Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony the Tigger

Good luck! Hopefully, of the alternative is a wasted dose, you can show a history of care in MyChart or an Rx or something. Fingers crossed for you!
Thanks! I think we've worked it out. I had to suggest we could drop the forms off, they can fill it out at their leisure, and we can pick them up either late today or first thing Monday morning.

I'll be slightly anxious until they are in my hand lol.

But what a relief it will be to know I'm at least partially protected a few days after Monday (assuming this all works out.)

LovePop

I just learned yesterday that my state governor has removed mask requirements a month ago. Our cases has dropped by half since the removal. I went to Walmart yesterday and noticed that quite a few people weren't wearing masks, even though Walmart still has the mask requirement sign up. However, several counties and one neighboring town still have mask requirement because they disagree with the governor. I also went to a restaurant yesterday. I went there 2 months ago when they both required masks and measured our temperature beforehand. This time, nobody was wearing masks! Not the wait staff, not the cooks, no one! Wow, didn't see that coming.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Numbers are out - there were 135 new reported deaths, along with 3 Non-Florida Resident deaths.

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 3.20.35 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 3.20.45 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 3.20.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 3.20.21 PM.png

MaryJaneP

Seeing more and more of this.
Oh wow! An opinion piece from the NY Post? And she writes that things Dr. Fauci said in February and March of last year were different than what is being said since? Not surprising! How about this opinion, people need to see and hear MORE of Dr. Fauci. Maybe, at least, as long as and until there are long-term improvements in the numbers in a pandemic that has already killed over 500,000 people in this country alone? Probably even after that.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

Seeing more and more of this.
As you all already know I’ve been less than impressed with his “projecting“ things lately. I don’t care if he is removed from TV but maybe he should just stop answering questions that involve him projecting what will happen 6+ months from now. All the stuff complaining about his statements in the past on masks and other stuff is basically just bunk. People didn’t want to hear what he had to say because it went against what they wanted. If Fauci came out tomorrow and said no more masks or distancing and bars should be open the same people who want to lynch him today would be building a statue to him.

He became public enemy number 1 for the Covid denying, anti-mask crowd and the more the anti-Trump people embraced him for defying Trumps desires to downplay Covid the more the hate grew for him. As we get towards having enough vaccine for everyone who wants in a few months it may serve the best interests of the country to put Fauci on the bench for that reason alone. Right now in every poll I’ve seen a large number of registered Republicans say they won’t take the vaccine ever, 51% in the latest Gallup poll. There are 55M registered Republicans so that’s 28M people (8.5% of the population) firmly in the no camp. For this vaccine rollout to finish strong and succeed in ending the pandemic we are going to need at least some of those people to come around. It probably doesn’t help when their most hated spokesperson on anything Covid related is on TV constantly saying everyone should be vaccinated and then follows that up by saying there will be no return to normal until 2022. Not exactly the best message to get people motivated to go in for the shot. I know it seems incredibly stupid to not get a vaccine because someone you don’t like but don’t even actually know says you should on TV, but I can’t control stupid.

dreday3

As you all already know I’ve been less than impressed with his “projecting“ things lately. I don’t care if he is removed from TV but maybe he should just stop answering questions that involve him projecting what will happen 6+ months from now. All the stuff complaining about his statements in the past on masks and other stuff is basically just bunk. People didn’t want to hear what he had to say because it went against what they wanted. If Fauci came out tomorrow and said no more masks or distancing and bars should be open the same people who want to lynch him today would be building a statue to him.

He became public enemy number 1 for the Covid denying, anti-mask crowd and the more the anti-Trump people embraced him for defying Trumps desires to downplay Covid the more the hate grew for him. As we get towards having enough vaccine for everyone who wants in a few months it may serve the best interests of the country to put Fauci on the bench for that reason alone. Right now in every poll I’ve seen a large number of registered Republicans says they won’t take the vaccine ever, 51% in the latest Gallup poll. There are 55M registered Republicans so that’s 28M people (8.5% of the population) firmly in the no camp. For this vaccine rollout to finish strong and succeed in ending the pandemic we are going to need at least some of those people to come around. It probably doesn’t help when their most hated spokesperson on anything Covid related is on TV constantly saying everyone should be vaccinated and then follows that up by saying there will be no return to normal until 2022. Not exactly the best message to get people motivated to go in for the shot. I know it seems incredibly stupid to not get a vaccine because someone you don’t like but don’t even actually know says you should on TV, but I can’t control stupid.

wow, those people are morons! :oops: And...Trump got the vaccine in January!!!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
and did so, so quietly that hardly anyone knew. He had a chance to rectify past mistakes and he did not.
It probably would have been helpful if he did it publicly and then told his supporters they should all get the vaccine as soon as they are eligible, but we can’t change the past. Hopefully enough people get it anyway, but how disappointing is it going to be if we get to May and through a miracle actually have enough doses for 300M people but not nearly enough takers and so the pandemic rages on. I really hope that doesn’t happen.

correcaminos

It probably would have been helpful if he did it publicly and then told his supporters they should all get the vaccine as soon as they are eligible, but we can’t change the past. Hopefully enough people get it anyway, but how disappointing is it going to be if we get to May and through a miracle actually have enough doses for 300M people but not nearly enough takers and so the pandemic rages on. I really hope that doesn’t happen.
The fact that he did it sneakily bugs the ever-living crap out of me. I'm sure people know by now I am huge into getting people vaccinated. I spent time helping others in my area too whenever I can. All he had to do was do a little news blip somewhere, but no. This stuff hurts. I just read through comments on Dolly Parton getting her shot and people who are crazy Trumpers talk like it's poison. But their former pres got it yet won't promote it to them? I am just so baffled by it all.

I wish those people who don't want it (not can't or have a contradiction) stay home and away until numbers are good. It really breaks my heart to think that crazies could mess this up for the rest of us.

And before someone thinks I am a left leaning whatever, I'm actually an Independent. I just find the former Pres. dealings with covid to be less than what they should've been.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"California theme parks can reopen April 1 under updated guidelines from the state’s health department following a year of coronavirus closures that cost the parks billions and forced them to shed tens of thousands of jobs during the COVID-19 pandemic.

The new California theme park guidelines and opening date are part of a “refresh” of Gov. Gavin Newsom’s four-tier Blueprint for a Safer Economy.

California theme parks have been closed since March 2020 under COVID-19 health and safety reopening guidelines issued by the state. Many parks have partially reopened for special events and food festivals without rides.

The Newsom administration’s “Blueprint Refresh” allows Disneyland, Universal Studios Hollywood, Knott’s Berry Farm, Six Flags Magic Mountain, SeaWorld San Diego, Legoland California and other California theme parks to reopen as early as April 1 once the counties they are located in reach the red/substantial tier 2 risk status.

Starting on April 1, California theme parks can reopen at 15% capacity in the red/substantial tier 2.

Capacity levels will shift in the orange/moderate tier 3 and yellow/minimal tier 4.

Theme park attendance will be limited to California residents. Updated guidelines will be worked out over the next couple of weeks in partnership with theme parks.

“We appreciate the administration’s willingness to work with the state’s theme parks on the finer details of the plan so parks can responsibly reopen soon, putting people safely back to work and reinvigorating local economies,” California Attractions and Parks Association executive director Erin Guerrero said in a statement.

Most California counties with major theme parks still remain in the most-restrictive purple/widespread tier 1 risk level — including Orange (Disneyland and Knott’s), Los Angeles County (Universal Studios Hollywood and Six Flags Magic Mountain), San Diego (SeaWorld and Legoland) and Solano (Six Flags Discovery Kingdom).

Orange and Los Angeles counties are expected to move into the red/substantial tier 2 next week — meaning Disneyland, Disney California Adventure, Universal Studios Hollywood, Knott’s, Berry Farm and Six Flags Magic Mountain could reopen on April 1.

Santa Clara County — home to California’s Great America — is currently in the red/substantial tier 2 risk level. The Santa Clara amusement park has already set a reopening date of May 22.

Under the revised theme park guidelines, capacity limits will be placed on indoor rides and attractions.

The move is an abrupt about-face from the “slow, stubborn and stringent” approach to reopening California theme parks taken by the Newsom administration last fall.

In October, California officials issued separate reopening guidelines for smaller and larger theme parks in the state — with small parks allowed to reopen in the orange/moderate tier 3 while large parks could return in yellow/minimal tier 4. Attendance capacity was set at 25% in both tiers.

The California Attractions and Parks Association said the initial guidelines issued in October would keep the state’s large theme parks “closed Indefinitely.”

The “Blueprint Refresh” no longer makes a distinction between large and small California theme parks."

ppt=10335;g=ocr1_formers_jan-2021;gid=31611;ord=3291148170430.318;v=120

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom