Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jwink

Since this thread now has the “politics” tab...I’ll let it rip:

This cat is throwing his hat into the ring to become the most embarrassing politician in Florida history...

...and don’t believe for a second that the title isn’t one of distinction.
I’d vote for him to win most embarrassing and nonchalant politician for sure...I’m 100% sure about 17,000 others who would too... but they’re otherwise engaged at present... so they don’t have a say 🤷🏻‍♀️💔

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1602962086126.png

1602962170517.png

1602962245375.png

carolina_yankee

It’s not worth the hassle to most. And that kicks wdw straight in the wallet. Watch and learn...frankly.
Anecdotal and only one data point, but the quarantines were *the major* reason we sold our two DVC 160 point contracts bought direct. It's become clear to us that we aren't getting to WDW before 2022 and we have no desire to spend money on points we won't use or deal with the hassles and liabilities of renting them out in this environment. We're about to cancel our DCL cruise for next July.

25 major visits to WDW since 2003. Disney's in our rear-view mirror until a) we can travel there without a quarantine hassle and b) we can have a full experience once we get there. I have no qualms about Disney's safety. If we were local or a quick jaunt away, I'd be there in a heartbeat.

For me, right now, it's about a diminished product that doesn't give me what I go there for, and the quarantine.

DC0703

That said, I find the vast majority of people are mindful and respectful of each other and do social distance, wear masks, wash hands etc. etc. etc. hence I see a mild flu season and do not see this catastrophic COVID19 surge. The numbers ebb and flow constantly rising and falling. The long term trend is not supporting a "SURGE". The U.S. does not have an exclusive on COVID19 and the fluctuations are very obvious.

I hope you are right but I expect the worst. That 220,000+ that have died - that happened almost entirely during the warmer months, when viruses tend to spread less easily due to better ventilation, higher humidity, more outdoor activities and stronger immune systems. We are entering the period when viruses do spread much more easily, hence the worry.

And let's not forget that the holidays are around the corner. Many will be reluctant to miss seeing their families during the holidays, particularly Christmas. That is when things have the potential to get bad. Throw the flu into the mix, which could spread in tandem with COVID, and there is a reason to be concerned and prepare.

Also, the IHME model does predict a big surge.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I hope you are right but I expect the worst. That 220,000+ that have died - that happened almost entirely during the warmer months, when viruses tend to spread less easily due to better ventilation, higher humidity, more outdoor activities and stronger immune systems. We are entering the period when viruses do spread much more easily, hence the worry.

And let's not forget that the holidays are around the corner. Many will be reluctant to miss seeing their families during the holidays, particularly Christmas. That is when things have the potential to get bad. Throw the flu into the mix, which could spread in tandem with COVID, and there is a reason to be concerned and prepare.

Also, the IHME model does predict a big surge.

Yep...everything you said is correct. Long story short...save the BS...the epidemiologists have been mostly right on trends...the level of compliance is the variable that changes outcomes and levels.

Well we have EPCOT, where else can you get an education in world culture, STEM, hydroponics, culinary arts, and oceanography in one visit, all with a legal blood alcohol level? :D
Yeah...but most of the smarties are prohibited from going there right now 🤔

Animaniac93-98

Hard to imagine this is gonna get better this winter. "Guess what I got you for Christmas (or insert your late December Holiday here)...."? How do you wrap it?

Without question, Holiday shopping and gatherings will be super spreader events as people stubbornly refuse to cut back on their usual Christmas/New Years activities and continue to refuse to follow recommended guidelines.

matt9112

I hope the not pumping our own gas law never goes away! I don't need smelly gas hands.

I don't know how effective the quarantine list is but it - combined with FL's poor performance so far - is certainly having an impact on Disney's resorts. This is the time of year when people from up here really like to go there (especially Jersey Week, which i avoid at all costs) yet Disney can't even fill the resorts that they've opened and seem to have trouble filling their limited capacity most days based on how often they make more AP spots available.

So force everyone to not pump gas because you dont want too? Odd....

As an aside there seems to be this mentality of people who think covid is fake and those who think we need to not do anything or go anywhere and act like its the plague.

But the third group....
What abou those of us that knows its real? Wear our masks and clean as often as sane but assume to risk and still want to go out and live life? If your high risk or scared stay inside...stop telling EVERYONE else what to do.

matt9112

Lol...look who he patterns himself after??

“Trash” doesn’t even scratch the surface.

Trying to “bully” your way out of something you don’t understand...in October

Im glad i can visit the parks and go into any restuarant and basically live life normally but with a mask. Its a risk sure but statistics say i will be fine. I have gone up north a few times now (cheap flights make it a regular occurance) and its amazing how different people act yet guess what covids still there....its life at this point get over yourselves. Protect those at high risk and be a safe as possible while living life.
The logistical distribution infrastructure that can handle ultra low temps is meniscal and it will take a long time for vaccines to hit us all. Especially that ultra low temp one. The -20 one is much easier since almost all hospitals will have something that cold.

Jrb1979

Im glad i can visit the parks and go into any restuarant and basically live life normally but with a mask. Its a risk sure but statistics say i will be fine. I have gone up north a few times now (cheap flights make it a regular occurance) and its amazing how different people act yet guess what covids still there....its life at this point get over yourselves. Protect those at high risk and be a safe as possible while living life.
The logistical distribution infrastructure that can handle ultra low temps is meniscal and it will take a long time for vaccines to hit us all. Especially that ultra low temp one. The -20 one is much easier since almost all hospitals will have something that cold.
That's what most people are doing. Outside of traveling I have been living my life. No is saying to lockdown again.

IMO too many people are wasting their energy going on about conspiracy theories and lockdowns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom