Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABQ

Again, if you read my post, I am speaking to people that had non-life threatening conditions (Respiratory issues, diabetes) , that had Covid not existed wouldn't have exasperated their conditions and ultimately wouldn't have died. Make sense?
That is a bit speculative though. Of course, one would hope they all would have survived, but it's not necessarily going to be the case. Diabetes and other chronic respiratory issues are a leading cause of death each year. I can't find the most current stats, but here's the CDC's data from 2017 and both are in the top ten in causes of death. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr68/nvsr68_09-508.pdf , #'s 4 and 7 .

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
That is a bit speculative though. Of course, one would hope they all would have survived, but it's not necessarily going to be the case. Diabetes and other chronic respiratory issues are a leading cause of death each year. I can't find the most current stats, but here's the CDC's data from 2017 and both are in the top ten in causes of death. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr68/nvsr68_09-508.pdf , #'s 4 and 7 .
So here is where I get frustrated, and not necessarily with you at all. Its speculative to make a generally accepted assumption (if someone was living just fine with their pre-existing condition and had years ahead of them but then they get infected with covid and die because of the infection), but its not speculative to assume that the motorcycle cases are the majority of situations which some folks are alluding to here? People will truly argue their point to the end of times no matter what it seems.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
WavyCriminalEel-size_restricted.gif

Touchdown

I wish all of you deniers could shadow me at work for a day and suit up and see some Covid patients. I’m not even in a hot spot and it’s heartbreaking. So many people suffering and dying all alone, and not everyone has comorbid conditions!

It’s such a shame that people are being shielded from the horrors of this disease, but due to a combination of public safety and HIPAA you all are shielded from the truth, but what do I know, surely not as much as the local Facebook expert who’s spent their time at home researching on the internet...

G00fyDad

Actually, that did happen:

It slipped through the cracks and was corrected; but it did happen.

Okay. I will amend my original statement to say that occasional accidents do happen. But people who say that hospitals are false reporting are claiming it is in the hundreds of thousands and being done intentionally.

brianstl

Okay. I will amend my original statement to say that occasional accidents do happen. But people who say that hospitals are false reporting are claiming it is in the hundreds of thousands and being done intentionally.
I don't think hospitals are falsely claiming people are dying of COVID-19. I just don't think we do a good enough job of separating deaths where COVID-19 is listed as possible contributing factor to death from those where COVID-19 was likely one of the main contributing factors to a death.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I'm sure the lawyers want to represent him and the kid can collect big-time for pain and suffering. Pass on that summer job and collect..💰
Assuming they catch the scum bags and they have any money to be had. I think they will be caught and the police there will work with the NY police to arrest them and bring them back to PA for prosecution. I would prefer they just gave the kid’s family and friends the address and pass out baseball bats and pardons :mad:

brianstl

They died of cancer. They were still positive for Covid but died of the cancer. That is how that works. Simple. Too many people are losing their minds and spewing the fake narrative that hospitals are falsely reporting deaths as Covid deaths when the person died of other causes. The stupidest one I have seen so far is a claim that a car accident victim was listed as a Covid death. That is just not happening. If that person with cancer goes into the hospital for Covid complications and dies as a direct result of Covid then they died of Covid, not cancer. And it is the same the other way around. A person can go into the hospital with Covid complications and still die from a heart attack, stroke, cancer, HIV, complications during surgery, etc. then they will be listed by what killed them.
Actually in most cases COVID-19 will be listed as a possible contributing factor in the death because it is possible that COVID-19 caused that person to die even a day earlier than they would have if they had not developed COVID-19. That death will then get added to the COVID-19 death count.

havoc315

Actually in most cases COVID-19 will be listed as a possible contributing factor in the death because it is possible that COVID-19 caused that person to die even a day earlier than they would have if they had not developed COVID-19. That death will then get added to the COVID-19 death count.

No, in Florida, it is only counted as a Covid death if it is listed as the PRIMARY cause.
That has resulted in Florida likely under-counting deaths significantly. In other words, there are likely many deaths of "Pneumonia - primary diagnosis, Covid-secondary diagnosis." Now, obviously, in almost every case, Covid caused the pneumonia. But it isn't being counted as a Covid death, since pneumonia is listed as the primary cause.

havoc315

I'm going to call this post -- The cautionary tale of Suwannee County Florida.

Little Suwannee County... Northern Florida county of only 44,000 people. DeSantis just celebrated the schools re-opening in Suwannee.
But Suwannee has a large prison -- which has had nearly 400 positive Covid cases.
But the cases haven't remained in the prison.

Most recent positivity rate is 22% in Suwannee. 45 deaths -- So more than 0.1% of the county has already been killed by the virus. (equivalent of over 300,000 deaths on a national level). Just yesterday alone, 412 cases were reported. So nearly 1% of the County reported positive in just 1 day -- that would be like 3 million positive new cases in 1 day on a national level. So far, there have been about 8700 tests in the county, so about 1/5th of the County has been tested, resulting in 1874 positive cases. So 4% of the county has tested positive -- the real infection rate is likely much higher. Meanwhile, kids are going to school. Masks are optional. Social distancing is "encouraged when possible."

Keep an eye on Suwanee County.

brianstl

No, in Florida, it is only counted as a Covid death if it is listed as the PRIMARY cause.
That has resulted in Florida likely under-counting deaths significantly. In other words, there are likely many deaths of "Pneumonia - primary diagnosis, Covid-secondary diagnosis." Now, obviously, in almost every case, Covid caused the pneumonia. But it isn't being counted as a Covid death, since pneumonia is listed as the primary cause.
This is incorrect.

Florida tallies their deaths according to the CDC guidelines. If COVID-19 is listed as a possible underlying cause of death it gets added to the count. So in your example the death gets added both to the pneumonia count and the COVID-19 count. After the end of the year when the CDC finalizes their data they go through and assign 1 cause of death to each case. Until that happens, these deaths get added to the counts of every underlying cause listed.

Lilofan

I'm going to call this post -- The cautionary tale of Suwannee County Florida.

Little Suwannee County... Northern Florida county of only 44,000 people. DeSantis just celebrated the schools re-opening in Suwannee.
But Suwannee has a large prison -- which has had nearly 400 positive Covid cases.
But the cases haven't remained in the prison.

Most recent positivity rate is 22% in Suwannee. 45 deaths -- So more than 0.1% of the county has already been killed by the virus. (equivalent of over 300,000 deaths on a national level). Just yesterday alone, 412 cases were reported. So nearly 1% of the County reported positive in just 1 day -- that would be like 3 million positive new cases in 1 day on a national level. So far, there have been about 8700 tests in the county, so about 1/5th of the County has been tested, resulting in 1874 positive cases. So 4% of the county has tested positive -- the real infection rate is likely much higher. Meanwhile, kids are going to school. Masks are optional. Social distancing is "encouraged when possible."

Keep an eye on Suwanee County.
Hopefully the families have made out their wills.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
What you're describing is not Florida under-counting deaths, it's other states over-counting deaths.

In Connecticut, a baby was smothered to death by improper bedding. They called it a COVID death because the baby tested positive after the fact.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Oh geez....
April 1:

July 17:

SamusAranX

April 1:

July 17:

While I wont go as far as to say there is a systematic effort to "inflate" COVID numbers, between this, other reported individual miscounts, the UK "removing" 5,000 deaths, and the Miami-Dade data dump yesterday....I can't help but think of the old phrase "never attribute to malice that which can be explained by incomptence"

lazyboy97o

April 1:

July 17:
That means the death was not counted as a COVID-19 death. The governor reported it as such, but official counting would be based on the determined cause of death. This is part of why there are delays in reporting, because doctors are not just putting COVID-19 for anything and everything, and are doing the due diligence that is part of the process.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
While I wont go as far as to say there is a systematic effort to "inflate" COVID numbers, between this, other reported individual miscounts, the UK "removing" 5,000 deaths, and the Miami-Dade data dump yesterday....I can't help but think of the old phrase "never attribute to malice that which can be explained by incomptence"
I think its completely reasonable to question some of the data. That is a good thing to do. I just don't think these inaccuracies moves the needle that much in the overall picture.

Disstevefan1

April 1:

July 17:

Death of these babies for any reason is tragic! Very sad!

For the April 1 newborn, am I reading this wrong, “An autopsy has been done but more tests are needed before a cause of death can be determined”

But I got the idea from the headline the cause of death was COVID?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom