Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Current Florida vaccine report -

Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 2.26.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 2.27.22 PM.png

Heppenheimer

Problem for Floridians is that our allocation of doses is based on our population, not our population and all the people who are from other states or countries who come to florida to get the vaccine that they knew they get because they reserved it online before they left to fly/drive here.
And what are these people planning to do about the second shot, I wonder?

DisneyCane

Yeah, seems like a pretty bad flaw in the system. I know the goal is to go as fast as possible, but maybe at least make sure the people are American citizens before we start giving our vaccine doses away. Why not require some form of ID and/or proof of residence like a utility bill, then if all they can produce is a passport from a foreign country they get rejected?
Agree they should do something to only vaccinate US citizens.

DisneyCane

The CDC seems to be reporting the total doses but labeled as first dose received. There seem to be some pretty significant reporting delays. Wasn't Monday in the 30,000 range on the Tuesday report? Only 4 million 65+ to go. This rate of shots still needs to increase a lot to really make a dent in the pandemic sometime soon.

I really hope that overdue number (25%) is due to reporting delays. It continues to concern me. When my mom got the first shot at Hard Rock Stadium on Tuesday, they told her no appointment needed just come back on 2/2 for the second shot. They gave her a vaccination card that has a reminder on it but she said they really didn't say anything about the importance of getting the second shot.

Heppenheimer

The CDC seems to be reporting the total doses but labeled as first dose received. There seem to be some pretty significant reporting delays. Wasn't Monday in the 30,000 range on the Tuesday report? Only 4 million 65+ to go. This rate of shots still needs to increase a lot to really make a dent in the pandemic sometime soon.

I really hope that overdue number (25%) is due to reporting delays. It continues to concern me. When my mom got the first shot at Hard Rock Stadium on Tuesday, they told her no appointment needed just come back on 2/2 for the second shot. They gave her a vaccination card that has a reminder on it but she said they really didn't say anything about the importance of getting the second shot.
That is... concerning, to say the least.

hopemax

900 sounds pretty good. My county of 1.3 million is getting 500 doses next week to start the next phase of rollout. The city is getting another 600, but those are really small numbers.

On the bright side, my parents are signed up to get one. Hope it's there when they show up.
You've got county info about this? Cool. I haven't been able to find it for mine. I think it may exist but I can't find the right door to enter. I did find that in my county 18,734 people have received 1 dose and 3,799 have received 2. There are 15,000 Health Care Workers in 1A and 17,000 Heath Care / 1st responders in 1B. So little over half, but the 70+ and LTC residents seems like they are counted separately somewhere else (thus the local media trying to figure out how well that was going in my previous post). So it's like trying to figure out things with a half completed puzzle. Yesterday's update was that they expect the 70+ general public to get vaccinated via the Grocery Store pharmacies that will be receiving vaccines so the health department can focus on Health Care / 1st responder distribution, but thee places don't have their registration systems set up. So don't call the Health Department. And don't call the stores.

If I can only have one of: clear communication or vaccines actually going into arms I will pick vaccines, and by that measure things seem like they are progressing. But I think everyone's anxiety levels would be a lot lower with clearer communication of where we are.

JoeCamel

This is why all the States should open to 65+. It is perfectly legal for them to do it because the vaccines are paid for by the Federal Government. I wouldn't be surprised to find a bunch of Cuomo loving New Yorkers getting appointments and flying down for the shots and then going back home to talk about what an incompetent moron Ron Desantis is and how happy they are that their Governor knew what he was doing.
It looks like the end of the week they will be. Several moving to 65+ today
And what are these people planning to do about the second shot, I wonder?
You have to set up the second appointment before you get your first dose so they know when they need to come back
That is... concerning, to say the least.
I think it is just lag, it may not be as effective as the correct window but if they can get close it should work correct?

Heppenheimer

I think it is just lag, it may not be as effective as the correct window but if they can get close it should work correct?
Biologically, I can't think of a mechanism why it wouldn't still have some effect. But for something this important, I would prefer that the clinically proven protocols were closely followed. For similar reasons, this is why chemotherapy is administered by an extremely strict schedule, compared to other medications.

hopemax

Yeah, seems like a pretty bad flaw in the system. I know the goal is to go as fast as possible, but maybe at least make sure the people are American citizens before we start giving our vaccine doses away. Why not require some form of ID and/or proof of residence like a utility bill, then if all they can produce is a passport from a foreign country they get rejected?
It can't be just American citizens, but discussion of why is primarily for another place. Residency is another matter. Some states are set up to allow IDs for full-time residents who are not citizens. We are not protected when the people who are responsible for keeping our food supply and other supply chains running are denied access to vaccines. And that's a lot different than people on vacation, or wealthy flying in from all corners.

Kevin_W

Ohio's governor was asked about the discrepancy of ~1million vaccines received vs ~400k given. He said that 350k of the 1 million had to be set aside per the federal government (I thought we weren't doing that any more?!?), and that it worked out to 72% of the shots they had physically received (not sure hwo that math works out). He wanted to get up to 85%.

JoeCamel

It can't be just American citizens, but discussion of why is primarily for another place. Residency is another matter. Some states are set up to allow IDs for full-time residents who are not citizens. We are not protected when the people who are responsible for keeping our food supply and other supply chains running are denied access to vaccines. And that's a lot different than people on vacation, or wealthy flying in from all corners.
True, I see it around this very agricultural area every day, there are two societies operating here, might be three if you break it into old, farmworkers and everyone else. The groups have some interaction but not much.

Last edited:

Disney Experience

But it could still be for those who have been residing in the country (For more than a few weeks). Not sure if "undocumented" workers have the documentation to prove they have been residing in the country. biggest outbreaks in Florida were in meat packing areas I think.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
A driver‘s license, other state issued ID or proof of residence like a utility bill, or something else that shows you actually live in FL would be a simple check. it’s pretty easy to do.

hopemax

A driver‘s license, other state issued ID or proof of residence like a utility bill, or something else that shows you actually live in FL would be a simple check. it’s pretty easy to do.
Yeah, but it is a thing in other areas that it should be ONLY American citizens, full stop, and I did not want that discussion to come here.

Or maybe that isn't what this post implies.

Agree they should do something to only vaccinate US citizens.

correcaminos

Yeah, but it is a thing in other areas that it should be ONLY American citizens, full stop, and I did not want that discussion to come here.

Or maybe that isn't what this post implies.
So we let people continue to spread the disease because they weren't born here? Asking as someone with family who had to work hard to become citizens and others who really don't need citizenship but work here. Sorry I have little patience for this idea and rhetoric I see spewed often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom