Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patcheslee

Most states have started some level of essential workers and/or people with health conditions. I don’t think that all of the people here who have gone so far are 65+. FL hasn‘t opened it up to essential workers yet but many other places have. In Philadelphia where my parents live they still haven’t opened to 65-74 but they have opened to essential worker groups. The rest of PA is more in line with the CDC guidlelines.
PA seems to be a little odd in having different eligibility depending on where they live.
Wouldn't it just cause people from Philadelphia to try another city?

donaldtoo

Most states have started some level of essential workers and/or people with health conditions. I don’t think that all of the people here who have gone so far are 65+. FL hasn‘t opened it up to essential workers yet but many other places have. In Philadelphia where my parents live they still haven’t opened to 65-74 but they have opened to essential worker groups. The rest of PA is more in line with the CDC guidlelines.

As far as vaccines go...
Both my folks and MIL (all in their early to late 80’s) were all fully vaccinated weeks ago. DWifey and myself (57 and 58) got our first dose this past Tuesday evening. Our youngest DD (26) is a teacher and fully vaccinated. Our DS (28) and our SonIL (30) both got their first doses the week before us. Our oldest DD (29) is expecting our second granddaughter in July, so she has not yet been vaccinated.
My next youngest bro and his DWifey (mid 50’s), and their DD (late teens) have all been fully vaccinated. Their son (early 20’s) got COVID months ago at college (Texas A&M) and apparently still has antibodies, so has not yet been vaccinated.
My youngest bro and his DWifey (early 50’s), and their 3 kiddos (teens) have not yet been vaccinated.
I’m not sure about my lil’ sis’ and DH (late 40’s), and their 5 kiddos (pre-teens, teens) in Louisiana though.
The rest of us mentioned above all live in Texas.
Even so, all of us are still following COVID protocols like we did before for now...wearing masks, distancing, and not gathering in large groups. Hopefully, that will change relatively soon...!!! :)

Last edited:

DisneyDebRob

PA seems to be a little odd in having different eligibility depending on where they live.
It does but the problem is, all the counties around Phildelphia are not getting much. There’s a news report on it every night. No one can get appointments because the supply is so low. So you now have Philadelphians trying to get into our areas which is also setting us back. We need more vaccine in the counties.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Call your gov'nor and have him set up state-run clinics. Then it's not a county vs county thing any more. Anyone with a PA DL is eligible for a PA-run clinic.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
As far as vaccines go...
Both my folks and MIL (all in their early to late 80’s) were all fully vaccinated weeks ago. DWifey and myself (57 and 58) got our first dose this past Tuesday evening. Our youngest DD (26) is a teacher and fully vaccinated. Our DS (28) and our SonIL (30) both got their first doses the week before us. Our oldest DD (29) is expecting our second granddaughter in July, so she has not yet been vaccinated.
My next youngest bro and his DWifey (mid 50’s), and their DD (late teens) have all been fully vaccinated. There son (early 20’s) got COVID months ago at college (Texas A&M) and apparently still has antibodies, so has not yet been vaccinated.
My youngest bro and his DWifey (early 50’s), and their 3 kiddos (teens) have not yet been vaccinated.
I’m not sure about my lil’ sis’ and DH (late 40’s), and their 5 kiddos (pre-teens, teens) in Louisiana though.
The rest of us mentioned above all live in Texas.
Even so, all of us are still following COVID protocols like we did before for now...wearing masks, distancing, and not gathering in large groups. Hopefully, that will change relatively soon...!!! :)
The new CDC recommendations are due out any day that supposedly will relax restrictions on private gatherings where all parties are vaccinated. That’s the first step. Then we move on to public gatherings after the vast majority are vaccinated.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It’s a big issue. My parents did get their shots in Philly at a hospital clinic but only due to medical conditions. The city of Pittsburgh is following the state plan, only Philly has gone on its own. I have relatives between 65 and 74 who live in the city and got appointments outside of Philly at a pharmacy but when they arrived were rejected because they weren’t eligible in Philly where they live. Crazy stuff.

dreday3

The new CDC recommendations are due out any day that supposedly will relax restrictions on private gatherings where all parties are vaccinated. That’s the first step. Then we move on to public gatherings after the vast majority are vaccinated.

Doesn't that seem so silly though? :D I mean, wouldn't everyone assume if everyone you are hanging out with has been vaccinated, you don't need masks?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Doesn't that seem so silly though? :D I mean, wouldn't everyone assume if everyone you are hanging out with has been vaccinated, you don't need masks?
Yes, which is why they are updating the guidance. Fauci even said in an interview he would have no issue getting together with family members who were also vaccinated indoors without masks or distancing. The official guidelines just haven’t been updated yet, which is coming soon. Now that a larger percent of people have been vaccinated it’s more of a reality then when 5% or less were done.

Patcheslee

Wow, and I thought Indiana was a mess. The whole Federal program for teachers is a mess right now. Walmart still doesn't have a separate site for them to register, the state site won't allow them. Kroger shows 1st appointments but 2nd appointments unavailable so they won't allow booking. Meijer they register and someone calls when an appointment is available, not all locations are for teachers.
Then we apparently have our local Walmart at a J&J site now, but it isn't listed on the governments map of locations.

JoeCamel

Wow, and I thought Indiana was a mess. The whole Federal program for teachers is a mess right now. Walmart still doesn't have a separate site for them to register, the state site won't allow them. Kroger shows 1st appointments but 2nd appointments unavailable so they won't allow booking. Meijer they register and someone calls when an appointment is available, not all locations are for teachers.
Then we apparently have our local Walmart at a J&J site now, but it isn't listed on the governments map of locations.
Look for FEMA sites

Incomudro

Everyone in this thread is getting shots has me wondering what the average age on the forum is 🤣🤣
Yeah, I'm 57 and find myself in a relative purgatory when it comes to getting vaccinated.
My wife - a 51 year old Director of Nursing/RN got hers.
Her parents, about 77 and 75 got theirs.
I see that if I were still employed instead of recently retired (I worked for the NYS Supreme Court) that my turn as a court employee would be coming up in the not too distant future.
Of course, being retired and not working and commuting lowers my exposure and it makes sense and I support higher risk populations based on age and exposure getting their vaccinations first.
I am fit and trim, and exercise regularly so I've got that in my favor.

DisneyDebRob

My brother in laws wife, who is approximately 45, had covid and has actually been an anti vaxer for as long as I've known her - got a covid vaccine.
I have no idea how she finagled that one.
Maybe she has seen the light! Good that she got one.
Sometimes people need something to happen to them or a loved one before they change their mind on things.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Numbers are out - there were 63 new reported deaths, along with 3 Non-Florida Resident deaths.

Screen Shot 2021-03-07 at 3.11.34 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-03-07 at 3.11.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-03-07 at 3.11.54 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-03-07 at 3.11.04 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom