Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazyboy97o

That's a fair point, but there are ways of handling it.

Keep in mind the level of Disneyland's "attraction" to out of state guests won't be the same as it was before due to the risk and cost involved to those people.

When theme parks in Florida reopened, for example, a two week quarantine was in place for certain areas. California could do the same, if they are that fearful.

In Florida, they're having trouble attracting them with no restrictions from the state. I don’t imagine that Disneyland will be thriving in that capacity either, tbh. Especially since it'll offer even less entertainment than Florida when it does eventually reopen.
Disneyland’s local area is also significantly more dense than Walt Disney World’s with Los Angeles County in particular still having significantly more cases than neighboring counties. One of the proposed restrictions rejected by the parks was only allowing people within 120 miles of the park to visit.

JoeCamel

No, I am implying that there will be SOME people who die from the vaccine. And if that person was otherwise healthy but they take a vaccine and die from the vaccine is that worth it? If you know that is a risk and choose to go with the odds I have no problem with that. What I have a problem with is people acting like there is NO risk to taking a vaccine or trying to make people who have valid questions or opinions look like they are misinformed idiots who just listen to celebrities. Many people are not anti-vaxx but they do question how vaccines are developed and administered.

Additionally I work in pharma and belong to a facebook group with other pharma professionals and most are very weary of taking a COVID vaccine when it first comes out since we all know that this is being rushed. We just don't know what we don't know. It could be that the death rate from the vaccine is higher than actually getting COVID. We won't know until it is administered widely to the population and that is scary!
Weary? I think they may be wary but can't be tired from a vaccine that does not exist yet.

CJR

Disneyland’s local area is also significantly more dense than Walt Disney World’s with Los Angeles County in particular still having significantly more cases than neighboring counties. One of the proposed restrictions rejected by the parks was only allowing people within 120 miles of the park to visit.

I'm aware about that, I lived in LA and still have family there, but theme park reservations will mute that point. Capacity will be controlled.

Especially if going to Disneyland is not a priority for most Californians, as someone else here said, getting theme park reservations should be as tolerable as it is in Florida.

I'm aware of the proposal too, but it's not consistent with shopping malls, movie theaters, or other places reopening. There's a reason they backed off that proposal, IMHO.

I will give it to you that no one probably goes to California to shop (at least not soley) or see a movie.

[Edited to shorten post]

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

Disneyland won't be the attractive place it was when it reopens, so I don't see thousands of non-vloggers rushing down to it when FL is open with more entertainment. So, out of state visitors will be even lower of a percentage than it was before, IMO.
I would peronsally be more attracted to Disneyland right now. No need for transportation to and from the parks, more outdoor waiting areas.

I don’t think there would be less entertainment at Disneyland than Disney World.

FeelsSoGoodToBeBad

CJR

I would peronsally be more attracted to Disneyland right now. No need for transportation to and from the parks, more outdoor waiting areas.

I don’t think there would be less entertainment at Disneyland than Disney World.

You mean "more than WDW", I was referring to percentage of out of state guests pre-covid.

Couple of minor notes, which you've probably taken into account. 1. Probably no park hopping, helps control capacity and relieves esplanade crowding. 2. After the GF bridge opens, FL will be somewhat less reliant on transit for MK, at least, although the Boardwalk hotels can walk to both DHS and EPCOT already.

They just cut two major stage shows in CA while Florida is in the process of reopening theirs. More are coming too (in FL), from the sound of things. It's hard to say though, just how much and how long some things will be dark. Point is that a lot could be back in FL before DL even reopens its gates. We'll see though, that's hard to predict.

Miss Bella

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
You should have pulled out your calculator. I said the chances of an anaphylaxis reaction from a vaccine is 1 in every million doses, or 0.0001%.

Death from such a reaction would be even rarer. "An estimated, 1% of hospitalizations and 0.1% of emergency department attendances for anaphylaxis have a fatal outcome." Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5589409/

My assumption is you think you're making some amazing point about vaccine risk vs. risk of dying from COVID. The real CDC estimate on the COVID-19 mortality rate is 0.65% -- 6.5 times higher than the seasonal flu and 6,500 times higher than the risk of an anaphylaxis reaction from a vaccine.
You've got it all figured out. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom