Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Some hope for the country:

One of the key takeaways is the theory that the combination of natural infection and vaccinations can drive cases down long before 75% of the population is vaccinated. Too soon to say for sure but at least in these states with recent surges it looks like cases have turned downward. In the graph below you can see the drop off that started in NY despite more restrictions being relaxed.

4FA5AEB1-B7E9-4E16-A54D-B8ED75067FA8.png

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes

One of the key takeaways is the theory that the combination of natural infection and vaccinations can drive cases down long before 75% of the population is vaccinated. Too soon to say for sure but at least in these states with recent surges it looks like cases have turned downward. In the graph below you can see the drop off that started in NY despite more restrictions being relaxed.

View attachment 551756
Great! If this is keep going down by months away then we will finally get back to normal with no masks and social distancing by late summer or fall.

JoeCamel

Great! If this is keep going down by months away then we will finally get back to normal with no masks and social distancing by late summer or fall.
Keep it in perspective. The daily levels are still more than any day from May to November last summer. Was last summer low levels or were we taking measures to prevent the spread?
We are moving in the right direction but if we drop masks and distance too soon we get back to large daily case rates.
Keep up the fight and we will come out of this in time

danlb_2000

Premium Member

View attachment 551756

Even Michigan has taken a sharp down turn in cases over the last week.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Keep it in perspective. The daily levels are still more than any day from May to November last summer. Was last summer low levels or were we taking measures to prevent the spread?
We are moving in the right direction but if we drop masks and distance too soon we get back to large daily case rates.
Keep up the fight and we will come out of this in time
Maybe late summer or fall we will drop masks and distance for good if we reach 75% or 80% people got vaccinated?

JoeCamel

Maybe late summer or fall we will drop masks and distance for good if we reach 75% or 80% people got vaccinated?
Look to case rates for when the masks will go away. If we get down to a manageable rate we can get back to "normal". The vaccinations will help drop the rate as do the masks and distance. When the rates come down the CDC will change their guidance on mask policy. Anything that brings the rates down will move us closer to that goal. We will only know when the goal can be reached when we get there, no way to tell when that will be from here.

ParentsOf4

So ...

What is everyone seeing for vaccine appointment availability in your area?

In my location, the local pharmacies and grocery stores are showing availability 4 days from today.

The large local government run facilities are showing next day availability.

Tony Perkis

So ...

In my location, the local pharmacies and grocery stores are showing availability 4 days from today.

Getting shot 2 on Monday.

I’m stocked up on my hard seltzers.

JoeCamel

So ...

West coast of FL are walkup and same day appts. get your shots people!
eta: as of 4/25 the J&J one shot is available if you only want one trip

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
So ...

It’s much more open here in the past week or so. You can get an appointment at most pharmacies and in some cases can even pick a time. I’d say for CVS and Rite Aid about 50/50 on locations having open appointments in the next week which is way better than it was when I booked mine. No excuses now for people to not go. It’s free, it’s easy to get an appointment and it’s perfectly safe. Everyone do your part...any we all get a return to normal this Summer 😎

correcaminos

So ...

Ohio State Fairgrounds open to walk ins 6 days a week 12-3. My pediatrician has weekly clinics. Chain pharmacies are hit or miss but depending I could schedule tomorrow. It's been a couple weeks since I helped anyone with finding a vaccine.

hopemax

So ...

I haven't checked anything myself because I've already gotten both my shots, but according to the Reddit group for my area, the Denver metro area is still tight as far as grocery store pharmacies. Three of the mass vax sites just started allowing walkups this past week. I signed up for one of those "extra dose" email lists early on, and got my first text about availability in my area, today. Rural, I think things are pretty open though now.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Reminds me, I should apologize to @Sirwalterraleigh, who I accused of being spirit in disguise (read that slow... not spirit in the sky).
Back to COVID. Who I also accused of being spirit.
Naahhh...

ive been accused of much worse. Someone In the private Lounge had me fingered as wdwpro...or some other rumor peddler.

ive only ever “been” me. One name on one board at one time. No pseudonyms or mimmicking.

gotta be me, baby. 😎

JAKECOTCenter

My parents were lucky enough to get me a appointment at Publix when I was away at college so I got it a few days ago when I came home for spring break. Got my first 5G shot and boy did it hurt for a while. That Bill Gates mind control was coursing through my veins. Oh don't worry of course I'm joking. But my Moderna first shot did hurt

JoeCamel

My parents were lucky enough to get me a appointment at Publix when I was away at college so I got it a few days ago when I came home for spring break. Got my first 5G shot and boy did it hurt for a while. That Bill Gates mind control was coursing through my veins. Oh don't worry of course I'm joking. But my Moderna first shot did hurt
But once you synch up with the collective it will be bliss. Go to the light....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom