Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And the question I posed to @Sirwalterraleigh , to which you replied with "wearing masks," was to share his brilliant plan of how the spread would be stopped without a vaccine because he was lamenting that we got to a "vaccine or bust" scenario to stop the virus.

‘‘Twas not...

I don’t make any such claims. Vaccines not fool proof and those that immediate said “it’s the only way” we’re frankly unqualified clowns with ulterior motives.

Everyone should have long gotten “in line” and done all the easy precautions...the precious “opening” would be in better shape...then viable vaccines would make everything better.

“Shut up and do it”...basically. Quite simple.

Chi84

Premium Member
Maybe. I know here what's driving the cases is family gatherings due to lack of mask wearing. IMO they need to not just focus on mask wearing and drilling into people's heads if you don't feel good at all stay home. Doesn't matter if it's a headache or sniffles.

One thing to add is its so frustrating to see so many angry at anything mandated by the government.
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, the virus is primarily transmitted through prolonged contact (around 15 minutes, all at once or in increments over 24 hours) with an infected person, indoor being worse than outdoor. If people are not social distancing or wearing masks at family gatherings, or if they’re meeting friends and family in restaurants where masks need to be removed to eat and drink, they are at higher risk of spreading the virus even if they otherwise wear masks in public.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You and I will never agree on this.

Forget about public health, if we could have done a better job keeping cases down that would have been better for the economy overall. The virus wasn’t going to be completely gone and it’s not a one and done thing either. This myth that we could have a lockdown and then the virus would be gone is just that, a myth. The vast majority of the economy can and has been open with Covid restrictions in place (masks, distancing and limits on group size). A small subset of the economy can’t function. So by letting bars be open to “stay in business” and allowing the virus to spread uncontrolled that resulted in a negative impact to the rest of the economy. Less people ate in restaurants (even outdoor) less people shopped places and certainly less people went to tourist spots like WDW. So yes, Joe’s pub was open and making some money but the overall economy suffered. WDW is exhibit A and if you don’t believe me go back and look at the earnings transcripts and see TWDC chief executives tell you their results at WDW were disappointing due to the surge in cases in FL.

You should never agree...because “freedom crushing” was never applicable. It’s stupidity that refers to things NEVER written or intended. Nobody ever said you should be able to freely buy and act like a buffoon if you feel like it when there is a public threat.

Jrb1979

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, the virus is primarily transmitted through prolonged contact (around 15 minutes, all at once or in increments over 24 hours) with an infected person, indoor being worse than outdoor. If people are not social distancing or wearing masks at family gatherings, or if they’re meeting friends and family in restaurants where masks need to be removed to eat and drink, they are at higher risk of spreading the virus even if they otherwise wear masks in public.
Agreed. Which is why I keep saying they need to push more the staying home when sick just as much as the mask wearing. Here we had 40 cases come from a wedding. I wouldn't be surprised if it came from a few that instead of staying home with the sniffles.

Again why is it so hard to stay home if you aren't feeling good?

Miss Bella

Yes, masks helped allow a place like WDW to be open safely but yet there’s some that will still rail on about them. That’s politically driven mostly and should “clear up” some in about 10 days.
Politics is people’s religion. Regardless of the election outcome nothing is going to change that. We will continue to be the divided states of America. Politicians love that.

Jrb1979

Politics is people’s religion. Regardless of the election outcome nothing is going to change that. We will continue to be the divided states of America. Politicians love that.
And IMO its been the downfall of what should have been done. Instead we get blah, blah, blah Zombie apocalypse and blah, blah blah Freedom. IMO had people from the beginning just wore a mask, social distanced and stayed home when sick things would have been much better.

Chi84

Premium Member
Agreed. Which is why I keep saying they need to push more the staying home when sick just as much as the mask wearing. Here we had 40 cases come from a wedding. I wouldn't be surprised if it came from a few that instead of staying home with the sniffles.

Again why is it so hard to stay home if you aren't feeling good?
I don’t doubt people go out while sick, although I think they’re probably being much more careful these days. The nature of this virus, though, is that people can be highly contagious before they feel sick.

ParentsOf4

An interesting visualization from today's (October 25) New York Times, showing the hotspots for the last week.

COVID.jpg

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/coronavirus-us-cases.html

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
...there is a lot of money in opposing “sides”...for sure.

That’s what this is all about. And it’s really a shame because that’s not called for with this one incident.

Jrb1979

...there is a lot of money in opposing “sides”...for sure.

That’s what this is all about. And it’s really a shame because that’s not called for with this one incident.
Forget it you're wasting your time talking to some one who believes we are in a zombie apocalypse 🙄

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Yes and no. I don’t believe that anything Covid related is part of the core values of a party. Historically speaking when a party suffers a bad defeat there is some level of rebooting or resetting. I don’t want to take this any further here, but there’s at least some hope (from both sides) that there will be a little less unnecessary division going forward.

Miss Bella

Yes and no. I don’t believe that anything Covid related is part of the core values of a party. Historically speaking when a party suffers a bad defeat there is some level of rebooting or resetting. I don’t want to take this any further here, but there’s at least some hope (from both sides) that there will be a little less unnecessary division going forward.
I agree with you and I don’t believe Covid is really that divisive. There are a lot of things going on besides that.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You seriously lack a sense of humor.......oh wait I forgot about your laughing emoji.
Did I quote that one? I don’t think I meant too...

But universal precautions really isn’t a tough sell either...to be fair. I’m not suggesting the Olive Garden be put into lockdown (might as well...it sucks...but that isn’t a result of covid)

oceanbreeze77

I hope someone will tell me it’s all okay and is actually getting better over there.

I’m not sure this link will work. Try it.

Europe's streets empty... again https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-54681420
I felt this the first time I saw images like this in feb/march, and I feel it again, I know its weird, but theres some comfort in the fact that the whole world is suffering at the same time. It feels less lonely. ☹️

Miss Bella

No...

...but it’s not a very hard sell that the rudder needs to be balanced out a little.

I’m not talking about covid...there is a lot of other stuff not going too well.
I lived through a lot of different administrations and I’ve never seen a balanced rudder, but I give you credit for being optimistic.

Jrb1979

I agree with you and I don’t believe Covid is really that divisive. There are a lot of things going on besides that.
Yes there is. I will say at the same time it doesn't help when so many call it the Zombie apocalypse,. I'm not trying to be rude but the issue is and always been that too many try to downplay Covid. Its why I use the laugh emoji. I honestly think it's funny how so many downplay Covid and make stupid comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom