Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Bella

You can opt out of updates. Also not sure how something you have to manually turn on is not a choice. It also doesn’t use your location.
My phone automatically updates. I didn't think there was a reason not too. Mine was turned on and I never would have known about it if it wasn't from a warning from a colleague.

lazyboy97o

My phone automatically updates. I didn't think there was a reason not too. Mine was turned on and I never would have known about it if it wasn't from a warning from a colleague.
No, it was not turned on because you need a separate app to activate it. You and you’re coworker don’t know what you’re talking about. At most you turned off notifications about availability of a companion app, something you complained about not being done.

GimpYancIent

Do you think people would change their attitude if employers required it as a condition of employment? Or if Disney slapped Tink on the loading screen and required it for entry? Or Target required it to shop in store?
Change attitude? That will be a big NO! There are advocates that want to see it happen across the board but the reality is the majority of the general public will not cooperate, refuse to participate, legally challenge any enforcement measures and look for alternative's. Hell, just looking around on any given day people are still repelled by the idea of wearing masks.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1600690605093.png

1600690628340.png

Lilofan

Change attitude? That will be a big NO! There are advocates that want to see it happen across the board but the reality is the majority of the general public will not cooperate, refuse to participate, legally challenge any enforcement measures and look for alternative's. Hell, just looking around on any given day people are still repelled by the idea of wearing masks.
University of Central Florida in Orlando will be random testing students for covid. Refuse to participate, then better accept the consequences.

techgeek

It should be noted that people routinely and willingly give up far far greater access to their privacy by installing an employers time clock app, using web mail services like gmail, getting discounts on their car insurance by temporarily installing hardware to measure their driving behavior, put an RFID tracking device on their wrist, and add to their consumer profile by using incentivized store credit cards that aggregate purchase information.

American business is well versed at finding ways to get people to give them things.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
We are booked for next September. My main issue will be if they do not allow parking hopping by then. That is definitely something important to us.
We just returned from a week long stay at BWV and not being able to park hop was rough. Especially staying at Boardwalk. We often hop to Epcot or HS after a morning/afternoon at MK or AK but this trip we basically hopped to the pool, lol.

I was interested to see how a trip without park hopping would be. I learned quickly that one park per day was not for me.

Epcotfan21

We just returned from a week long stay at BWV and not being able to park hop was rough. Especially staying at Boardwalk. We often hop to Epcot or HS after a morning/afternoon at MK or AK but this trip we basically hopped to the pool, lol.

I was interested to see how a trip without park hopping would be. I learned quickly that one park per day was not for me.
This is the very reason why we cancelled our AP's. I can't remember the last time we spent an entire day at a single park.

And like you, we always stay at the Epcot Resorts (mostly Swan or Dolphin) and pre covid would find ourselves ending our day at Epcot or HS.

Kevin_W

Even with the short hours? I would think that with only 8 hrs per day of park time, that taking the hour or so wouldn't be worth the time. (Though DHS - Epcot is probably more like 30 minutes, including walking out of park, transiting, and walking into new park.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom