Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
As has been the rumor for awhile, FP+ isn't coming back like it was. From what's been said it will most likely be a paid system. I can see the reservation system staying but with no capacity limits it will be easy to book a park. For that matter if you wanted to hop to another park you book it that day while in the park.
Rumors are just that...rumors. FP+ may not come back (unlikely given the money invested), it may come back different than before or it may come back exactly the same. I don’t think anyone knows for sure, even senior management at Disney. It’s been rumored since FP + was rolled out that it would become a paid service but that hasn’t happened so far. I’m not saying it won’t happen just that it’s not a given either right now.

Miss Bella

Rumors are just that...rumors. FP+ may not come back (unlikely given the money invested), it may come back different than before or it may come back exactly the same. I don’t think anyone knows for sure, even senior management at Disney. It’s been rumored since FP + was rolled out that it would become a paid service but that hasn’t happened so far. I’m not saying it won’t happen just that it’s not a given either right now.
I know this won’t be a popular opinion, but I’d like to see fast passes offered to just Disney Resort guests. Something similar to what Universal does.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I know this won’t be a popular opinion, but I’d like to see fast passes offered to just Disney Resort guests. Something similar to what Universal does.
I always thought they would go that way. Offering 30 extra days to book didn’t seem like a great incentive to stay on site but making it exclusive would. I guess they were trying to keep everyone happy. I’d actually think the best way to do it would be to offer resort guests 60 days advance, but make less availability up front then offer additional reservations that open up the day of visit to everyone similar to max pass at DLR. Then you solve the issue with AP holders and also allow everyone a shot at waiting until the day of to decide what park to visit without missing out on FP reservations. At the same time it gives resort guests a huge advantage possibly worth paying more for.

lazyboy97o

There are bound to be a few isolated instances where deaths are misclassified when you're dealing with this much data and wanting to update numbers as quickly as possible. State agencies have corrected small errors. No one was really trying to hide it: https://apnews.com/article/03408313b495c486be3a2e781338259b

The other very real possibility is your cousin or your cousin's employee is lying. Unverifiable anecdotes like this is often presented as evidence to support health misinformation (i.e. "I know a guy whose child DEFINITELY got autism from vaccines!")

Trust is earned, and the fact you call this an "alleged" pandemic doesn't make you the slightest bit trustworthy.
Especially since the “missing” documentation is the way one would know a death is misattributed, the death certificate. Funny how these stories rely on both having and not having the same damning evidence.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
There are bound to be a few isolated instances where deaths are misclassified when you're dealing with this much data and wanting to update numbers as quickly as possible. State agencies have corrected small errors. No one was really trying to hide it: https://apnews.com/article/03408313b495c486be3a2e781338259b

The other very real possibility is your cousin or your cousin's employee is lying. Unverifiable anecdotes like this is often presented as evidence to support health misinformation (i.e. "I know a guy whose child DEFINITELY got autism from vaccines!")

Trust is earned, and the fact you call this an "alleged" pandemic doesn't make you the slightest bit trustworthy.

We also keep talking about non-covid deaths being counted a covid deaths, but there also could be reasons that some legitimate covid deaths aren't getting counted as covid deaths, thus balancing out the numbers.

lazyboy97o

We also keep talking about non-covid deaths being counted a covid deaths, but there also could be reasons that some legitimate covid deaths aren't getting counted as covid deaths, thus balancing out the numbers.
The allegation of a suicide being attributed to a respiratory disease isn’t just a difference of interpretation, it is outright fraud and malpractice. The this the garbage message employed by denier, not just regarding the pandemic but we also see it with things like vaccines. They couch in seemingly acceptable terms but they use it to justify an extreme case, the whole point being to discredit well studied, well established norms of medicine.

MaryJaneP

My cousin runs a large trucking company. One of his employees recently had a child who committed suicide. It was a teenager who hung herself. She was a healthy teenager but suffered with depression, which is becoming more common with teenagers Her death was labelled covid. The father was livid. He demanded an answer and also wanted to see documentation. They have yet to produce anything.

Not saying this is an everyday occurrence or that covid is a hoax. It's ridiculous that people have to add that disclaimer when questioning any aspect of this (alleged) pandemic.
(alleged)? Really? You are free to believe whatever you want but "alleged" is defined as "without proof". If you believe this worldwide viral illness is without proof, please go ahead and believe that. Does that make the (alleged) bubonic plague, the 1918 (alleged) Spanish flu, the (alleged) ebola, and other widespread viral infections also without proof? There seems to be proof of the current virus that has, to most observers, infected over 8 million people and spread to (at last count) 6 of the 7 continents on this planet. If you wish to ignore this proof, you are free to do so, however ill-advised that may be, but to call this an alleged pandemic requires everyone to likewise ignore this proof and believe as you do that this is all made-up without proof otherwise. However, no disclaimer is need to, nor can it ever, soften your beliefs. Too many have died from this "alleged" virus to make it meaningful for you to tack a hollow disclaimer on your dismissal of their deaths and the pain of those who have lost loved ones.

Last edited:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
(alleged)? Really? You are free to believe whatever you want but "alleged" is defined as "without proof". If you believe this worldwide viral illness is without proof, please go ahead and believe that. Does that make the (alleged) bubonic plague, the 1918 (alleged) Spanish flu, the (alleged) ebola, and other widespread viral infections also without proof? There seems to be proof of the current virus that has, to most observers, infected over 8 million people and spread to (at last count) 6 of the 7 continents on this planet.
I didn't say covid was alleged. I said the pandemic was alleged. The common cold can infect up towards 1 billion people per year. And what does the media primarily focus on? Positives cases, not deaths.

Remember the videos of asian people dropping dead in the streets when the virus started in China? The videos that had people panicking? The videos that had everybody thinking they would be next to drop dead while walking to the subway? Why haven't we seen that anywhere else? Why have no other countries had videos of a man or woman walking the street and collapsing from covid? Because that's not real. But it was shown over and over and over again in the beginning and people got scared. Now they CONSTANTLY talk about positive cases, not deaths and especially not survival rates. Why? Because it doesn't seem as scary to talk about survival.

People won't continually tune in for survival rates. They will however, continue to tune in for updates on how many people have died. They will continually tune in for updates on how they can prevent themselves from dying. I see masks littering the streets every day. The same people who will claim they wear the mask to prevent spreading the disease are the same people discarding their mask in the grocery store parking lot. They are selfish and only care about themselves. A majority of people wearing masks actually think the mask will prevent them from catching covid. They don't wear it because they are trying to protect others.

But yes, I know, comparing covid to the common cold is not allowed.

We are not in a pandemic. Comparisons to other infections and death rates prove it.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Legitimate is the key. A mistake is a mistake and like we talked about extensively there’s some grey areas particularly with co-morbidities but there’s a big difference between legitimate errors in counting or judgement calls and a widespread conspiracy to inflate the death count. This discussion all started with an allegation that it’s widespread that hospitals are falsifying death records to get extra Covid payments from the government. I’m sure there’s some errors going both ways, there‘s also a possibility some doctor somewhere was overstating Covid deaths whether for personal financial gain or political beliefs. What I don’t find credible is the conspiracy theory that the over-reporting is widespread and therefore the numbers are exaggerated and our response an overreaction. As I said a while back in an extreme example if 10% of Covid deaths were incorrectly reported (overstated) there are still over 200K Americans dead...it doesn’t really move the needle. I don’t buy into this ”gotcha“ mentality where if you find one discrepancy (like the motor cycle accident story quoted frequently)that’s proof that the numbers are materially wrong.

ImperfectPixie

I didn't say covid was alleged. I said the pandemic was alleged. The common cold can infect up towards 1 billion people per year. And what does the media primarily focus on? Positives cases, not deaths.

Remember the videos of asian people dropping dead in the streets when the virus started in China? The videos that had people panicking? The videos that had everybody thinking they would be next to drop dead while walking to the subway? Why haven't we seen that anywhere else? Why have no other countries had videos of a man or woman walking the street and collapsing from covid? Because that's not real. But it was shown over and over and over again in the beginning and people got scared. Now they CONSTANTLY talk about positive cases, not deaths and especially not survival rates. Why? Because it doesn't seem as scary to talk about survival.

People won't continually tune in for survival rates. They will however, continue to tune in for updates on how many people have died. They will continually tune in for updates on how they can prevent themselves from dying. I see masks littering the streets every day. The same people who will claim they wear the mask to prevent spreading the disease are the same people discarding their mask in the grocery store parking lot. They are selfish and only care about themselves. A majority of people wearing masks actually think the mask will prevent them from catching covid. They don't wear it because they are trying to protect others.

But yes, I know, comparing covid to the common cold is not allowed.

We are not in a pandemic. Comparisons to other infections and death rates prove it.
No, they don't. Go look up the average number of flu deaths in a year on the CDC website...~40,000 for an entire year. We've lost 220,000 to COVID in less than 8 months.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
A hard reservation system has advantages not immediately considered...such as “tiered pricing per day”

They could later allow park hopping based on day of or a reserve.

They want to be master of puppets...everything known in advance. Allows even more cost control/upcharging...and moves towards the block pricing I’ve always warned of

Vegas Disney Fan

It’s unfortunate they eliminated the physical FP Kiosks because FP/Maxpass at Disneyland is not only an easier system to use than FP+ but gives Disney an easy to sell upcharge for the convenience of Maxpass.

Vegas Disney Fan

As long as they still offered same day FPs to AP holders and ticketed guests I think it could work (or perhaps week of FP), if I were an AP holder and was completely left out of the FP system I’d be much less likely to buy another AP.

lazyboy97o

At this point you are either willfully ignorant or just lying. I’m sorry you’re so scared and don’t want to face the reality of the situation.

MaryJaneP

I didn't say covid was alleged. I said the pandemic was alleged.

We are in a pandemic and it is not "alleged". One frequently used definition of a pandemic is a disease or illness that is prevalent in a country or the world. One definition of prevalent talks about it being widespread. One definition of widespread is found or disstributed over a large area or number of people. Which of these definitions do not apply to the covid virus? Which is there not enough proof to remove the "alleged" pejorative in your prior post? But go ahead and believe otherwise.

techgeek

The definition of a pandemic is simply a disease that affects a large (or worldwide) geographic area simultaneously. It does not qualify a specific mortality. COVID-19 is absolutely the exact technical definition of a pandemic.

This was written years ago regarding H1N1, but a strikingly large part of it is relevant today:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It’s unfortunate they eliminated the physical FP Kiosks because FP/Maxpass at Disneyland is not only an easier system to use than FP+ but gives Disney an easy to sell upcharge for the convenience of Maxpass.
I liked maxpass at DLR and since we were only there for a few days and I don’t know when we will be back I wanted to get to do as much as possible. I’m not sure if I was a more regular visitor to DLR that I would buy it. That may be because it was a lighter crowd time when I visited too. They don’t need the FP kiosks to go to a maxpass system, they could make it pay or use standby lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom