Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
The one thing from over a year of this thread that astounds me more than anything is just how many people here think they are so, so much smarter than the average, ignorant American and look down their noses at their fellow citizens. The amount of arrogant elitism in this one thread on a Disney forum is just astonishing.
Wait, who set a reminder in their calendar to follow-up with someone on that Disney forum? I don’t know. I’d say that was just astonishing if someone else hadn’t already said they’d done it back in May of last year. Still, that other person (banned from the forum, actually) didn’t have the gall to share it publicly.

DavidNoble

Ok I give up. I have rightfully pointed out that many of those who haven’t taken the covid shot yet have taken all other vaccines. Yet you continue to thump your arrogant chest and hold your nose in the air. People like you are actually the dregs of the society.

Everyone who is not taking the vaccine right away are evil, should be shamed from society, and bow to your moral superiority.

All of those other vaccines though weren't when they were adults. I believe that's the point. The past 20 years has seen an attack on vaccines that have caused people to pause for specious arguments. Yet, the people who got all of those vaccines when they're children didn't have a choice and there wasn't the same view on vaccines as there are now.

lazyboy97o

Nope, I didn’t say too fast was a conspiracy. But, it has no real logic to it.

Conspiracy I was referring to was infertility issues etc.
Too fast is a conspiracy. A conspiracy is a group secretly engaging in an unlawful or wrongful activity. The various government agencies around the world, independent review boards, and people involved with their development all would have had to agree to somehow reducing the timeline knowing it was not in keeping with established safety standards.

DavidNoble

OMG, take a look at EarthCam's Time Square 4K live there was too many people are crowding tonight, as there will be might huge COVID-19 spike, is the a lots people are vaccinated already? @GoofGoof @ImperfectPixie:

It's a bit odd that you saw this and thought 'let me go stick it to some people on a Disney forum!'

Too fast isn't a conspiracy theory. Again, remember the initial messaging was having a vaccine by end of 2020 was unrealistic and shouldn't be counted on.

now if someone says "they rushed it so they could elect [insert name here]" or "because the virus was manmade it was so easy to make", then yeah, they're venturing in cuckoo for cocoa puff realm.

Well, and a year ago feels like 10 years ago, there wasn't a lot known about mRNA, whether or not it could be used in this situation, etc. Also, because of how the vaccine process typically is, they were correct in thinking it would be unrealistic because the process wouldn't allow it. Instead, they crashed the whole process (completing items not in sequential order, but parallel).

Flugell

It's obvious people are "done".
I would not say done, just simple rule breakers. Come on Disney, you’ve made the rules - make people adhere to them or give them the choice of leaving. People will be at Disney because they’re aware of the current rules and may have chosen to stay away if they knew they wouldn’t be maintained. Also people currently at Disney know what the rules are and if they’re not prepared to abide by them then they shouldn’t be there.

DavidNoble

The one thing from over a year of this thread that astounds me more than anything is just how many people here think they are so, so much smarter than the average, ignorant American and look down their noses at their fellow citizens. The amount of arrogant elitism in this one thread on a Disney forum is just astonishing.

Is arrogant elitism = educating themselves?

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
How many months when there will be back to normal with no masks and social distancing soon? When many people will be all vaccinated and what month?

SamusAranX

Nope, I didn’t say too fast was a conspiracy. But, it has no real logic to it.

Conspiracy I was referring to was infertility issues etc.
Does it have perfect logic? But to an average human being it would seem that way. I’m a logical person yet I was astounded (in a good but “woah” way) with how fast at first it seemed these vaccines came about. I had no idea that the actual research was in the works since 2003. The media didn’t really go into those details. Thankfully I did the research. Help others who think it seemed too fast to understand. Even if you can convince one person on the fence, that’s an accomplishment!

lazyboy97o

Instead, they crashed the whole process (completing items not in sequential order, but parallel).
As has been explained, the big reason is that things got much worse than desired/expected so the number of cases in the test groups reached statistical significance well before anyone would have wanted. In a way, we induced a sort of societal challenge trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom