Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

disneygeek90

Switching gears for a minute, does anyone know how the FL bar alcohol ban will impact WDW parks and resorts? I assume at a minimum any lounges at the resorts are closed (as long as they don’t make 50% or more from food sales) but restaurants that serve alcohol are still OK. What about drink carts or drink windows in the parks? Since you are buying a drink to walk around with does that count as a “to-go“ sale or do they have to close too? Pool bars? I assume they are out too or do they sell enough food to meet the loop hole?
There are still stands open in Springs and Universal. Even the Duff beer bar at Universal is open. Some are closed but I think that’s mostly due to cutting labor and not bar restrictions. Most of them are technically selling “to-go.” Not as sure about the pool bars at resorts.

milordsloth

Switching gears for a minute, does anyone know how the FL bar alcohol ban will impact WDW parks and resorts? I assume at a minimum any lounges at the resorts are closed (as long as they don’t make 50% or more from food sales) but restaurants that serve alcohol are still OK. What about drink carts or drink windows in the parks? Since you are buying a drink to walk around with does that count as a “to-go“ sale or do they have to close too? Pool bars? I assume they are out too or do they sell enough food to meet the loop hole?

I was able to get reservations for Ogas Cantina on the 15th. Are they going to be serving alcohol? I guess they can still serve the themed non-alcoholic drinks..

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I was able to get reservations for Ogas Cantina on the 15th. Are they going to be serving alcohol? I guess they can still serve the themed non-alcoholic drinks..
I would guess no alcohol unless the rule is gone by then. Any place that gets less than 50% of its sales from food is not allowed to sell alcohol.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
There are still stands open in Springs and Universal. Even the Duff beer bar at Universal is open. Some are closed but I think that’s mostly due to cutting labor and not bar restrictions. Most of them are technically selling “to-go.” Not as sure about the pool bars at resorts.
So drink carts are still open at DS and Universal? I think that answers the question then.

disneygeek90

So drink carts are still open at DS and Universal? I think that answers the question then.
Yes even the bar at 3 Broomsticks was open and the drink bar in Diagon Alley. Enjoyed a beer there yesterday. People are overthinking the bar closures. I am surprised Oga’s is apparently reopening at that seems like one of the only bars in any park that really encourages you to hang out and “drink in.” Not sure how that one will work.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Yes even the bar at 3 Broomsticks was open. Enjoyed a beer there yesterday. People are overthinking the bar closures. I am surprised Oga’s is apparently reopening at that seems like one of the only bars in any park that really encourages you to hang out and “drink in.” Not sure how that one will work.
3 Broomsticks makes more sense since they sell food. The rule they announced was any place that makes more than 50% of their sales from food can continue to sell alcohol. Any place not allowed to sell alcohol on premise can still sell to go. I assume the drink carts count as to go since there’s no place to sit indoors and drink.

milordsloth

Yes even the bar at 3 Broomsticks was open and the drink bar in Diagon Alley. Enjoyed a beer there yesterday. People are overthinking the bar closures. I am surprised Oga’s is apparently reopening at that seems like one of the only bars in any park that really encourages you to hang out and “drink in.” Not sure how that one will work.

That's good news for my trip next week! I was hoping the bar closures didn't stop all alcohol sales inside the park.

oceanbreeze77

disneygeek90

Bars/ drink stands operating at Universal today. Just to give everyone some clarity on the types of places that should be operating in Disney.
F16D72E9-49C9-42B2-B222-2830F5981D5A.jpeg

9327C42D-FF0C-4D3E-8796-7308605DADBB.jpeg

D78F4745-6A5A-4816-B1F2-83C263708AB8.jpeg

A59DA9D1-1ECA-4009-9E8B-61C51EFCE6AD.jpeg

Kevin_W

hospitalizations also trending upward

In my neck of the woods (Ohio) cases have spiked up in the past 2+ weeks (over double the # of daily cases). Luckily, deaths have continued to trend down and hospitalizations have only increased a little overall and have dropped the past few days. Early on in this mess, Ohio and Florida trended similarly, I'm curious what diverged.

Many cities around here passed mandatory mask rules in the past few days trying to stem the tide.

Jrb1979

For those thinking that wait times will be low, Kings Island just opened and their new coaster Orion. The wait time was 4.5 hrs. Reports are that it took many over an hour to get through security and temp check. Kings Island is using a timed entry.

disneygeek90

Was the park open at this time? Cos it doesn't seem as if a lot of money was rolling in to US at these bars...
The first two were at city walk around 2pm. Second two in the parks around 5pm. Chez Alcatraz has done well from what I’ve seen.

Not all stands are operating due to demand but I’m sure they do fine on a given day and contribute to a lot of the daily income.

DisneyDebRob

For anyone going to Disney soon, and are planning on using the pools, I would recommend getting there early. This was at Kidani and you can’t get in unless someone leaves. On hot days this summer with not a lot open, I’m guessing early bird will get the worm.
786241B8-DD9A-41AA-85BD-DA339B1EF0CE.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom