Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Vaccine status for the country via Bloomberg Vaccine Tracker -

"Vaccinations in the U.S. began Dec. 14 with health-care workers, and so far 15.6 million shots have been given, according to a state-by-state tally by Bloomberg and data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. In the last week, an average of 806,716 doses per day were administered."

Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 8.38.10 PM.png

Bloomberg Vaccine Tracker

DisneyCane

Or, you know, simple oversight. By the time I realized it, when I went to the CDC website, it was too late. Since I’m not officially in a trial (though under EUA you can make some argument of that), that doesn’t entirely hold water. I’m sure of the millions of people who have received at least one dose, I’m not the only one who made the same mistake, even if we’d have liked to participate and report.

We’re on the same team. Everyone who can be should be vaccinated. But there’s no harm in informing people of potentially moderate-severe responses and at least considering scheduling around them. I’ve been in the throes of patient care here in Montana, so I want it to end as soon as anyone.
After my wife's first shot, she got a text every day for a week from the CDC to go to a website for a daily check in. There were questions about how she was feeling and any symptoms she had. After the first week, the texts stopped coming but then at the two week mark, she got a text for her weekly check in where it asked if she had any COVID symptoms or had been diagnosed with COVID. I'd guess another one of those will arrive at the three week mark.

I assumed that everybody got these texts or emails to check in and that they would be use to gather millions of data points both for reactions to being vaccinated and effectiveness.

sullyinMT

After my wife's first shot, she got a text every day for a week from the CDC to go to a website for a daily check in. There were questions about how she was feeling and any symptoms she had. After the first week, the texts stopped coming but then at the two week mark, she got a text for her weekly check in where it asked if she had any COVID symptoms or had been diagnosed with COVID. I'd guess another one of those will arrive at the three week mark.

I assumed that everybody got these texts or emails to check in and that they would be use to gather millions of data points both for reactions to being vaccinated and effectiveness.
Your wife probably paid attention to her info packet and opted in; mine has been getting the same texts. I made the poor assumption that I could do it online, and recycled my paperwork before scanning the QR code that brought me into the fold.

It wasn’t clearly communicated by my hospital, and I’m sure I’m not the only one in our county and beyond that has messed up, even inadvertently. Even still, I doubt the numbers overall would be skewed drastically one way or the other with 100% compliance (meaning ~15% reporting fatigue/soreness/fever), and the truly severe reactions are reported by care sites anyway.

I’m just glad we are getting more and more people that can “preach” locally to their friends, family, and convenience store attendants the safety and importance of these vaccines. The more people know someone first hand that has had it, the more likely they are to sign up when it’s available.

ETA: Either I missed it before or v-safe has been updated to allow opt-in for others who mess up or don’t get a code from their vaccination site.

Last edited:

Polkadotdress

She was likely being contacted by the staff at this app:

v-Safe, a smartphone-based tool from the CDC that uses text messaging and web surveys to provide personalized health check-ins after you receive a COVID-19 vaccination. V-safe allows you to report any side effects after getting the COVID-19 vaccine; depending on your answers, someone from CDC may call to check on you and get more information.

correcaminos

Interesting. I have not heard any friends or family reporting this. Will ask around.

I’m just glad we are getting more and more people that can “preach” locally to their friends, family, and convenience store attendants the safety and importance of these vaccines. The more people know someone first hand that has had it, the more likely they are to sign up when it’s available.
This! It's part of why I wanted to unblind myself. To share real info and help with long term concerns too.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Cool! I hope people take the time to do this because that will be really valuable data.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Residents and staff at the Washington nursing home which was the site of the first US Covid outbreak last Spring have now received their second doses of the vaccine. Symbolic of the beginning of the end for this pandemic 😷 Good times ahead for all of us...just a little longer to hang on 👍

Chi84

Premium Member
His first executive order will be a mask mandate for 100 days on all federal land
I'm hoping he can make a good case for businesses and individuals to follow COVID precautions for those 100 days. Every time I go to the hair salon there are fewer people wearing masks correctly, even though they are mandated in Illinois. My fear is that these precautions will effectively end before May 1 regardless of mandates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom