Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImperfectPixie

More good news on the number of new cases. Due to rounding yesterday's US total number of cases per 100,000 fell to 11. Today the number is actually at 11. There are now 19 states with stingle digits and 9 more at 10. In other words over half the country would be off the old quarantine list today. Only 4 states are still in the 20's with Maine and Minnesota being at 20, Michigan at 26 and Colorado at 25. All other states are between 11 and 18. That is major progress, even Florida is down to 16.
There are still some major hot spots. I saw one county in north Texas that has 133 new daily cases per 100,000. There's another in Michigan, and I think another in Wisconsin that each have over 100 new cases per 100,000.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
More good news on the number of new cases. Due to rounding yesterday's US total number of cases per 100,000 fell to 11. Today the number is actually at 11. There are now 19 states in single digits and 9 more at 10. In other words over half the country would be off the old quarantine list today. Only 4 states are still in the 20's with Maine and Minnesota being at 20, Michigan at 26 and Colorado at 25. All other states are between 11 and 18. That is major progress, even Florida is down to 16.

that’s the weather combined with the PARTIAL net of vaccines stretching out...

so in order to end it...ARMS OUT!!😡

willtravel

I think it is going to be interesting when we are told we have to get a booster shot how many of the population that already got the first will go back for booster.

Lilofan

I think it is going to be interesting when we are told we have to get a booster shot how many of the population that already got the first will go back for booster.
What states will offer an incentive
Currently to get a shot
Krispy Kreme glazed donut at KK store everyday for 2021 nationwide
Free glass of beer - NJ
MD - $100 for state employees
WV ages 18-35 $100 savings bond
NYC - free subway pass for period of time, entry admission to certain public venues
Uber Lyft in some areas to get people to their shot
Etc etc

correcaminos

From all I hear it's worrying about side effects. If the booster isn't bad, people will do it. From the limited news about variant testing, that might not be an issue.

You can believe I'll be there getting the booster before any of you all if needed lol

But really people talking and doing doesn't always match up. So many are really all about being loud but what they do quietly is another story.....

Lilofan

From all I hear it's worrying about side effects. If the booster isn't bad, people will do it. From the limited news about variant testing, that might not be an issue.

You can believe I'll be there getting the booster before any of you all if needed lol

But really people talking and doing doesn't always match up. So many are really all about being loud but what they do quietly is another story.....
The ones that are worried are the ones who had contacted covid and possibly are worried about side effects from getting the vaccine. My brother's friend a healthy guy in his early 50s no underlying health conditions tested positive after a business trip. He quarantined with symptoms and collapsed and was rushed to the ER then covid ward for several days . When he got his first covid shot two months later he said he felt like he experienced covid again and was bedridden for several days but not sent to a hospital. Doubts about getting the second shot.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Could airports, rail systems, buses is gonna lose masks requirement sooner by late July or August than end on September 13th?

Touchdown

Why are we classifying the goal as 70% of adults? You do realize that’s only about 56% of the population right? Just because kids can’t get vaccinated doesn’t mean they can’t get Covid. If the goal is to stamp out Covid with herd immunity we need to get to 70% of the entire population. If we were only relying on adults that would require approximately 87.5% vaccination among adults, now with 12+ it means 82% vaccinations among eligible participants.

Just because OC Florida is defying their goal as vaccinated adults does not mean the CDC is.

And to head off the counter argument right away, here’s national Covid Cases broken down by age, you will notice that children are still getting the same amount of Covid cases daily that they were at the national peak, only adult cases have lessened.

19CA7F7F-84A0-446A-B637-895094F59BF5.jpeg

GaBoy

I hear unproven or don't want to get sick from the shot. I think it is just lazy or let everyone else get it so I won't have to.
I actually heard this out of crew member two days ago. He said in a morning meeting, "you guys need to get it so I don't have to".
I do believe that there is a huge 🐔💩 factor too. I've never seen so many rough and tough grown men turn into marshmallows when there is talk of shots and needles.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom