Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Those deaths apparently don't matter since it doesn't allow an option to destroy the fabric of society as we know it.

Maybe they should create "rest areas" in theme parks and out in public where people can take opioids where overdosing can't occur. Or if they only take opioids when they're dining at a restaurant.

Oh boy...here we go...again.
I am surprised about Idaho. Any thought why? I thought they were doing good. Guess I was wrong.

It’s strictly about increases in cases on a rolling timeframe...it was stated last week when the first list came out. So a commensurate decline over that timeframe gets them off the list. I think they said 14 days?

Miss Bella

Those deaths apparently don't matter since it doesn't allow an option to destroy the fabric of society as we know it.

Maybe they should create "rest areas" in theme parks and out in public where people can take opioids where overdosing can't occur. Or if they only take opioids when they're dining at a restaurant.
I know people get annoyed when I mention “the media”, but they don’t cover it. I wonder why that is? I take that back when a celebrity dies from an overdose which seems to happen daily. It will get a little coverage. If it’s a big celebrity it will get a lot of coverage.

Miss Bella

Opioids are driven by lack of money/opportunity in a country overwhelmingly “have not”. The data has been out on that for a long time.

Suicide have not been statistically increased during lockdowns.

Fatal car accidents have gone down.

The flu didn’t get jealous and kill more people.

The amount of injuries from drunken groomsman/bridesmaids falling into fountains outside of the wedding factories in the spring was reduced.

Recreational equipment has sold like hot cakes and people are outdoors more.

Except for the covid thing...it ain’t all bad.
Oh you would be surprised how many middle class and wealthy people are addicted to prescription pain killers. It’s not a poor persons problem.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I know people get annoyed when I mention “the media”, but they don’t cover it. I wonder why that is? I take that back when a celebrity dies from an overdose which seems to happen daily. It will get a little coverage. If it’s a big celebrity it will get a lot of coverage.
Are you talking about opioid addicts?

Simple...money. They have no money. Similar to the crack epidemics in the 80’s. There’s no money in covering it.

Remember your “media” (as in all of it) struggles to make money and that is ad/click based. Advertisers want to peddle ...errr...”product”’I mean...and extract every penny from us all. It’s a rat race under the guise of “journalism”

Politicians are in it for money...the donor class and their businesses. There’s no money in opioids with them either unless they are pharmaceutical.

Sorry...I’ll back off the ledge...but you hit one of my few functioning nerves. Opioids are a national failure and the root is greed. A long history of it. And then we turn our backs.

Ok...back to covid. No more media studies.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
It's the same with dogs. When a pitbull bites someone it makes a good story along with a thumbnail of a snarling pitbull. When a Yorkie bites someone , it's not as gory.

I'm a Canine handler/behaviorist and I've been bit by more cocker spaniels, Yorkies, poodles than bull terriers, but a picture of a Yorkie growling does not look as intense. People WANT to buy the book based off the cover. And they do. This pandemic is no different.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's the same with dogs. When a pitbull bites someone it makes a good story along with a thumbnail of a snarling pitbull. When a Yorkie bites someone , it's not as gory.

I'm a Canine handler/behaviorist and I've been bit by more cocker spaniels, Yorkies, poodles than bull terriers, but a picture of a Yorkie growling does not look as intense. People WANT to buy the book based off the cover. And they do. This pandemic is no different.
I had a yorkie...she wasn’t dangerous cause she couldn’t break the skin😉

I think that might be a tad of a straw man too.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I am surprised about Idaho. Any thought why? I thought they were doing good. Guess I was wrong.
Not 100% sure. I looked at their dashboard and it looks like the percent positive has been below 10% for a while now so it’s not that. It may just be because of the lower population. The metric they are using is more than 10 cases a day per 100,000 residents on average over 7 days. That’s why CA could have thousands of cases a day and still not make the list initially because they have 40 million people there. For Idaho there’s only 1.8 million people so more than 180 cases a day puts them on the list. It looks like their statewide average is just around 200 cases a day over the last week. What’s really dumb about the statewide travel bans is that there are parts of Idaho that probably have no or very few cases but they get lumped in with the whole state. When the shoe was on the other foot parts of upstate NY had 40 cases all time but the people from there were still forced to quarantine when they entered FL which had a whole lot more cases.

Miss Bella

A pit bull can kill that’s the difference.

hopemax

You got the “why is it different this time” right!

Blew right by it, but it’s there. Let me help.

I'm not saying any loss is acceptable. Where was everybody's concern for the 600,000 + deaths per year from heart disease? 150,000 respiratory deaths each year? Or even 500,000 deaths per year from abortions? These arent even viruses that could be spread but still have a higher death count.

Did they shut down fast food joints to prevent all the deaths? Does the media show each day the thousands of people who test positive for high blood pressure?

I know this has all been said before, but it's a fact ("trend") that people die for all types of reasons. Many, many, more people die each year from more things than covid. Why were people (including you), not posting their concern for all the deaths in years past? The social engineering we are witnessing is down right scary.

Miss Bella

No no no...

Nothing ok about it. You just asked why covid is sensationalized and opioids aren’t mentioned...follow the money or lack thereof.
No no no...

Nothing ok about it. You just asked why covid is sensationalized and opioids aren’t mentioned...follow the money or lack thereof.
I guess you have a point. They do seem to care when it’s a celebrity.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
A pit bull can kill that’s the difference.
Of course. But far more bites occur each day involving other breeds. Pit bulls are far more people friendly than the average person knows. I was just pointing out a HUGE misconception that has occurred due to selective media coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom