Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

FeelsSoGoodToBeBad

So if FL's numbers are increasing so rapidly, I wonder if there is any chance WDW pulls back their capacity cap? They've milked the Holiday Season for all they can and the next chance of coming close to current capacity won't be until Spring Break/Easter. PR could go either way imo, but seems like it could be a good move, especially if current bookings/park reservations are closer to 30% anyway.

SamusAranX

So if FL's numbers are increasing so rapidly, I wonder if there is any chance WDW pulls back their capacity cap? They've milked the Holiday Season for all they can and the next chance of coming close to current capacity won't be until Spring Break/Easter. PR could go either way imo, but seems like it could be a good move, especially if current bookings/park reservations are closer to 30% anyway.
Florida not pulling back means WDW is very unlikely to pull back either.

DisneyCane

Why would they? The lines are longer but they are still spread out and distanced. They just need to keep capacity low enough so people don't end up forced to be shoulder to shoulder on walkways.

If the theme parks were significantly adding to spread, the orange county health officials would be screaming about it. Under current protocols, even with the increased capacity, WDW is very low risk (note that I didn't say "no risk").

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It’s more likely they just pause their expansion of capacity. I don’t see them reducing capacity especially on days that certain parks are already filling up. It would be a nightmare to try to communicate to guests why their park reservation has to be cancelled. If the plan was to expand capacity once things like plexiglass on ride vehicles are fully installed it may be that they slow or stop that expansion until cases start to come down. Either way I’m sure nobody at Disney is thrilled to see the case numbers where they are. It’s best for their business if the overall case numbers came way down instead of spiking. Hopefully this wave ends soon.

DisneyCane

Don't worry Goof, the other 20% have probably already developed immunity the natural way ;)
My accountant's wife had COVID and got the vaccine. I have no idea why she got it when she should definitely have immunity for a while longer. She had it in November. I think she should have waited until there was more availability.

_caleb

If the theme parks were significantly adding to spread, the orange county health officials would be screaming about it. Under current protocols, even with the increased capacity, WDW is very low risk (note that I didn't say "no risk").
How would Orange County Health officials know if WDW were significantly adding to the spread when contact tracing is not being done?

How do you know WDW is ”very low risk?”

Gringrinngghost

How would Orange County Health officials know if WDW were significantly adding to the spread when contact tracing is not being done?

How do you know WDW is ”very low risk?”
They do not care tbh. If Orange County cared, FunSpot would have been closed down but only came into compliance after SIX strike team visits.

Patcheslee

I agree. I think they would definitely outsource it. They even outsourced taking your temp (although that’s more for guests than staff) so definitely makes sense for vaccinations.
Outsourcing would also keep CMs who aren't comfortable jabbing people with a needle from being put in an awkward position. Personally the idea of sticking someone is :arghh:. Spent 2 months poking my other half with blood thinner injections after his surgery.

James J

In the Parks
No
My accountant's wife had COVID and got the vaccine. I have no idea why she got it when she should definitely have immunity for a while longer. She had it in November. I think she should have waited until there was more availability.

As per the WHO:

"There is currently no evidence that people who have recovered from COVID-19 and have antibodies are protected from a second infection. The development of immunity to a pathogen through natural infection is a multi-step process."

There have also been reports of people getting re-infected within 3 months of initially having COVID-19, even if the sample size is fairly small at this moment in time.

rangerbob

There is no immunity, possibly less prone to getting it. There are people in China that has gotten it multiple times.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Who was claiming it’s getting better ? C’mon America, pull yourselves together.

824509B4-5990-42D7-B16F-01A20D838E66.jpeg

Kevin_W

Who was claiming it’s getting better ? C’mon America, pull yourselves together.

I don't think anyone? A couple weeks ago it looked like hospitalizations might be plateauing, but alas they continue to climb. The midwest has actually decreased int he past month, but that has been single-handedly offset by California's increase. There is a lot of fear that is due to the "new strain" and will spread our way and make things worse (again) before they get better.

People should be starting to get immunity in the coming few weeks from vaccines. Even though initall rollout in December is small it is targeted a the right people so hopefully that makes a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom