Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Actually it is more positive news that if you have already had the virus the likelihood that you will get it again is low. So even if a vaccine doesn't pan out herd immunity will work...
It’s too early to tell, but they are saying at least 4 months out that the anti-bodies still work. No telling if that means lifelong immunity or not but it could. Obviously if a vaccine never works then that’s best case scenario.

If antibodies are lifelong then in that case a single vaccination would be all that was needed. If there are some mutations they could end up with an annual vaccination like the flu shot or a vaccine with boosters every 5 to 10 years. All possibilities. A vaccine is still our fastest way to a return to normal life and a reboot of the economy.

Heppenheimer

It’s too early to tell, but they are saying at least 4 months out that the anti-bodies still work. No telling if that means lifelong immunity or not but it could. Obviously if a vaccine never works then that’s best case scenario.

If antibodies are lifelong then in that case a single vaccination would be all that was needed. If there are some mutations they could end up with an annual vaccination like the flu shot or a vaccine with boosters every 5 to 10 years. All possibilities. A vaccine is still our fastest way to a return to normal life and a reboot of the economy.
Just note though, that there's no correlation between the duration of antibodies induced by the natural infection and those from a vaccine. The two are completely independent. We probably won't know the optimal frequency of boosters, if needed, for several years. This will be determined by the post-marketing studies.

Disstevefan1

There’s not really much of a controversy here. Most people probably never knew what went on a death certificate before now. Comorbidities are nothing new and common is most deaths from illness. The numbers reported for deaths from a disease are always more of an estimate than a solid number. That’s why if you google worldwide deaths from H1N1 a lot of places give a range vs a firm number. Reporting isn’t always 100% accurate. It’s just that now in our politically charged environment everyone is looking for a darker ulterior motive to errors or grey areas. I think in the vast majority of cases the people in charge of reporting are doing the best they can and are not intentionally reporting false numbers.

I do not think there are intentional reporting errors, I am sure there is a lot of human error, and I think there may be some over reporting of positive cases and CCP virus deaths to be on the safe side as to not under report positive cases and CCP virus deaths.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I do not think there are intentional reporting errors, I am sure there is a lot of human error, and I think there may be some over reporting of positive cases and CCP virus deaths to be on the safe side as to not under report positive cases and CCP virus deaths.
Would you please refer to the virus in non-political terms - it encourages a heated political argument which is not for this section. Covid-19 would be preferable.

Basil of Baker Street

More positive news on a vaccine.

ha. They seem to be so back and forth on this. Kinda reminds me of eggs are bad for you, wait. no they aren't. Opps, yes they are, or are they?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
ha. They seem to be so back and forth on this. Kinda reminds me of eggs are bad for you, wait. no they aren't. Opps, yes they are, or are they?
Agreed. It shows how little we actually know about this virus and even the stuff we think we know we might not be right.

For the record I always ate eggs because I like them. I just happened to fall on the right side of the healthy debate. Plus I used indisputable logic...if chicken is a healthy meat to eat how can eating an unborn chicken be unhealthy?

Jedijax719

Have any Florida schools begun face-to-face yet? Or are they all virtual right now? (the ones that have started instruction that is)

JoeCamel

Have any Florida schools begun face-to-face yet? Or are they all virtual right now? (the ones that have started instruction that is)
There are several counties (don't ask me which) that have face to face instruction and the school buses are on the roads.

DisneyCane

Yes, but I think the overall point, that antibody immunity is only finite, stands.

Again, T-Cell immunity is where it's at ;)
I think the big question is, after somebody's antibody immunity wears off, is their immune system better equipped to fight off the virus in the future? Maybe not be "immune" but if you had a mild case the first time, would you have an asymptomatic case in two years?

That article also has good information regarding the percentage of asymptomatic cases (33% in the study) and the infection fatality rate (0.3% in the study). I'd like to see the IFR broken down by age group.

SamusAranX

I think the big question is, after somebody's antibody immunity wears off, is their immune system better equipped to fight off the virus in the future? Maybe not be "immune" but if you had a mild case the first time, would you have an asymptomatic case in two years?

That article also has good information regarding the percentage of asymptomatic cases (33% in the study) and the infection fatality rate (0.3% in the study). I'd like to see the IFR broken down by age group.

That’s a good question, but one that probably won’t be answered until the dust settles

danlb_2000

Premium Member

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1599146535320.png

1599146556695.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom