Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Bella

I know it's not over. We have only entered into phase 2. No date for the next phase yet. Which means no amusement parks, no indoor dining and groups of only 10 people. They have been closing any beaches that have been over crowded
All the states that border Canada have done incredibly well too. You do realize your population is about 10% of ours.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I remember back in March when everyone was saying we'd run out of ventilators, beds, our hospitals would be overwhelmed, people would be dying in the hallways. None of that has happened. We are producing and sending ventilators to other countries. I disagree with you that we've done a bad job. Has Canada done a better job than US? Most small countries have better numbers than us.
I would be willing to say the jury is still out on our response. We certainly made a lot of mistakes along the way, but there’s still time to right the ship and stay ahead of the virus. Nobody is out of the woods yet, but a number of countries have done better based on almost any metric you could use to judge it.

Miss Bella

I would be willing to say the jury is still out on our response. We certainly made a lot of mistakes along the way, but there’s still time to right the ship and stay ahead of the virus. Nobody is out of the woods yet, but a number of countries have done better based on almost any metric you could use to judge it.
In my state the Latino community is being disproportionately infected by a rate of 2:1 despite only making up 29% of the population. I wonder if this is why we're seeing this increase in the border states. I really feel like we need to concentrate some resources into these communities. If nothing else just education. I'm hoping they don't throw big family parties tomorrow.

LittleBuford

No it’s not. Contained is over. The pandemic in Sweden is over. Covid still exists. But it is no longer a pandemic.

Not even Sweden agrees with you. The country’s Ministry of Health and Public Affairs referred to it as pandemic in an article published on its website yesterday:

“We would like to explain more about how Sweden is managing and has managed the COVID-19 pandemic so far.”

Chip Chipperson

We have never used the service but WDW is looking at all areas to cut costs and that may include staffing.

It's a great service, although it's gotten expensive since the initial $20 flat fee. My wife and I love it, especially for getting to Magic Kingdom when we had breakfast reservations before the park opened since they drop you off by the busses instead of the Ticket & Transportation Center.

I understand why they don't have it right now (just because Lyft and Uber are still operating doesn't mean it's safe and certainly doesn't mean Disney is obligated to follow suit). I feel bad for the Cast Members who are still out of work, though. Hopefully they'll be given other roles, especially since the college and international programs aren't running now so there are roles that need to be filled.

I would be shocked if the Minnie Van's don't return when it's safe to do so, though. Demand seemed to be high for the service even with the price increases, unlike the backstage express shuttle between parks (which we also loved).

DisneyDebRob

Being reported on many sites just means that lots of people still parrot whatever Clickbait posts without doing their own fact-checking.
Usually, yes. This one seems to have a bit of substance to it with cast members claiming it.

Edit: Realized you were referring to sites stealing other info and not the rumor. My bad.

Last edited:

DCBaker

Premium Member
Numbers are out -

Screen Shot 2020-07-04 at 10.32.32 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-04 at 10.32.44 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-04 at 10.32.37 AM.png

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I could be worse...at least we aren’t rabbits 🐰

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom