Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

FeelsSoGoodToBeBad

Florida vs NY
At least he is a legit snow-bird resident. I don't have a problem with them vaccinating the residents. I do take issue when they honor international vaccination tourism with their policies.

Disney Experience

At least he is a legit snow-bird resident. I don't have a problem with them vaccinating the residents. I do take issue when they honor international vaccination tourism with their policies.
I agree. I have no problem with snowbirds, even if they are here for a few months a year. Soon most states should be vaccinating the same groups and there will be less incentive.

Harder , if not impossible to prevent is people subletting/renting for the purpose of being vaccinated who actually reside in another country.

If I was a Brazilian with money, and could not obtain Pfizer or Moderna in country. Then paying for a month rental in Florida and an online guaranteed appointment would be tempting. Brazil has ordered one of the Chinese vaccines with a 50.4 efficacy. Brazil is also a country that has high attendance precovid at WDW. Children and young teens are not being vaccinated here in Florida , so some of the optimization of a trip to Florida for the purposes is decreased for rich foreign Families.

matt9112

Desantis using logic!?!

Surprise Reaction GIF

Not sure why he gets a bad wrap hoenstly....ny hasn't done any better...escept you know put nyc on the cutting room floor yet there not any better off. Its just something we need to live with...we can live with it and hide in our homes or we can live as normal as possible.
What's with the disrespectful name calling of the president?

Joey is far less derogatory than orange man....or agent orange. I mean joey is legitimately what some go by....a real name...

matt9112

Well, when you’re weak — it’s a defense that they’re just fatigued.

Flights are super cheap! Hows that for a defence. Theres also currently not really any difference imo in most states... covid is everywhere statistically i dont see evidence its flying around on planes like some kind of germ B52.

correcaminos

Please don't apologize. Knowledge is power and it's sad others are discouraging you from learning from the proper sources.
No one was discouraging from learning from real news sources. Just to be discerning and don't believe every title you read. Not all sources are equal. Some try to cause fear. As stated one source was not reliable but more sensational. Some people do it for fame, or hits on their sites.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Flights are super cheap! Hows that for a defence. Theres also currently not really any difference imo in most states... covid is everywhere statistically i dont see evidence its flying around on planes like some kind of germ B52.
It’s not really about Covid being worse one place or another. The process of traveling overnight, out of state and especially by airplane puts most people into many more situations where they are exposed to additional strangers than staying home. In a simplified example, I’m from PA, so if I fly to Orlando and stay at WDW for 7 nights I have public contact at the airport in Philly, on the plane, at the airport in Orlando, on the bus to my hotel, each day at the theme parks and on transport to and from, 3 meals a day at restaurants and any time I spend in common areas of the hotel. That’s a lot of public contact. If you compare that to a local in Orlando visiting WDW for the same 7 days. They have no airport contact, no public transport assuming they drive in, maybe they eat 1 meal a day at the parks, they likely spend less time overall and no time in common spaces of a hotel. Overall, a small fraction of the total public contact. So while PA and FL may have similar amounts of community spread, that’s not the issue with traveling. It’s the amount of time spent in public contact.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
No one was discouraging from learning from real news sources. Just to be discerning and don't believe every title you read. Not all sources are equal. Some try to cause fear. As stated one source was not reliable but more sensational. Some people do it for fame, or hits on their sites.
In 2 weeks when the new variant has been lab tested against the existing vaccines we will have actual knowledge to learn and share. Until then it’s just speculation and as you said a sensationalized, clickbait headline suggesting the vaccines won’t work. If history repeats itself as it did multiple times so far this year we won’t have an issue, if this one turns out to be resistant to the vaccine it will be one of the biggest news stories of the year and a huge problem.

oceanbreeze77

In 2 weeks when the new variant has been lab tested against the existing vaccines we will have actual knowledge to learn and share. Until then it’s just speculation and as you said a sensationalized, clickbait headline suggesting the vaccines won’t work. If history repeats itself as it did multiple times so far this year we won’t have an issue, if this one turns out to be resistant to the vaccine it will be one of the biggest news stories of the year and a huge problem.
Its not just a matter of paying attention to new variants solely for the vaccine. As someone mentioned before, they are worried about catching it because they are immunocompromised and won't get vaccinated for a while. Another example of why its important to pay attention to variants is that here in LA a new variant has been discovered. LA has seen unbelievable exponential growth, and while some evade the guidelines, its still been a mystery why we just exploded the way we did. This discovery of the new variant, may hold the answer.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Its not just a matter of paying attention to new variants solely for the vaccine. As someone mentioned before, they are worried about catching it because they are immunocompromised and won't get vaccinated for a while. Another example of why its important to pay attention to variants is that here in LA a new variant has been discovered. LA has seen unbelievable exponential growth, and while some evade the guidelines, its still been a mystery why we just exploded the way we did. This discovery of the new variant, may hold the answer.
That’s a fair point. I’m almost positive these new variants are all already in the US. It goes a long way towards explaining the explosion in cases in certain areas. We probably should have had a hard quarantine for anyone returning from international sites but it’s too late to change that now.

correcaminos

Though the mRNA vaccine makers said it's easy to adjust to. That's part of why mRNA is such a huge breakthrough.

True but also, other friends in CA say they can easily see why spread is happening. You have a lot of non compliance even in the news here. So is it a new strand? Is it Kirk Cameron type idiots? Is it anti-science people ignoring? Or is it some of all. So while yes, it can be important I think the key is to keep the fear in check too. It's a balance to be made.

Received notice from my trial that they will be calling to schedule or say you're good for the vaccine in the next few weeks. We just had to notify to let them know we want to be unblinded.

DisneyCane

Quick vaccine question for those with the knowledge. The morning that she got her first shot my mom took Tylenol. Since then, she was told not to take OTC pain relievers prior to the vaccine because it can reduce the effectiveness. I searched and found the CDC doesn't recommend taking them before the shot since it hasn't been studied.

Does anybody have an educated opinion about how much concern she should have that she did this before the first shot? Obviously, she will not do it before getting the second shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom