Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Bella

Joisey.

What you described sounds like a lifetime...which are in the northeast in high end suburbs. Beautiful...but excessive.

I’m ornery today...it was a shot at lifetime - which I self deprecate myself on.
It obviously doesn’t apply to you. Friendly fire.
I do belong to lifetime, but the cost of living in Arizona is nothing like New Jersey. They charge what the market will bear. They are the most expensive gym in Arizona I believe there are five or six of them. We do live in an upper-middle-class suburb. We bought our house 20 years ago.

I'm not sure why all that matters or how much someone pays for a gym membership matters. Who are you or I or anyone else to determine what's excessive? A lot of people consider a trip to WDW excessive.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I do belong to lifetime, but the cost of living in Arizona is nothing like New Jersey. They charge what the market will bear. They are the most expensive gym in Arizona I believe there are five or six of them. We do live in an upper-middle-class suburb. We bought our house 20 years ago.

I'm not sure why all that matters or how much someone pays for a gym membership matters. Who are you or I or anyone else to determine what's excessive? A lot of people consider a trip to WDW excessive.
You’re reading too much into it...it was as much me “laughing” at myself as it was the yoga pant “I’m so busy today!” Crowd (but it was both)

Standard membership is $269 here.
Is the minimum wage still $1.18 an hour out there?

Most of what you and I do is apparently “excessive” in the grand scope.

But here we are plugging along anyway. Which brings us back to just doing simple things in this snapshot of time and space in unusual health circumstances. Including not going to wdw if that’s the common sense call. I’ll never forget the amount of back and forth argument about this as there has been. Our lives aren’t that tough. That’s me opening the windows into my glass house.

Miss Bella

You’re reading too much into it...it was as much me “laughing” at myself as it was the yoga pant “I’m so busy today!” Crowd (but it was both)

Standard membership is $269 here.
Is the minimum wage still $1.18 an hour out there?

Most of what you and I do is apparently “excessive” in the grand scope.

But here we are plugging along anyway. Which brings us back to just doing simple things in this snapshot of time and space in unusual health circumstances. Including not going to wdw if that’s the common sense call. I’ll never forget the amount of back and forth argument about this as there has been. Our lives aren’t that tough. That’s me opening the windows into my glass house.
No the minimum wage is 12.00 an hour. Salary’s are decent, taxes are low, houses are reasonable. It’s just hotter than hell 4 months of the year. Ok maybe 5 months of the year.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Yoi...

So what’s acceptable “loss” puppetmaster?
Her we go again...where’s my $200?
I'm not saying any loss is acceptable. Where was everybody's concern for the 600,000 + deaths per year from heart disease? 150,000 respiratory deaths each year? Or even 500,000 deaths per year from abortions? These arent even viruses that could be spread but still have a higher death count.

Did they shut down fast food joints to prevent all the deaths? Does the media show each day the thousands of people who test positive for high blood pressure?

I know this has all been said before, but it's a fact ("trend") that people die for all types of reasons. Many, many, more people die each year from more things than covid. Why were people (including you), not posting their concern for all the deaths in years past? The social engineering we are witnessing is down right scary.

oceanbreeze77

I'm not saying any loss is acceptable. Where was everybody's concern for the 600,000 + deaths per year from heart disease? 150,000 respiratory deaths each year? Or even 500,000 deaths per year from abortions? These arent even viruses that could be spread.

Did they shut down fast food joints to prevent all the deaths? Does the media show each day the thousands of people who test positive for high blood pressure?

I know this has all been said before, but it's a fact ("trend") that people die for all types of reasons. Many, many, more people die each year from more things than covid. Why were people (including you), not posting their concern for all the deaths in years past? The social engineering we are witnessing is down right scary.
NOBODY TOUCH THIS.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm not saying any loss is acceptable. Where was everybody's concern for the 600,000 + deaths per year from heart disease? 150,000 respiratory deaths each year? Or even 500,000 deaths per year from abortions? These arent even viruses that could be spread.

It’s been inconsistent...for sure. But it’s not “media”...it’s money that’s causing the Trouble.

Or as I like to call it: a day ending in “y”

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
No the minimum wage is 12.00 an hour. Salary’s are decent, taxes are low, houses are reasonable. It’s just hotter than hell 4 months of the year. Ok maybe 5 months of the year.

I assume there’s a lot of fixed incomers in your area (that’s probably rhetorical in Arizona)?

The price discrepancy is huge. I’ll blame Philly.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
It’s been inconsistent...for sure. But it’s not “media”...it’s money that’s causing the Trouble.

Or as I like to call it: a day ending in “y”
Money absolutely plays the biggest part. Look how many companies have been taking billions in donations over the last few decades for places in Africa to have more sustainable communities yet little to nothing has changed. Then a rapper/celebrity like Akon steps in and helps millions of people get electricity and power in less than 3 years.

Miss Bella

I'm not saying any loss is acceptable. Where was everybody's concern for the 600,000 + deaths per year from heart disease? 150,000 respiratory deaths each year? Or even 500,000 deaths per year from abortions? These arent even viruses that could be spread but still have a higher death count.

You forgot to mention the opioid epidemic. 128 people a day die from overdose. 47,000 in 2018. They say it’s getting worse with lockdowns. I guess will find out how bad when the 2020 stats come out.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

NOBODY TOUCH THIS.

*touch*

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You forgot to mention the opioid epidemic. 128 people a day die from overdose. 47,000 in 2018. They say it’s getting worse with lockdowns. I guess will find out how bad when the 2020 stats come out.
Opioids are driven by lack of money/opportunity in a country overwhelmingly “have not”. The data has been out on that for a long time.

Suicide have not been statistically increased during lockdowns.

Fatal car accidents have gone down.

The flu didn’t get jealous and kill more people.

The amount of injuries from drunken groomsman/bridesmaids falling into fountains outside of the wedding factories in the spring was reduced.

Recreational equipment has sold like hot cakes and people are outdoors more.

Except for the covid thing...it ain’t all bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom