Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

oceanbreeze77

I predicted this when WDW reopened. The "ehhhh its fine" attitude from cast members. I'm not saying its their fault, I'm sure there are a handful who truly dont care, but I'm sure there are also some that have faced difficult guests before, or they dont feel comfortable or protected enough facing the problem, but regardless that attitude is still a problem.

DisneyDebRob

So I just got back from a week trip down at OBX. Imo wife has a low immune system due to a medication she’s on so I have been doing most of the running the last 6 months and we needed to get away. Beautiful weather.. went out to a few restaurants to test the water and felt safe about most of the precautions they had in place. Mandatory masks in all stores and restaurants and only saw it violated a few times. Here’s the problem though. If anyone has been down to the banks.. I have been their numerous times, even got married at Bodie.. all places have bars, and they are always crowded. Every restaurant we went in, the bar was packed.. people sitting basically on top of each other, and of course no masks. Believe me, I get the side of these places will go out of business and you can’t keep them closed but wow. It seems like all the good that’s being done..separated seating of 6 feet or more at restaurants.. mandatory masks.. all goes down the tube when the bars can operate like that. We asked for a table far away from the bars every time so we felt ok but there’s got to be a better way. Just a observation.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So force everyone to not pump gas because you dont want too? Odd....

As an aside there seems to be this mentality of people who think covid is fake and those who think we need to not do anything or go anywhere and act like its the plague.

But the third group....
What abou those of us that knows its real? Wear our masks and clean as often as sane but assume to risk and still want to go out and live life? If your high risk or scared stay inside...stop telling EVERYONE else what to do.

Full compliance is always what’s missing...can’t be “optional”. Doesn’t work that way...never will.

And the gas law has been that way forever...and it’s cheaper for us...if it ain’t broke...

Im glad i can visit the parks and go into any restuarant and basically live life normally but with a mask. Its a risk sure but statistics say i will be fine. I have gone up north a few times now (cheap flights make it a regular occurance) and its amazing how different people act yet guess what covids still there....its life at this point get over yourselves. Protect those at high risk and be a safe as possible while living life.
The logistical distribution infrastructure that can handle ultra low temps is meniscal and it will take a long time for vaccines to hit us all. Especially that ultra low temp one. The -20 one is much easier since almost all hospitals will have something that cold.
Tangent...but I guess “thanks”??😉

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I predicted this when WDW reopened. The "ehhhh its fine" attitude from cast members. I'm not saying its their fault, I'm sure there are a handful who truly dont care, but I'm sure there are also some that have faced difficult guests before, or they dont feel comfortable or protected enough facing the problem, but regardless that attitude is still a problem.

Disney employees are not trained for confrontation...or paid for it.

If they’re gonna increase attendance...and not enforce compliance...

...have legal standing by.

Chi84

Premium Member

A guest’s recourse is likely not the legal system. Employees may have a right based on union agreements.

Chi84

Premium Member
Sorry. I thought you said something about “legal” standing by. People think the legal system protects them far more than it does. You can’t sue for “super spreader event” without more.

Last edited:

matt9112

Why mpt just look at real world examples? I have been to Busch gardens several times. There not spacing train rows anymore and just make sure theres no two partys "touching" in the same row. Also much more lax enforcement of mask rules....any outbreaks?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Sorry. I thought you said something about “legal” standing by. People think the legal system protects them far more than it does. You can’t sue for “super spreader event” without more.

It’s ‘merica...you can sue for anything.

But the danger for Disney aren’t financial judgements in courts. It is and always has been the PR damages done if they are linked to virus deaths or fatalities as an avoidable consequence of them operating parks. Much more of a catastrophic, longterm scenario.

They are more than aware of that. If covid rises again and they see hotspots/flashes that come to their front gates...they will reduce and even close if their liability analysis becomes too great. They aren’t making anything the way they are operating now...just playing a game for the appearances on Wall Street.

Chi84

Premium Member
It’s ‘merica...you can sue for anything.

But the danger for Disney aren’t financial judgements in courts. It is and always has been the PR damages done if they are linked to virus deaths or fatalities as an avoidable consequence of them operating parks. Much more of a catastrophic, longterm scenario.

They are more than aware of that. If covid rises again and they see hotspots/flashes that come to their front gates...they will reduce and even close if their liability analysis becomes too great. They aren’t making anything the way they are operating now...just playing a game for the appearances on Wall Street.
Legal liability and bad public relations are two separate issues. You can file a baseless lawsuit, but it will be summarily dismissed. People can't just "sue for anything." There's no question that Disney wants to avoid the bad publicity that would come from a super spreader event.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What do you think they’ll operate like?

Well...”end”
Is extreme...

But I think the fear is that they no longer operate as “mass” destinations...and complaints aside -every fan LIKES it that way (they just don’t know it).

Limited attendance, reservation only will gut the feel. It would never be the same. No matter how much motivational speaking in the mirror sycophants listen to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom