Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin_W

Well, the inherent motivation is to not get sick (or spread disease). For myself, that's enough motivation, I don't need a financial push or a you-get-to-remove-your-mask incentive.

If enough of us get vaccinated and we push disease totals down, we'll all get to remove masks together. That's good enough for me.

SamusAranX

Well, the inherent motivation is to not get sick (or spread disease). For myself, that's enough motivation, I don't need a financial push or a you-get-to-remove-your-mask incentive.

If enough of us get vaccinated and we push disease totals down, we'll all get to remove masks together. That's good enough for me.

In a nice world. yes, that should be the motive. It's my motive too; I both want normalcy again, and I want my friends, congregation, coworkers, and family to be ok too. But not everyone is inherently going to have altruistic motives. Especially Gen Z / Millennials (I am loathe to paint them the same, but let's face it, they do bear some degree of selfishness when you meet some of them)

SamusAranX

Executive order just signed in Florida banning Vaccine Passports.

I don't think Disney was ever planning on using one.

IF anything they will use rapid testing in the future.

WDW's new ticket scheme announced!

1 Day, 1 Park - $110 (must provide rapid negative test from past 24 hours)
NEW! 1 Day 1 Park + Mickey's Not So Scary Covid Safety Bundle (includes test and sticker) - $149.99

Jrb1979

In a nice world. yes, that should be the motive. It's my motive too; I both want normalcy again, and I want my friends, congregation, coworkers, and family to be ok too. But not everyone is inherently going to have altruistic motives. Especially Gen Z / Millennials (I am loathe to paint them the same, but let's face it, they do bear some degree of selfishness when you meet some of them)
The concerning thing is they are the ones filling up the hospitals.

Thelazer

Not sure that matters. Florida doesn’t own Disney so they can do what they want at the gate
They sure as heck won't be doing a rapid test on every guest... cost's way to much.

I'm guessing they will drop the "Temp" checks, as those are pointless anyways right after easter.
Mask policy goes away by July.

Patcheslee

It's interesting that it specifies "COVID-19 vaccination", so it is ok for business to require proof of other vaccinations. This would probably be a good angle to go after if someone wanted to fight this.
Wouldn't the option to show vaccination for additional rights i.e. no mask, sit with a large number of people in your group if all vaccinated, be allowed under this? It's only preventing admission or service all together.
That would deny anyone service.

Chi84

Premium Member
It seems a bit weak on the reasoning underlying an emergency order - creating "two classes of citizens" doesn't have the legal gravitas of preventing spread of a deadly virus. That, and the free flow of commerce rationale, are probably more appropriately left to the legislature. I'm sure it's being challenged as we speak.

With this type of emergency order, it's often less about what can be done and more about who can legally do it.

disneygeek90

It’s a logjam now at 35-40 % capacity. With distancing the lines stretch everywhere. I know they aren’t as long as they look because of the distancing but many are hitting the 45 minute to hour and more. With the spring breakers and the parks at max a lot it’s way longer then that. If crowds are increased, let’s say to 50 %, it will be unbearable. Out of the last 10 families to travel their through my wife, 3 families said it was enjoyable, the other 7 families said it was a mistake to go. Increase capacity more without some major changes in distancing and some sort of FP to get people in all areas of the parks, not going to be good.
Not having shows and theaters running last summer was disappointing for guests. Right now it's crippling operations. Frozen and Mickey shorts aren't cutting it. I'm hoping vaccines can get them back up and running. We need shows like Indy and FOTLK to get people out of lines for 30+ minutes at a time.

MaryJaneP

Of all the mitigation measures, what is the order that WDW may roll them back? Not which order do you prefer them to be rolled back. Predicting which measure will be rolled back first, and then which one will fall next, will be very interesting to watch. Capacity limits may be bumped up and seemingly argue in favor of loosening the measures.

One prediction is that social distancing will be dropped first. The temp check may be next. Mask may be third on the list. Hand washing has always been suggested but very sporadically followed and is probably unenforceable. Temp checks and masks may decrease some spread. Social distancing (6ft vs 3ft) is already under revision and directly affects their capacity throughput numbers. What people should do is not always what they want to do nor what they actually do.

ZodIsGr8

getting political
Why is DeSantis such a idiot?

Asking on behalf of all my Floridian friends bar one.
Not being political at all in my response to you Martin as you are my favorite Disney source not to mention I love your YouTube channel. Your knowledge of all things Disney and the history of Disney is just amazing to me. In the US we do not have a fall back system of where the government will pay us a huge portion of our salary if we are furloughed, so in order to survive we have to work. That is why Desantis opened Florida up. If the lockdowns were working, then California would not have been in the mess that they were in. California was on a very strict lockdown policy and their numbers were the same as if not worse than Florida's. In an ideal world, we would all love to stay home and get paid until this was over but unfortunately that is not reality for us over here in the states. Not sure how it works in the UK, but I hope you and your loved ones are staying safe and making it through all of this. Just want to make it clear that I am not attacking your point of view as your entitled to it, but for many Floridians he saved their livelihoods by allowing businesses to reopen in a safe manner. Whether or not the people that live in that state or visit it are smart enough to wear a mask and socially distance themselves is another matter all together, but that is not a Florida issue, that is a worldwide issue.
On a separate note, have you done one of your tribute videos on The Great Movie Ride? I would love to see that as I know you would have the most informative and detailed video.
Take care and hope you have a great weekend.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It seems a bit weak on the reasoning underlying an emergency order - creating "two classes of citizens" doesn't have the legal gravitas of preventing spread of a deadly virus. That, and the free flow of commerce rationale, are probably more appropriately left to the legislature. I'm sure it's being challenged as we speak.

With this type of emergency order, it's often less about what can be done and more about who can legally do it.

It also doesn't say much about penalties. If I am reading it right it does sound like the state could revoke a companies business license, but if Disney decided to violate this, does anyone really think the state would shut them down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom