Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarperRose

Tip... take off the day after you receive the second dose, if possible.

I woke up this morning with a rather sore shoulder, but otherwise felt OK. I tried to go skiing, but then the reaction started to hit me after about two hours on the slopes. Felt weak, a little dizzy, chills, and overall, that sensation like you're about to get sick. It isn't too bad, but I would be in trouble if I was working today.

This is easily the worst I've felt after a vaccination.
I hope you're feeling better today, Heppenheimer!

Jrb1979

The most important question... what about Tim Horton's?
You can get it in K-cups at the grocery store.

I just find this so fascinating the difference between the 2 countries. While the focus is on the vaccine here, they are also trying to still limit the spread til the vaccine is rolled out to everyone.

In the US the vaccine is all thats focused on now. It's like restrictions don't matter anymore.

Patcheslee

Indiana opened up to ages 70+ yesterday. Mom is trying to get an appointment for my step-dad but closest is an hour drive north in a week. It got me thinking: Are all states allocating by population size for counties? Won't it just throw things off on distribution because people are having to drive counties away?

JoeCamel

Indiana opened up to ages 70+ yesterday. Mom is trying to get an appointment for my step-dad but closest is an hour drive north in a week. It got me thinking: Are all states allocating by population size for counties? Won't it just throw things off on distribution because people are having to drive counties away?
Florida is allocating by capacity to put shots in arms, my county is way down on the allocation totem pole right now. 9000 doses for the week in a county of 1.4 million. I'm on the waiting list for the counties around me and if I open the registration sign up for my address I am offered Orange county as well. If they threw in a park ticket I might consider that 1.5 hour drive.

oceanbreeze77

Tip... take off the day after you receive the second dose, if possible.

I woke up this morning with a rather sore shoulder, but otherwise felt OK. I tried to go skiing, but then the reaction started to hit me after about two hours on the slopes. Felt weak, a little dizzy, chills, and overall, that sensation like you're about to get sick. It isn't too bad, but I would be in trouble if I was working today.

This is easily the worst I've felt after a vaccination.
did it all come at once, or in phases?

jmp85

Florida is allocating by capacity to put shots in arms, my county is way down on the allocation totem pole right now. 9000 doses for the week in a county of 1.4 million. I'm on the waiting list for the counties around me and if I open the registration sign up for my address I am offered Orange county as well. If they threw in a park ticket I might consider that 1.5 hour drive.

I can tell you that a lot of 65+ year olds are traveling from Alabama to Florida (Panhandle) to get the vaccine. Was told all that mattered was they were a U.S. resident, did not have to be FL resident.

DisneyCane

I can tell you that a lot of 65+ year olds are traveling from Alabama to Florida (Panhandle) to get the vaccine. Was told all that mattered was they were a U.S. resident, did not have to be FL resident.

This is why all the States should open to 65+. It is perfectly legal for them to do it because the vaccines are paid for by the Federal Government. I wouldn't be surprised to find a bunch of Cuomo loving New Yorkers getting appointments and flying down for the shots and then going back home to talk about what an incompetent moron Ron Desantis is and how happy they are that their Governor knew what he was doing.

Kevin_W

900 sounds pretty good. My county of 1.3 million is getting 500 doses next week to start the next phase of rollout. The city is getting another 600, but those are really small numbers.

On the bright side, my parents are signed up to get one. Hope it's there when they show up.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
This is why all the States should open to 65+. It is perfectly legal for them to do it because the vaccines are paid for by the Federal Government. I wouldn't be surprised to find a bunch of Cuomo loving New Yorkers getting appointments and flying down for the shots and then going back home to talk about what an incompetent moron Ron Desantis is and how happy they are that their Governor knew what he was doing.
Forget NYers people are flying in from all over the world to take advantage of the loose requirements in FL.

Disney Experience

It came on gradually in phases... shoulder pain, weakness (relatively, I was trying to ski at the time), dizziness, chills, fever, then faded away. Total time was about 8-10 hours.
When I got the second shot in the Phase 3 Pfizer trial in September I did not know there would be anything but a sore arm. On the next day when I got fever, chills, aches I knew I got the vaccine and not the Placebo (Saline).

I think that now that you went through the totally acceptable side effects you can understand why I have responded to people saying, “ How do you know it was not placebo?” with “ The second dose side effects I experienced cannot be placebo”

Disney Experience

Forget NYers people are flying in from all over the world to take advantage of the loose requirements in FL.

Problem for Floridians is that our allocation of doses is based on our population, not our population and all the people who are from other states or countries who come to Florida to get the vaccine that they knew they would get because they reserved it online before they left to fly/drive here.

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Problem for Floridians is that our allocation of doses is based on our population, not our population and all the people who are from other states or countries who come to florida to get the vaccine that they knew they get because they reserved it online before they left to fly/drive here.
Yeah, seems like a pretty bad flaw in the system. I know the goal is to go as fast as possible, but maybe at least make sure the people are American citizens before we start giving our vaccine doses away. Why not require some form of ID and/or proof of residence like a utility bill, then if all they can produce is a passport from a foreign country they get rejected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom