Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeCamel

Story on local news is that CVS (drugstore/point of care chain) is looking to hire 15,000 people to help deal with the expected Covid/Flu surge this winter.

GimpYancIent

Here is the reporting from OCR -

"Disneyland, Disney California Adventure, Universal Studios, Knott’s Berry Farm, Six Flags Magic Mountain, SeaWorld San Diego, Legoland California and other California theme parks closed in mid-March amid the COVID-19 pandemic and remain shuttered while they await guidelines for safely reopening from the state.

Newsom said last week that he anticipated his administration will issue separate reopening guidelines for smaller and larger theme parks in the state.

“I am very mindful, for example — if you have a park, in a city, with a Ferris wheel — that that’s not a ‘theme park’ in the sense so many of us consider,” Newsom said last week. “So one has to distinguish between the two.”

Disney, Universal and other large theme parks in California are not expected to be included in the guidelines for smaller amusement parks."

I got to give it to "The GOV" he is a world class staller. A recent President stated "Elections Have Consequences" and Cali is a gleaming example of multiple election decisions and the impact on those that did the electing. Interesting how something like amusement parks have become political issues.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Story on local news is that CVS (drugstore/point of care chain) is looking to hire 15,000 people to help deal with the expected Covid/Flu surge this winter.
I saw something similar too. They are hiring technicians to do Covid testing as well as administer flu shots. That doesn’t even factor in any involvement they might have with a Covid vaccine next year.

rowrbazzle

I got to give it to "The GOV" he is a world class staller. A recent President stated "Elections Have Consequences" and Cali is a gleaming example of multiple election decisions and the impact on those that did the electing. Interesting how something like amusement parks have become political issues.
It's insane that they still haven't even delivered the guidelines.

As a wise man once (kind of) said. "We in here talking about guidelines. I mean, listen, we're talking about guidelines, not opening, not opening, not opening, we talking about guidelines... Not opening, but we're talking about guidelines, man. I mean, how silly is that?"

Vegas Disney Fan

It could be a whole lot worse, agreed. It also could have been a lot better. I mean with close to a thousand deaths a day, it seems everyone has just got used to it. I’ll say it again.. close to a thousand a day. We have become immune to the figures. It’s a shame there is still talk about it not being bad.. or worse..”not a pandemic “.
Until they develop a vaccine I think a lot of people have no other choice but to accept it‘s the new reality we live in.

We wear masks, we sanitize, we clean more, and we try to socially distance but many of us have had no choice but to go back to work, and since we are back to interacting with dozens (to hundreds) of people a day at work we have no other choice but to accept it‘s our new reality.

I think another factor is it‘s (thankfully) not the millions of deaths we all feared 7 months ago, the original estimates were so horrific that In comparison it makes 200,000 seem “not too bad”. And the last factor is 7977 people died every day in the US in 2019, this year were on track for 8707 a day... 9% more, it may seem cold but statistically most of us won’t notice a difference in the number of people we know who die this year and the number of people we knew who died last year. Until you experience it personally it’s just numbers.

Miss Bella

They have nowhere near the needed attraction capacity to offer something like this. Think about how this would impact 3 out of the 4 parks with what is available, today?.. Not to mention, if you had 6 fastpasses, why would you need more than a couple of hours in Epcot or Hollywood Studios?.. Animal Kingdom could be stretched further due to the meandering and looking at animals but even that would become something less than a half-day park to most.

If they did something like this, how does Disney convince you to stay in those overpriced rooms for a week?
Is there something wrong with only a half day in the parks? I’ve always stayed on site and wouldn’t do it any other way.

esskay

I agree with this. If I'm doing a disney vacay, I'm doing a disney vacay.
Ditto, I don't think I've ever actually done a full day in a park. Not sure I'd ever want to, it gets pretty unpleasent mid afternoon.

Get in early, do a few rides, stop for a drink/snack, get 1 or 2 more in then get out before mid-day. Spend the afternoon at the pool, shopping or snoozing and the head back in early evening.

Makes the whole experience so much more pleasent.

Polkadotdress

210 deaths on the report today. I know those deaths aren't all from today, but who's the person that used to also post the graph that showed where the deaths fall? By now, we surely have some days in the past that are well over 100+ deaths historically?

raymusiccity

I saw something similar too. They are hiring technicians to do Covid testing as well as administer flu shots. That doesn’t even factor in any involvement they might have with a Covid vaccine next year.
We can do you one better. Our Democrat Mayor Cooper is deputizing city employees to issue citations to anyone not wearing a mask! I'm sure these 'Barney Fife' deputies will set all sorts of records issuing tickets or making citizen arrests. The Covid Gestapo is only one election away. 🤫

GoofGoof

Premium Member
We can do you one better. Our Democrat Mayor Cooper is deputizing city employees to issue citations to anyone not wearing a mask! I'm sure these 'Barney Fife' deputies will set all sorts of records issuing tickets or making citizen arrests. The Covid Gestapo is only one election away. 🤫

???? I think you replied to the wrong post. Mine was in response to CVS hiring extra workers to help with flu shots and Covid testing now and potentially help administer the Covid vaccine next year when it’s rolled out.

DisneyDebRob

Until they develop a vaccine I think a lot of people have no other choice but to accept it‘s the new reality we live in.

We wear masks, we sanitize, we clean more, and we try to socially distance but many of us have had no choice but to go back to work, and since we are back to interacting with dozens (to hundreds) of people a day at work we have no other choice but to accept it‘s our new reality.

I think another factor is it‘s (thankfully) not the millions of deaths we all feared 7 months ago, the original estimates were so horrific that In comparison it makes 200,000 seem “not too bad”. And the last factor is 7977 people died every day in the US in 2019, this year were on track for 8707 a day... 9% more, it may seem cold but statistically most of us won’t notice a difference in the number of people we know who die this year and the number of people we knew who died last year. Until you experience it personally it’s just numbers.
I think we all are living in this new reality. Wear masks, social distance and wash hands.. we are all, well mostly all are trying. I don’t disagree with that. I was talking about how some people are forgetting the daily numbers. It’s horrifying. It doesn’t stop and by most predictions will get worse.
As for your second part of the response that you wrote, you can look at it the exact opposite of what you said. Right hear, on this thread, 7 months ago we had people saying it’s only killed a thousand people, why is everyone so scared? You are welcome to go back and read some of the responses and those people are still here spouting different angles of this whole mess.
Bottom line is we weren’t prepared even though we knew what was coming. Slow to respond made it get out of hand and now the blame is being put on the people that actually want to help slow the spread and deaths by saying they are scared and fearful. Still, today our leaders are saying it’s going away.. no worries. Calling our biggest leading scientist a disaster. It’s sickening.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Has it been long enough to conclude that statewide (forced in some cases) Phase 3 has not caused a dramatic increase in community spread? I think it was 9/25 that it went into effect.

The seven day moving average has been trending slowly up but doesn't look like significant spike yet. If the spike doesn't happen, then we need to ask why. Seen increases in cases in other places after re-openings, so what is different about Florida that is keeping that from happening.
1603153042549.png

SamusAranX

The seven day moving average has been trending slowly up but doesn't look like significant spike yet. If the spike doesn't happen, then we need to ask why. Seen increases in cases in other places after re-openings, so what is different about Florida that is keeping that from happening.
View attachment 507061

If it doesn’t spike significantly (and that’s a big if IMO), it may be that the virus infected ALOT more people asymptomatically and the virus has hit a bit of a wall. It will also mean Floridians are actually practicing mask wearing despite meaningful consequences for failing to do so (I.e. a citation and fine)

again, a big if.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom