Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
... there is an alternative, though I don't know if we have the stomach for it. Strict vaccine passports. Then even if we don't vaccinate enough people, we can create an extremely safe bubble for those wise enough to vaccinate. (which will be a major incentive for more people to vaccinate).
Actually, all it will create is an underground network of people creating fake passports for people that don't want to vaccinate.

Tony the Tigger

What, exactly, did Biden do (not say) which ramped up the vaccines in one month that Trump could have done but didn't do while he was ranting about the election?

None of the manufacturing process that has resulted in the recent increased supply was planned after 1/19. The 200 million doses of Pfizer and Moderna and 100 million of Johnson & Johnson were ordered under the Trump administration.
I’m not googling for you. Do your own homework, or pay better attention.

correcaminos

There are always going to be outliers. I didn't say it doesn't affect people who are young, I said that somebody who is elderly is at a much higher risk of being effected. Every accurate data set from everywhere in the world shows the same result. And, yes, they are being prioritized if they are able to get an appointment that would have gone to a 77 year old if the younger teacher was not eligible. Therefore, that 77 year old who didn't get the appointment has been delayed.
My dad is roughly 77 years old. He is retired and can stay home. My early 40s friend is not and caught it at work. Who is to say they were at less risk than my dad? Also my dad was eligible for vaccination already. Teachers were not when he was. They took care of him first. The argument that 2 months or more into regular vaccination that teachers who are getting their supply from a different pool than the elderly really doesn't hold much water with me. The 77 year old is not delayed due to teachers.

Actually, all it will create is an underground network of people creating fake passports for people that don't want to vaccinate.
Assuming it's not secure digital maybe. A digital passport would be really hard to fake. Not that I assume we'd get one cuz freedom and stuff

tpac24

Maybe so, but it did happen and while this is obviously just my opinion, the bad response to the pandemic seemed to push a lot of people into the anyone but him category.
That and the tweeting did many people in for sure but I think many will have buyers remorse. I personally will take the tweeting over the last 100 days. My livelihood is made off the oil and gas industry so Biden is really a no go for me right now. I think just like the Trump/Pence administration was one and done so will be the Biden/Harris .

DisneyDebRob

My dad is roughly 77 years old. He is retired and can stay home. My early 40s friend is not and caught it at work. Who is to say they were at less risk than my dad? Also my dad was eligible for vaccination already. Teachers were not when he was. They took care of him first. The argument that 2 months or more into regular vaccination that teachers who are getting their supply from a different pool than the elderly really doesn't hold much water with me. The 77 year old is not delayed due to teachers.

Assuming it's not secure digital maybe. A digital passport would be really hard to fake. Not that I assume we'd get one cuz freedom and stuff
The problem is that you have vocal parents saying get our kids back in school. I’m not picking a side here at all but you can’t say that and then say teachers who want to be safe can’t get the vaccine. It can’t work that way. At least our parent,yours and mine..79 and 80 here, can stay inside until the can get the vaccine. Mine got their second shot last week but speaking generally. Teachers don’t have that option. So either get the teachers vaccinated and open schools so they feel safe or dont have them in 1a group and stay hybrid as much as you can if cases are out of control in whatever area you live in. You or I have no say in determining how a teacher feels about their safety in their job. Especially the older teachers which we have tens of thousands of.

GimpYancIent

Spring is knocking on the door and I fully intend to enjoy WDW as more offerings come on line. WDW has done very well despite COVID19 and I want to enjoy no to low crowds. Not so long ago Disney expressed concern about crowd control now that is not an issue. I believe WDW is one of the safest places to go.

tpac24

Oh, is gas over now?

I own a record store. Something doesn’t have to be dominant in their category to be profitable. Make it work.

And we’re back to politics five minutes after someone got banned for it.

The topic is COVID/WDW. And...go.
Well coivd actually did effect our particular oil and gas business . We need our workers to be vaccinated or restrictions lifted( which they are now) to be fully functional. Also our family business is bigger than a record store and is dominated by one thing and that's oil drilling.

tpac24

Spring is knocking on the door and I fully intend to enjoy WDW as more offerings come on line. WDW has done very well despite COVID19 and I want to enjoy no to low crowds. Not so long ago Disney expressed concern about crowd control now that is not an issue. I believe WDW is one of the safest places to go.
I am gearing up for my 3rd Disney pandemic trip and I agree Disney has done a great job with all of this. I do wish we could walk and take a drink at the same time. On our last trip I forgot and got scolded by a sweet yet a little dramatic cast member.

Heppenheimer

Digital would probably be easier to hack and fake. The government is one of the worst players when it comes to IT security.
This is why I hope instead we go with a generally accepted international industry standard.

Historically, the electronics industry has been very good about adopting common standards with little government involvement.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Digital would probably be easier to hack and fake. The government is one of the worst players when it comes to IT security.
I've been waiting to get my Global Entry approved for two years. This would be essentially the same program except they'd need to incorporate medical data and process 300 MILLION people. A vaccine passport would take decades at government speeds.

Really? Because one of the main vaccines had zero to do with OWS.

And, really? Because Biden prioritized vaccinations and ramped them up tremendously in one month. Trump had TWO and a half months after losing the election and chose not to do what Biden just did. How many more people did Trump kill by focusing on circumventing the election instead of prioritizing vaccines?

These are facts.
Facts: Trump got the vaccine out in record time, not one dem leader believed it and even stated they would not trust any vaccine that came out while Trump was in office. If it was not for the vaccines, we would be looking at another year of no hope. Thanks Donald Trump.

SamusAranX

My friend was early 40s, healthy, runner, slender build, no health issues at all. Now 5 months post infection from school and only able to work part time. Just stop with this pretending it doesn't affect people who are young. They are not being prioritized over a 70 year old at this point either. The 77yo is not being delayed because of it.

it’s not that it never affects a 40 year old. It’s that when it comes down to the odds, the 70 year old is much more likely to suffer more. Which is why they need to be given vaccine priority

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Facts: Trump got the vaccine out in record time, not one dem leader believed it and even stated they would not trust any vaccine that came out while Trump was in office. If it was not for the vaccines, we would be looking at another year of no hope. Thanks Donald Trump.
Trump did nothing, kudos goes to the fine folks at Moderna and Pfizer. They drove the pace, the technology had already been there and they put it to action. Trump didn't get it out "in record time" the pharmaceutical companies did.

JoeCamel

For all those posting about who got it and who didn't I saw emerging research that type A blood is more receptive? attractive? to the spike proteins on the virus. They were careful to say it is not known what that means if anything yet but casual conversations with your friends/coworkers/family might reveal a pattern to blood type and severity of symptoms.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
WHEW just finished the day of hell following my 2nd Pfizer shot. Wow - I'll be honest that might be some of the sickest I have ever felt. I had kept hearing about how bad it would be, but I didn't think it'd be that bad.
Yikes, sorry to hear that was a rough day. Do you mind me asking what your side affects were?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom