Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBaker

Premium Member
I'm curious to see what Universal does between now and end of summer. Will they gradually drop all restrictions by the time of HHN or do they stay the way they are?

Was at Universal today and they have replaced the distancing stickers with these -

tempImageIz6W9B.jpg

and there was practically no distancing in queue lines... at least the ones we were in.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I have a feeling Uni is going to remove restrictions before Disney. Disney likes to play politics a little more publicly lately now too

politics (and DVC) forced Disney into a place they didn’t want to go last year

Good. I am one of the most Covid conservative people I know and I have always thought they were stupid. Schools did away with them months ago. Anyone who wants to pass the check can take Tylenol. Totally useless!

temp checks are absolutely pointless...If we’re honest. Ever since asymptomatic spread was confirmed

disneygeek90

Was at Universal today and they have replaced the distancing stickers with these -

View attachment 554424

and there was practically no distancing in queue lines... at least the ones we were in.
There were also black tape markers in some of the queues placed curiously close to around the halfway mark of each blue line. Perhaps testing the potential markers needed for 3 feet.

Though with 3 feet, that’s basically no real distancing anyway.

Bill in Atlanta

It’s stunning that that’s necessary.

Save your life? Meh. $100? Woo hoo!

yeah, don’t attack drunk drivers, either, right? They’re not irresponsible, they just don’t want their freedom restricted.

I had to have a chat with my employees today. I told them nothing has changed; the mask mandate is our choice.

I told them if anyone comes in with their middle finger up saying they don’t have to, do not be confrontational. Politely ask them to put a mask on. If they won’t, politely explain how we can help them over the phone or online and do curbside pick up.

And I told them if anyone won’t put on a mask and won’t exit, to call the police.

Thanks for the extra challenge, Governor Dunce. The 18 year olds on their summer jobs will appreciate the extra education. 🤦🏻‍♂️

I also spoke with the owners of the same kind of business in three counties. We’re all on the same page, so troublemakers can’t go anywhere else but Amazon.

One of the businesses already had to throw someone out today.

Finally, I told them: just as has been the case for the entire last year, 99.9% of our customers are wonderful people. We know most of them by name. The chances of having a confrontation are slim - but I have their backs not only in this circumstance but more broadly in limiting their risk (and that of our customers.)

Pity our Governor doesn’t hold any of us in as high regard or take his job more seriously.
I’ve only watched DeSantis from afar, but I found it interesting that Bill Maher of all people lauded DeSantis for being more knowledgeable and fact-based than many on his own side. These days it’s rare for any leftist to say nice things about a conservative, so I raised an eyebrow for sure.

As I understand it, the governor is only removing government restrictions, giving business owners like yourself the final say on which precaution(s) to take.

Sorcerer Mickey

I’ve only watched DeSantis from afar, but I found it interesting that Bill Maher of all people lauded DeSantis for being more knowledgeable and fact-based than many on his own side. These days it’s rare for any leftist to say nice things about a conservative, so I raised an eyebrow for sure.

As I understand it, the governor is only removing government restrictions, giving business owners like yourself the final say on which precaution(s) to take.

Yes, but he is removing mandates put in place by counties and cities. This would be considered "government overreach" if the federal gov did the same to the states.

HairyChest

Are the vaccines readily Available in Florida or are they still supply restricted? Because if anyone who wants a vaccine can easily get one, I can see the reasoning behind people choosing masking including business owners at their own businesses.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I think the discrimination thing is on the state legislature. He didn’t support it, but the legislature failed to pass the amendment. It’s bat **** crazy if you ask me. These politicians literally told people to get the vaccine and people did and now they don’t want to protect them from being fired for doing exactly what the government asked of them. That’s insane.
I haven't seen the amendment, but from what I understand it wasn't just as cut and dried as one sentence making it illegal to discriminate against someone who is vaccinated. It seems that was the spin put on it, but it involved several things. I will see if I can find the exact language used in it.

havoc315

Yes, he is a walking contradiction. Railed on for months about how the government should allow businesses to interact with their customers how they see fit without government interference and then passes an executive order banning vaccine passports. I’m sure if the Federal government mandated Covid mitigations that applied to FL he‘d be the first to scream about state rights but then he restricts the local governments from doing what they think is best for their local situation.

It’s hypocrisy under the fake guise of noble principles but really just reaching out to backwards crazies.

Local control over Federal overreach! As long as the local government is against Covid restrictions. If the local government wants Covid restrictions, then no local control!

No discriminating against people for refusing to get vaccinated! Anti-discrimination! Oh, but it’s perfectly fine to discriminate against people who did get the vaccine!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I haven't seen the amendment, but from what I understand it wasn't just as cut and dried as one sentence making it illegal to discriminate against someone who is vaccinated. It seems that was the spin put on it, but it involved several things. I will see if I can find the exact language used in it.
This is it:

6 (6) A business, a governmental entity, or an educational
7 institution may not reject, restrict, obstruct, interfere,
8 prevent, or deny a person access to, entry upon, or services
9 from a business, a governmental entity, or an educational
10 institution because the person is vaccinated against COVID-19.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom