Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
You should apply that same type of thinking when you watch the news.

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Seeing all my friends getting the vaccine and sharing on social brings me such joy - and I have to believe if we have any friends who are not considering the vaccine, that perhaps seeing all their buddies getting it will help encourage them.

I plan to share my vaccine pic on Friday when I finally get it! It's been a journey up here in Canada and I'm just so excited to get my shot, which is the weirdest thing to say... I never thought I'd say something like that two years ago.
I agree. For some people it’s not a political stand or being part of some organized resistance, they just don’t know if they want to get it. Seeing people they know and like/trust get the vaccine can only help. I don’t believe that anyone is going to not get the vaccine because someone posted a picture or comment online about getting one. If anyone claims that they were never going to get the vaccine anyway.

CatesMom

Seeing all my friends getting the vaccine and sharing on social brings me such joy - and I have to believe if we have any friends who are not considering the vaccine, that perhaps seeing all their buddies getting it will help encourage them.

I plan to share my vaccine pic on Friday when I finally get it! It's been a journey up here in Canada and I'm just so excited to get my shot, which is the weirdest thing to say... I never thought I'd say something like that two years ago.
I shared both of my post-dose pics on my Twitter feed. Grateful for a means to end the pandemic. Happy to do my part for my community.

Figgy1

Premium Member

Make sure to move your arm around for 5 minutes. Helps with any shot I've ever gotten

disneygeek90

Yes. The FDA has approved the amendment to the emergency use authorization to go down to 12 year olds now for Pfizer. The CDC committee meets Wednesday and once they approve shots can be administered.
Question because I truly don’t know. Is Moderna not applying for these under 18 age groups and if so why not?

hopemax

I'm sure there are many that like @BuddyThomas above have the best intentions in such a post, but as it is the very nature of social media, to believe that many, many posts are just looking for attention, likes, thumbs up, subscriptions to their vlogs, then you just don't have cynical bone in your body, and that's fine, as it's purely opinion based to think as negatively as I tend to do.
One of things I don't understand about Americans is why so much emphasis is on things having to be done for good/noble/right reasons for it to count. I want people to do the correct/safe/smart thing and if they do it for selfish reasons, it's a thousand times better than people not doing it at all, so I really don't care. We talk a lot about our economics and policy making being derived from people's motivation of their own self-interest. Then when we see it in practice people get all bothered by it. Makes me think that seeing other people doing the right thing, in general, conflicts with some people's internal voice saying "but I don't want to." A reminder of what they should be doing, but if you can just make everyone else go away/shut up about something then they don't have to do it, or feel a little chagrined when they still don't.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's been fun, comrades, but I must return to my life of maskless villainy and plan vacations that do not require a doctor's note citing my bravery.

I apologise to those whose comments I could not respond to, But I thank you for allowing me to awaken Racoon-Tron and witness it in all its confused, half-witted glory!

Loyalty to the party! Loyalty to the Motherland!

I don’t know if it’s what you’re going for...but this is a top notch, perfect impression of a buffoon 👍🏻🥇

I just saw this... has it been reported? Pfizer is approved for 12 to 15 year olds. 100% efficacy. I'm probably late to the party.

2-11 expected in September...the younger, the better

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Question because I truly don’t know. Is Moderna not applying for these under 18 age groups and if so why not?
Moderna released initial trial data last week for 12-17 year olds. 96% efficacy and no serious adverse reactions. They are planning to apply for the amendment this week and could be approved in a matter of a few additional weeks so maybe end of May timeframe. Then both mRNA vaccines will be approved for 12+.

GaBoy

I avoided sharing after seeing too many toxic comments on other friends posts, some enough to unfriend for being so hateful do i.e. sheep, idiot, - the big kicker----"glad you won't be able to have more children"
Yeah. That social media "friends" definition is extremely loose.

Heppenheimer

If people are truly taking social media posts about getting the vaccine as virtue signaling more so than expressions of relief, that says a lot about the state of empathy in this country.
I didn't share my picture, but I did share my experience. Not because I wanted some social media likes or approval. I shared it because as one of the first to get it (not including those here in the trials), I wanted to demystify the process as much as possible and key people in on what to expect. Because ultimately, I want as many people to get vaccinated as possible so that we can truly crush this pandemic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom