who get their coronavirus vaccine at Winn-Dixie will be able to save money on their groceries, as the company is offering coupons for the vaccinated.

Jacksonville-based Southeastern Grocers, which also owns Harveys Supermarket and Fresco y Más, said customers and employees will get $5 off SE Grocers products after their first dose of either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine and then another $10 off after the second dose. Those who get the one-shot Johnson & Johnson can get $10 off.

“In efforts to further safeguard communities during the ongoing pandemic and encourage vaccine administrations, Southeastern Grocers is now offering community incentives to individuals who receive COVID-19 vaccines in all Harveys Supermarket, Fresco y Más and Winn-Dixie in-store pharmacies,” the company said in a news release.

Elsewhere, customers who get vaccinated at CVS pharmacies will receive a 20% off shopping pass, according to spokeswoman Tara Burke. Adults who get the vaccine in CVS pharmacies that are in Target stores will receive a $5 coupon, Burke said."

Hopefully things like this will encourage people to get vaccinated before states start outlawing this like Michigan is trying to do.

sullyinMT

Hopefully things like this will encourage people to get vaccinated before states start outlawing this like Michigan is trying to do.
Wouldn’t this need to get past Whitmer’s desk? Judging by the headlines, I think she’d be in favor of getting out the shot by any ethical means. A CVS coupon is far from unethical (and the flu shot norm)

mmascari

We weren’t testing nearly enough a year ago, I’m sure cases were higher, but you already made my biggest point, hospitalizations and deaths are at historic lows since the start of the pandemic, there will be an increase in cases, there always is when restrictions are lifted but the system should be able to absorb it, that’s the bet the CDC just made.
"at historic lows" and "low" aren't the same though. I thought we would aim for lower than 500 daily, 180,000 yearly. I really did think the target was closer to 150 daily, 55,000 yearly. We'll still get below where we are today. It's a question of how fast and where the floor lands.

Ramping back is fine. This feels more like "we're done". Perhaps a few steps to early. Like the track runner that stands up, waives to the crowd before crossing the finish line. Only to be crushed by the second place runner they thought they left far behind, but were wrong.

dreday3

"at historic lows" and "low" aren't the same though. I thought we would aim for lower than 500 daily, 180,000 yearly. I really did think the target was closer to 150 daily, 55,000 yearly. We'll still get below where we are today. It's a question of how fast and where the floor lands.

Ramping back is fine. This feels more like "we're done". Perhaps a few steps to early. Like the track runner that stands up, waives to the crowd before crossing the finish line. Only to be crushed by the second place runner they thought they left far behind, but were wrong.

I don't get you.

Vaccinated people don't have to wear masks. That's all they said. What is wrong with that? This is what the end goal is.
They didn't say everyone go maskless, they said here is the benefit for you who chose to get vaccinated - no masks.

Patcheslee

Finally waiting for a shot at Walgreens. Little bit of a glitch with getting checked in. Lady insisted is was 15 and up and I must not have put in DD12s actual birthday when I booked, she had to get with pharmacist to confirm 12yo are eligible. There's about 4 other parents all waiting with their kids now.

sullyinMT

Finally waiting for a shot at Walgreens. Little bit of a glitch with getting checked in. Lady insisted is was 15 and up and I must not have put in DD12s actual birthday when I booked, she had to get with pharmacist to confirm 12yo are eligible. There's about 4 other parents all waiting with their kids now.
Yay for the other kids! We saw a handful this morning, too. Apparently my son went and told everyone at school (good on him!). At lunchtime he texted and asked where the clinic was because a few of his friends were getting picked up by their parents to join the fight.

CJR

Masks on a plane until September is gonna be a real tough sell. Also makes a fully vaccinated cruise ship a real appealing vacation. Maybe the safest if they can actually verify those vaccines.

That's actually why we chose to go to the northeast over California this year. A hour and half flight vs a five hour flight.

I really feel for the people going international. Especially since vaccinated or not, they need a negative covid test to fly back. I'd guess that it's a stressful vacation component, not something I want for a relaxing getaway. So, no international travel for a bit... unless it's a cruise and even then, I'll wait a bit.

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
Trying to make peace with this. My only conclusion is that those who don’t play ball will reap what they sow. And I’m here for it. I don’t want anyone to get hurt but I’m also not an idiot.

sullyinMT

Trying to make peace with this. My only conclusion is that those who don’t play ball will reap what they sow. And I’m here for it. I don’t want anyone to get hurt but I’m also not an idiot.
Right there with you. This was going to happen eventually, but I fear 40% remaining completely unprotected is a bit too much of a powder keg to sit on.

Maybe, just maybe, this will scare a few people off the couch and to a needle who were willing to just ride it out and let it end a slow and natural death. I hope so - enough of them, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom