Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If we left everything in life and modern society up to 'personal responsibility'... we wouldn't have speed limits or traffic laws, airbags or seatbelts, OSHA, fire codes and capacity limits, labor laws, restaurant and food safety sanitation standards... where should I stop?

If we leave those sorts of things up to 'personal responsibility', history shows us time and time again the bodies start piling up. If we leave a global pandemic up to 'personal responsibility', you get curves like the ones posted above... and the bodies start piling up. I'm not sure why this is so hard to understand.

Everyone knows this

(Except about 47.5% of the United States on a good day)

trainplane3

Pennsylvania has been at war with itself...moreso every year.

There has been (reportedly) a ton of non-compliance in the western part (where I grew up) even as they had done ok but started to go badly in the eastern part (near me now) in recent weeks...

People have been more indoors now, the election season was divisive...

But the mentality used to be that no one ever went to the doctor unless sick. If that still holds true - thatā€™s a recipe for a ridiculous positivity rate and a disaster winter in the commonwealth

...and now iā€™m so far off the grid, Iā€™ve lapped myself šŸ¤Ŗ
I know our friend rona is surging about 10 minutes down the highway from me. At least that's what the local news made it sound like.
Itā€™s snowing in DA BURGH right now...

Which makes me sad because state college is empty and there used to be some epic 5,000 man all night snowball fights there
Shut up. Don't remind me. I already mentioned it to our newly moved in neighbors what the temperature in their old neighborhood in florida is. And also mentioned the fun fact that it does, in fact, not snow in central Florida and how they could've been golfing this morning.

I got some fun replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I know our friend rona is surging about 10 minutes down the highway from me. At least that's what the local news made it sound like.

Shut up. Don't remind me. I already mentioned it to our newly moved in neighbors what the temperature in their old neighborhood in florida is. And also mentioned the fun fact that it does, in fact, not snow in central Florida and how they could've been golfing this morning.

I got some fun replies.

Was that story the 5th bullet...after the 4 describing yinzer outrage with the Ravens??

Snow is a gift from nature...enjoy it
(Which would be easier if your roads didnā€™t suck so badšŸ˜Ž)

trainplane3

Was that story the 5th bullet...after the 4 describing yinzer outrage with the Ravens??

Snow is a gift from nature...enjoy it
(Which would be easier if your roads didnā€™t suck so badšŸ˜Ž)
The amount of people I've seen and a few I know that are so concerned about some stupid game is scary. I mean, it's what you get with the area but...this year should be a one off (ok maybe part of next year). Can't we just deal with a week delay for a game?

Then again, wooo 10-0! I also have no idea how football works still. I'll stick with hockey.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The amount of people I've seen and a few I know that are so concerned about some stupid game is scary. I mean, it's what you get with the area but...this year should be a one off (ok maybe part of next year). Can't we just deal with a week delay for a game?

Then again, wooo 10-0! I also have no idea how football works still. I'll stick with hockey.

You must not be from around there If Stiller obsession surprises you šŸ˜‚

...unfortunately the hockey team is on the downslide. What theyā€™re doing isnā€™t gonna work.

No back to scheduled programming šŸ˜‰

Lilofan

Kudos to the cast member at DAK for addressing the situation. A hip hop star Spectacular Blue Smith who was standing in line with other guests, he sneezed and said " Corona virus " . The CM confronted him and asked him to leave the line. Spectacular Blue Smith then punched the CM. The guest was arrested and the CM was checked out and is OK.

Last edited:

matt9112

Honestly, probably so he doesn't lose face. No politician can ever admit to being wrong if they want to run for office again. The other piece of this is that Florida desperately needs tourism right now, tax dollar wise, so I'd imagine they are trying to still frame it as Florida is open for business, come one come all.

Yeah because i would rather not have a job.....said anyone.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The colonies should never have been allowed independence. They were not ready yet for such responsibility.

In one of these super long threads...I ventured that the lack of the Great Depression/world war 2 generation has been really evident this year.

The boomers just havenā€™t provided the same backbone to support the society. It is what it is.

ParentsOf4

In one of these super long threads...I ventured that the lack of the Great Depression/world war 2 generation has been really evident this year.

The boomers just havenā€™t provided the same backbone to support the society. It is what it is.
The Greatest Generation agreed on what was right, even if they didn't do it.

The Baby Boomer generation doesn't even agree on what is right.

seascape

The Greatest Generation agreed on what was right, even if they didn't do it.

The Baby Boomer generation doesn't even agree on what is right.
It is not just the Baby Boomers. Baby Boomers, Generation X and Millenials combined have all had a roll to play in the mess we have today. But is was the Baby Boomers who taught their children and grandchildren what is right and wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom