Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
There are people admitted that have multiple co-morbidities along with having Covid. I think that could be where it gets murky.
I don’t disagree, but if someone is Covid positive and also has co-morbidities they still have Covid so the positive cases aren’t inflated. I agree it’s a grey area on deaths but that’s the case with most contagious diseases. The majority of people dying from the flu each year also have co-morbidities.

TrainsOfDisney

I don’t disagree, but if someone is Covid positive and also has co-morbidities they still have Covid so the positive cases aren’t inflated. I agree it’s a grey area on deaths but that’s the case with most contagious diseases. The majority of people dying from the flu each year also have co-morbidities.
my understanding is that most cancer deaths are diseases that the body can’t fight off because of the cancer.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It could just as easily go the other way, though. We now have enough experience to know that most people who catch COVID-19 can safely convalesce at home with only supportive treatment, and one of the best predictors if the patient will get into trouble with the disease are the vital signs when they first present. Knowing all the resources that a COVID patient will consume plus the fact that elective procedures have to stop once a hospital's COVID burden is too high, there's actually a pretty significant incentive not to admit.

But that's an individualized decision that needs to be made between the ER attending, hospitalist and bed manager.
For sure. In the beginning we knew so little I think the plan was to be overly cautious. In March/April around me most primary care doctors wouldn’t even see patients live in the office who potentially had Covid. Lots of people were told to go straight to the ER. Today we do know more and there’s probably less people being admitted.

oceanbreeze77

In the beginning there MAY have been mistakes, but rightfully so. In the Spring everyone was trapped underwater by frozen ice without an idea of what to do. Now we are at least treading with our heads over the water, its getting exhausting, but were at least breathing.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
My father had stage 4 lung cancer, got the flu, became septic and passed away. I would not say he died from the flu.
That’s where the grey area comes in. That’s why they list co-morbidities on a death certificate vs just 1 cause of death. I can see where you are coming from, but I don’t think this is a new development with Covid. Like I said, many of the deaths from flu have similar co-morbidities to the ones from Covid.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Disney’s accountants??

It’s better for them on all levels
As long as there are capacity limits they have to have a reservation system and I can’t see capacity limits going away any time soon.

Pre-Covid and/or post Covid with FP+ reservations they had/have a good idea where most people were going to go each day. Not all, but a large number of people. That helps with staffing and other operations decisions. Since they allow 60 day for resort guest and 30 day for AP FP+ reservations they know in advance how to staff the parks. I don’t think the reservation system is as beneficial if they bring FP+ back. They also up-charge for park hopping so there’s economic incentive to bring that back. Without capacity limits the reservation system would only limit guests in parks on a handful of days so I really don’t see a need for it post-Covid unless you plan to not bring back park hopping and FP+.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Cast member who heard ‘buzz’... so not an official word or anything.

according to him Disney likes the system and has wanted to implement it for a while.
I could maybe see linking it to FP+ and dining reservations and saying you can only book a FP reservation or ADR in a park you have reserved to visit. If you cancel a park reservation for that day they would automatically cancel your ADR and FP reservations. All that really does is require a park ticket purchase prior to booking ADRs and FP reservations. Not much different than today.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
That’s where the grey area comes in. That’s why they list co-morbidities on a death certificate vs just 1 cause of death. I can see where you are coming from, but I don’t think this is a new development with Covid. Like I said, many of the deaths from flu have similar co-morbidities to the ones from Covid.
My cousin runs a large trucking company. One of his employees recently had a child who committed suicide. It was a teenager who hung herself. She was a healthy teenager but suffered with depression, which is becoming more common with teenagers Her death was labelled covid. The father was livid. He demanded an answer and also wanted to see documentation. They have yet to produce anything.

Not saying this is an everyday occurrence or that covid is a hoax. It's ridiculous that people have to add that disclaimer when questioning any aspect of this (alleged) pandemic.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
This is a very new, yet important factor. (layoffs)
For sure. My point was that with FP+ you already know which park most people plan to visit each day. Forcing a reservation only captures the people not using FP+ but anyone could cancel on a whim and rebook a different park on almost any day once capacity limits are gone...unless they plan to limit park capacity going forward not for virus safety but for general guest satisfaction and essentially force people into the less popular parks.

Jwink

I could maybe see linking it to FP+ and dining reservations and saying you can only book a FP reservation or ADR in a park you have reserved to visit. If you cancel a park reservation for that day they would automatically cancel your ADR and FP reservations. All that really does is require a park ticket purchase prior to booking ADRs and FP reservations. Not much different than today.
So if you’re a cast member you could still just walk in?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
My cousin runs a large trucking company. One of his employees recently had a child who committed suicide. It was a teenager who hung herself. She was a healthy teenager but suffered with depression, which is becoming more common with teenagers Her death was labelled covid. The father was livid. He demanded an answer and also wanted to see documentation. They have yet to produce anything.

Not saying this is an everyday occurrence or that covid is a hoax. It's ridiculous that people have to add that disclaimer when questioning any aspect of this (alleged) pandemic.
You are free to believe this pandemic is alleged. You don’t need a disclaimer.

Jrb1979

As has been the rumor for awhile, FP+ isn't coming back like it was. From what's been said it will most likely be a paid system. I can see the reservation system staying but with no capacity limits it will be easy to book a park. For that matter if you wanted to hop to another park you book it that day while in the park.

lazyboy97o

Cast member who heard ‘buzz’... so not an official word or anything.

according to him Disney likes the system and has wanted to implement it for a while.
Disney for some time has wanted to have very dynamic pricing that changes day-to-day sort of the way the price of an airline ticket can change radically. Reservations may stay to give Disney more data but at some point they would likely be plentiful enough to be just another obnoxious hurdle of preplanning that most accept and many praise even though it exists to give you as barely acceptable of an experience as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom