Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not specifically Disney related...but I just saw that Ohio state cancelled spring break...

Good move. I bet all sensible colleges follow suit...and maybe even public schools that have them.

To be fair since humans have been around there has never been real peace. But i do believe IKE called it in his farewell address.

My favorite edit in human history.

“Military industrial congressional complex”

Kevin_W

Honest question how much does it effect your electric bill?

Simple answer is it depends how much I drive. It costs me ~$0.04 per mile in electricity to drive my car (including charging inefficiency at my house) vs ~$0.11 per mile in my wife's SUV at today's gas prices.

So for my driving habits, my electric bill is up ~$45 per month. But I spend ~$100 less on gasoline. More than the cost savings, I absolutely love the time savings. People talk about having to plan for long trips and there is some of that (which is kinda fun as novelty). But long trips are rare and never having to build time into my daily schedule for stopping at the gas station is wonderful.

olie64

Not specifically Disney related...but I just saw that Ohio state cancelled spring break...

Good move. I bet all sensible colleges follow suit...and maybe even public schools that have them.

My favorite edit in human history.

“Military industrial congressional complex”

Really like congressional add.0

Miss Bella

Yeah i am aware of hospitializtion which i think is a positive...we will never get rid of it so if we can keep hospitializtion down thats a good think...also i know hospitals around here no longer have covid floors.
We discharged our 1200th COVID patient last week. We currently only have one COVID floor open with about six COVID postitive patients.

bcoachable

I realize there are always going to be rule breakers- and those guys always seem to get all the buzz.
In my experience, I have to say that with the HS age kids I’m around, they are doing their best to Adhere to the social contract of doing what’s best for all involved. They are making me proud...
Now- who knows what’s happening outside of school and on the weekends...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1600084782050.png

1600084807496.png

Can't blame Miami any more...

1600084921922.png

Kevin_W

Does this map show average daily new cases or active cases? And unless my geographic knowledge of Florida is completely wrong, what's going on in those hotspots? They don't appear to be any of the major cities.

It's cases per 100,000 people in the past week (by county). Areas outside of major cities will have less population, so it will take fewer case to move them up in color.

hopemax

Does this map show average daily new cases or active cases? And unless my geographic knowledge of Florida is completely wrong, what's going on in those hotspots? They don't appear to be any of the major cities.
They are homes to the University of Florida (Gainesville - Alachula County which is the large orange one next to the little red one) and Florida State University (Tallahassee - marked and very red)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It's cases per 100,000 people in the past week (by county). Areas outside of major cities will have less population, so it will take fewer case to move them up in color.

Flip side is that being so rural and spread out, they should have stayed low in cases per capita. And since that's not the case, it's a sign of just how little caution those areas are taking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom