Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImperfectPixie

If we're still struggling to reach the hold-outs in the fall, I would more than support creative solutions like this. Look at each region, see what motivates them, and make an appropriate policy to target the hesitant. Of course, I would have loved to see an international working group come up with a common interchangeable standard for a vaccine passport, but we shot that pooch already...
I'm praying nothing happens that makes us all pay for the choices those people made (to shoot that pooch).

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Remember how long covid stayed alive on various surfaces?
Remember how long it hung in the air?
Remember when we urged to wash our hands for the duration of time it took to recite the alphabet?
I do.
To quote what one of the racoons tugging on a trash bag said a few minutes ago, "how dare you bring science into this".

sullyinMT

You’re trying to prove what exactly? While the red state/blue state explain some of the national numbers by far the biggest driver is age, if you’re >35 around 50% have been vaccinated, 16-34 around 30%. We need to get the young adults to do their part.

Also, FYI, all but two towns in New Jersey are better then the state of Mississippi.
Also, for any of you in the NJ area, what is the general age demographic of all of those low vaccine rate areas? Out here, the counties that were lagging behind early on were on the younger side. Once the vaccine opened up to all, they caught up quickly and, in a few instances, surpassed the state average. What are the chances something like that is happening in at least a few of those neighborhoods?

DCBaker

Premium Member
According to Mayor Demings, this is the current vaccination status for Orange County. Mayor Demings says he expects the county to hit 50% this week.

Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 4.40.04 PM.png

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Interesting. New Jersey must be filled up with these anti-Vax Muh Freedom types.

View attachment 556267
I think what you missed was the real story. These towns were identified as places where an effort would be made to increase the percentages. From the article:

Murphy said the state is putting together "an army of boots on the ground safely knocking on doors" in underserved communities across the state to supply information and resources.

That is the phase we are in. It’s up to state and local governments to push us over the finish line. An army of boots attempting to encourage vaccinations in hesitant communities sounds a whole lot better to me than claiming Covid is over and passing EOs that only serve to hurt vaccination rates and deepen the political divide.

jlhwdw

. Upon learning that temperature checks are unreliable, and cleaning is unnecessary for this virus, what we should have done is closure until we identified what would work and could implement it.

Summer 2020: "Hey - masks and distancing work to help control airborne spread of this disease. And we don't know if it lives on surfaces so let's clean those a bunch too. And take temperatures to weed out anyone with a fever.

Late 2020: "So masks and distancing still work great, but we've learned airborne is really the only way to transmit this virus. No need to be so strict with cleaning. Also, taking temperatures is pretty counter productive since temperatures can vary so much and many people that have the virus don't have a temperature

Your solution: "Close everything down again"

We did identify what worked. We just took away what wasn't necessary.

correcaminos

How many years has it been since woman were expected - let alone required to wear any of those things?
There are certain cultures that do require woman to cover their faces, and many people consider those places to be less than tolerant of woman's rights and freedoms.
Stockings were required at my last job. I'm not old either. Some business attire requires certain things. Bras are pretty much required as part of attire without it being written in words.

Don't you dare compare masks to women's rights though. One is about oppression really and the other about caring for others.

Remember how long covid stayed alive on various surfaces?
Remember how long it hung in the air?
Remember when we urged to wash our hands for the duration of time it took to recite the alphabet?
I do.
You still should wash your hands. The others were unknowns and changed when founded. Good lord people forget reality sometimes.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Besides WDW...Is USA will get rid of masks this year not 2022? Is NJ and NYC will get rid masks very soon by August/September?

SamusAranX

Yeah, hand washing is always important, I don't see why that not being the primary driver of COVID transmission should be a reason to stop. Not to mention, yes in seldom cases, you could catch COVID by having droplets on your hands or picked from a surface, then touching eyes/nose/mouth without hand washing or hand sanitizer.

DavidNoble

Yeah, hand washing is always important, I don't see why that not being the primary driver of COVID transmission should be a reason to stop. Not to mention, yes in seldom cases, you could catch COVID by having droplets on your hands or picked from a surface, then touching eyes/nose/mouth without hand washing or hand sanitizer.

I've taken to wearing a sink around my body (strapped around my waist and neck) that has running hot water and a soap dispenser so I can just be in a constant state of washing my hands as I walk around.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Today, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration expanded the emergency use authorization (EUA) for the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine for the prevention of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) to include adolescents 12 through 15 years of age. The FDA amended the EUA originally issued on Dec. 11, 2020 for administration in individuals 16 years of age and older.

“The FDA’s expansion of the emergency use authorization for the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine to include adolescents 12 through 15 years of age is a significant step in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic,” said Acting FDA Commissioner Janet Woodcock, M.D. “Today’s action allows for a younger population to be protected from COVID-19, bringing us closer to returning to a sense of normalcy and to ending the pandemic. Parents and guardians can rest assured that the agency undertook a rigorous and thorough review of all available data, as we have with all of our COVID-19 vaccine emergency use authorizations.”"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom