Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calmdownnow

but I’m sure they do fine on a given day and contribute to a lot of the daily income.
I am sure you meant to add a sarcasm emoji but missed the button on your post. Those bars are not meeting their daily costs if at the height of the summer temps they don't have at least a couple of people in line for drinks.

disneygeek90

I am sure you meant to add a sarcasm emoji but missed the button on your post. Those bars are not meeting their daily costs if at the height of the summer temps they don't have at least a couple of people in line for drinks.
You mean they’re not making profit off their $10 beers every few minutes? Kegs are not all that expensive considering the up charge, and they can’t be paying the one employee all that much.

carolina_yankee

For anyone going to Disney soon, and are planning on using the pools, I would recommend getting there early. This was at Kidani and you can’t get in unless someone leaves. On hot days this summer with not a lot open, I’m guessing early bird will get the worm.View attachment 481411

Interesting - explains why several resorts I looked at elsewhere said their pool policy was to book (or assign) pool times and limit you to two hours. Disney may have to do something similar. Bottom line is that if you are requiring distancing, pools don’t have capacity for a full resort (as DVCs are designed to be) In their current configurations.

mickeymiss

For anyone going to Disney soon, and are planning on using the pools, I would recommend getting there early. This was at Kidani and you can’t get in unless someone leaves. On hot days this summer with not a lot open, I’m guessing early bird will get the worm.View attachment 481411

Thanks for the heads up. I'm guessing it has a lot to do with being the only thing to do at a resort.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Bars/ drink stands operating at Universal today. Just to give everyone some clarity on the types of places that should be operating in Disney.
View attachment 481404
View attachment 481405
View attachment 481406
View attachment 481407
Cool update.

I‘m so confused with Florida’s rules. So bars with outdoor seating are still open in FL? As well as those that sell food and those that offer to go drinks. There’s so many loopholes at this point what is actually closed? Just indoor nightclubs?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
When MK closes at 7 and there’s no park hopping or night shows I bet the line for the pools will look a lot like this for the rest of the night at a lot of resorts. Like the poster said, just part of the ”new norm”.

oceanbreeze77

When MK closes at 7 and there’s no park hopping or night shows I bet the line for the pools will look a lot like this for the rest of the night at a lot of resorts. Like the poster said, just part of the ”new norm”.
dont a lot of resort pools close rather early?? like 8 or so?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
dont a lot of resort pools close rather early?? like 8 or so?
Did they roll back hours for the pools too? I haven’t followed that too closely. Pre-Covid times I remember Stormalong Bay being open until 11PM and the DVC pool had no real hours since there were no lifeguards anyway. I remember one night seeing people in there well after midnight. I assumed that people would go to the pool in the evenings with the park closing early, but I guess thats not an option either. I guess there’s TV in the room :(

DisneyDebRob

I think the main problem is, as another poster put it, they will need some sort of reservation for a time limit at pools. With the heat in Florida, people are going to go to the pool and just stay all day. They will probably do something like that if pictures and complaints come out like this one. I mean if it’s that bad with limited occupancy at the resort, that’s not good.

Last edited:

DisneyDebRob

More updates from a friend of a friend at the pools.
B2F64300-4241-44AD-AA2C-32C6693AD316.png
01D151BE-9627-40EC-8372-2D41E789FF0E.png
7F28C63C-584E-4AD4-86EB-C1D6A63BA4F1.png

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I don’t remember where I saw the hours, but they looked normal or close enough to it. I was surprised that quiet pools were 24 hours. I thought Disney had done away with that long ago.
From the last time I was there in the summer the feature pools were open until 11PM and the quiet pools never really closed. At a certain time at night the staff came by and took the dirty towel bin away and shut down anything that was still open, but once they left there was no effort made to clear the pool. I would imagine that with capacity limits they may need to be stricter. I would hope they aren’t closing the pools at 8pm in the summer. That would be criminal to do in the current situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom