Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

correcaminos

I think they are more using the phase 3 ongoing subjects as the canary birds to vaccine duration. Though real world can counter that. Phase 3 are well past 3 months, but EUA are not past 3 months. So for duration, Phase 3 is the leading indicator.

Bad news for those of us that are part of the leading indicator is that we will therefore always be outside the range since last vaccination unless we become part of a booster study ( without placebo group)
My guess is that places like cruises won't have that because it would be too hard. Eventually we could get strong enough numbers with antibodies many months later that they decide it's more like MMR shots or HPV. Get your two shots and your done. Will be interesting to follow and see how cautious people remain

DCBaker

Premium Member
Current Florida vaccine report -

Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 3.36.01 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 3.36.12 PM.png

The Mom

Premium Member
2 years? Wow what did you do to get that not approved?

Only do precheck. Got my renewal in less than 24 hours this week. Kid got approved this summer in 2 days.
It is not that easy if you do not have an international airport that issues them close by. I couldn't even get someone to answer the phone at the nearest one - a 2-3 hour drive from my house.

I was able to get it done while returning from an international flight where I had a 3 hour layover in NYC. All of the paperwork, etc was in their computer - I just needed the face to face interview.

Many local people told me when they were finally able to schedule the interview, it was months in the future. This was all before Covid.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Good point on people who can't be vaccinated. A provision could be added to the passport that allows a physician to verify that is the case to allow exceptions.
It could be done. I am getting the vaccine so I’m not opposed to it, but I don’t think it happens any time soon. Maybe in 2022 but I really hope there is no point by then. Without all kids and pregnant women approved I can’t see a practical way to implement it. Once the final trials wrap up and every person is eligible and the vaccines are fully approved, not just EUA then it’s possible. My gut feeling is it won’t be needed by then, I really hope not since that may not be until the end of the year. I understand the desire to use it as a punitive approach to vaccine resistors or as a way to lure people in to get vaccinated but I don’t think it could be implemented fast enough. Perhaps just the threat of doing it would be enough to push people off of the fence.

correcaminos

It is not that easy if you do not have an international airport that issues them close by. I couldn't even get someone to answer the phone at the nearest one - a 2-3 hour drive from my house.

I was able to get it done while returning from an international flight where I had a 3 hour layover in NYC. All of the paperwork, etc was in their computer - I just needed the face to face interview.

Many local people told me when they were finally able to schedule the interview, it was months in the future. This was all before Covid.
First that was a joke on what did they do. Second I know the process took many months. Just not years. I considered GE this time around but opted for precheck renewal again since GE is still not at my international airport. Orlando is very open though for appointments at least if I changed my mind.

seabreezept813

He didn't "cave." He didn't have a choice. The Federal Government is purchasing the vaccines and providing them to the State. The HHS secretary put out an order that teachers must be made eligible regardless of age so they will be made eligible.
Fair enough. Had that not been the case teachers here wouldn’t be up until May probably.

HuffsAhoy

In the Parks
No

Let's go boys, the end is near.
Live entertainment is what I am looking forward to experiencing again the most. I am an avid fan of bars/breweries and I have definitely missed them, but man, I have missed being in a concert and theatre wayyy more. The regional theatres here just announced their new seasons, it's gonna be a great time! My wallet won't be happy though :hilarious:

tpac24

Democrat politicians speculating means nothing and not surprising they are trying to discredit someone who may have a chance at the 2024 POTUS election. Also I don't see the big deal with people over 65 getting the vaccine regardless of their socio economic status. Are rich people expendable? It is truly sad that we would begrudge someone in the at risk age group a vaccine based on their wealth or their lack their of.

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Orange County talks about lifting its mask mandate. Looks like half of OC residents need to be vaccinated for them to drop it.

Interesting. First time I’ve seen anyone quantify a vaccine percentage as the gateway to remove the mask mandates. In theory if the vaccine rollout progresses as planned and enough people take the vaccine there is a good chance they hit that percentage by the end of April. Before anyone gets too excited, that doesn’t mean WDW will relax their mask mandates at the same time. Disney Springs opened with a full mask rule weeks before Orange County passed a county wide mask mandate. It’s possible (likely?) Disney will keep a mask mandate longer than the county, but it’s another step towards eventually relaxing the rule. It could also mean local competitors will relax mask rules and put pressure on Disney to follow.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Interesting. First time I’ve seen anyone quantify a vaccine percentage as the gateway to remove the mask mandates. In theory if the vaccine rollout progresses as planned and enough people take the vaccine there is a good chance they hit that percentage by the end of April. Before anyone gets too excited, that doesn’t mean WDW will relax their mask mandates at the same time. Disney Springs opened with a full mask rule weeks before Orange County passed a county wide mask mandate. It’s possible (likely?) Disney will keep a mask mandate longer than the county, but it’s another step towards eventually relaxing the rule. It could also mean local competitors will relax mask rules and put pressure on Disney to follow.

In such a heavy tourist area I am not sure tying masks mandates to local vaccination levels is such a good idea.

aliceismad

I agree. There is a big difference between dropping the mask mandate in the county based on the vaccination percentage of the local residents and dropping it at Disney, which is bringing together locals and tourists from various places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom