Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeCamel

Trump did nothing, kudos goes to the fine folks at Moderna and Pfizer. They drove the pace, the technology had already been there and they put it to action. Trump didn't get it out "in record time" the pharmaceutical companies did.
One thing he did do was promise them that they would have a market and be paid so they were incentivized to do the research. Beyond that smart people did the work.

tpac24

Facts: Trump got the vaccine out in record time, not one dem leader believed it and even stated they would not trust any vaccine that came out while Trump was in office. If it was not for the vaccines, we would be looking at another year of no hope. Thanks Donald Trump.
Some of those leaders said they weren't going to take the shot because Trump was behind it and now they are virtue signaling all over social media that they got the shot and are telling others to get it. politicians on both sides are such jokers and really think the average American voter is a fool.

sullyinMT

I don't think it is good at all. Why on earth would you prioritize a teacher in his or her 40's with essentially no risk of a serious outcome if they get COVID over a 70 year old with a statistically significant risk of a serious outcome? While supplies are limited, every 27 year old teacher that gets a shot delays a 77 year old from getting a shot.
A few weeks ago, when hospitals were getting overrun, this was a response I agree with. I said this in the vaccine discussion thread, but now is a good time to take advantage of the break in the wave. The more high-exposure people (teachers, grocery, public services) we inoculate now could do a lot of good in driving down case numbers. That is a good thing for community spread and, by extension, 50 or 55+ (or whatever the next age tier is in FL). Somewhere around this next age group is the inflection point where a protected general public is at least as beneficial as protecting specific ages.

John park hopper

Trump did nothing, kudos goes to the fine folks at Moderna and Pfizer. They drove the pace, the technology had already been there and they put it to action. Trump didn't get it out "in record time" the pharmaceutical companies did.
Trump did nothing --wrong --under his administration he pushed Congress into suppling research money so the pharmaceutical companies could do research and development and clinical trials. Under Trump millions of doses of proven vaccine were purchased. Biden is doing nothing more than riding on Trump's coat tails.

Heppenheimer

The Pfizer trial was also able to finish up in record time because they hit their clinical targets much earlier than expected. The biggest reason for that is because the pandemic was raging so badly out of control. When a disease has tens of thousands of new cases daily (versus yearly for most vaccine trials), you can accumulate the necessary data very quickly.

I'm glad we got these vaccines as fast as we did, but if it was at all due to Trump (and to be fair and clear, I'm not putting the blame solely with him), it was due to how poorly the pandemic was handled.

Heppenheimer

Some of those leaders said they weren't going to take the shot because Trump was behind it and now they are virtue signaling all over social media that they got the shot and are telling others to get it. politicians on both sides are such jokers and really think the average American voter is a fool.
To quote Carl Carlson of The Simpsons... um, that never happened.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Trump did nothing --wrong --under his administration he pushed Congress into suppling research money so the pharmaceutical companies could do research and development and clinical trials. Under Trump millions of doses of proven vaccine were purchased. Biden is doing nothing more than riding on Trump's coat tails.
For the sake of the thread, I disagree and we can leave it at that.

Heppenheimer

All side effects started ~12 hours after the shot for about 24 hours. A constant fever between 100-101, full body aches, pains, and chills. Also one of the worst headaches I've ever had! So fun all around 😂
Sounds like your reaction was a little worse than the usual for most people. But hey, you're done now! Welcome to the growing club.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Sorry but if that was honestly the case they would not have drug Biden out of his home and propped him up to run. They had an entire gaggle of better more with it options than Joe but they knew he was the only one who could come close to beating him. I truly believe had covid not been a thing he would have won a second term. I will admit I voted for him twice and I am not a die hard in fact I hope he doesn't run again.
This is the Covid thread not the rehashing last November thread thank you

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I get politics come into covid for many as stupid as that is, but when did this not be about covid and just bash political people.

I will say I am beyond tired of people picking on someone with a speech impediment though. It's like making fun of me if I spell wrong and my spell check doesn't catch it or if I read wrong because my comprehension can be messed up due to dyslexia. It's rude and childish to do so.

I don’t shy away from politics (But i don’t go to that dark alley of this site)....

...but it’s becoming too “airing of grievances” here.

There is a political element that can’t be separated from this topic...but when it starts to go “what about?”isms...our neurons start to suffer.

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
This isn’t directed at you personally, just the political tone of the vaccine rollout in general.

Honestly, who really cares. We have 3 highly effective vaccines and the end is in sight. I know some people get caught up in politics but in no way should these vaccines be politicized. If it makes more of his supporters take the vaccine I would gladly call them the Trump shot, build a statue to him and have a parade to honor him (he can even have the military vehicles and everything). The vaccines should be a bi-partisan success story. It’s disturbing to me that in most polling a large number of Republicans are still saying they won’t get vaccinated ever. Is political spite worth potentially prolonging the pandemic? We should all join together, take the vaccines, get out of this pandemic and then prepare to bludgeon each other come the mid-term election again.

tpac24

Riding on coat tails is actually something his is accomplished at. I do hope he can get this pandemic under control and we can go maskless sooner rather than later.

Epcot_Imagineer

I had Moderna, my sister had Pfizer and we both made similar comments after not having any adverse affects from the second doses. "Hmmm...maybe it's not working?"
Did you have rough first doses? I've read if you have had covid before both doses, the first one is worse. Additionally - I know people who recieved the second dose and only felt a mild headache for an hour or two. Everyone is different

Heppenheimer

Just wondering, has Fox News or Newsmax been pushing some line lately about how we now have the vaccines because of Trump? After a few weeks of fairly technical discussions, we've seen a large uptick in those sentiments here lately.

Let me say this... Operation Warp Speed was one necessary step to allow these vaccines (minus Pfizer-BIONTECH) to be deployed in such record time... but it wasn't the main reason. It was partially luck that these mRNA vaccine technologies already existed and that they could be adapted for COVID relatively easily. Operation Warp Speed mostly eliminated some intermediate administrative steps because it guaranteed financing, but these were not the major hurdles that needed to be passed to reach the final goal. The biggest reason by far was because the vaccine trials reached their clinical endpoints much quicker than anticipated, due to the pandemic generating such a huge daily case load. I've written this several times before, but here goes again... you can prove statistical significance much quicker when you have a disease with a daily incidence measured in the tens of thousands.

MaryJaneP

... there is an alternative, though I don't know if we have the stomach for it. Strict vaccine passports. Then even if we don't vaccinate enough people, we can create an extremely safe bubble for those wise enough to vaccinate. (which will be a major incentive for more people to vaccinate).
Can't even get the covidiots to wear a mask, and your alternative is a "vaccine passport"? Yeah, that'll work better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom