Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aries1975

First, I hope everyone is doing well and stays healthy. Second, my responses are not directed at anyone in particular, just my point of view.

Wow. I was caught up when I started work this morning. I got off at 4pm (eastern) and just caught up again.

My county (Middlesex-NJ) does a spit test. I am not sure on the accuracy. But, no McDonald's or anything else to eat for an hour before. But if the restaurant manager was really smart, a sandwich board would be advertising mobile order, so drivers could pick up food after the test.

For those wondering if I have taken it, I have not. The spit test is by appointment only scheduled as only a government agency could. You have to call Fri for appointments on Tue. But next week, Fri is a holiday so you have to call Mon for appointments a week from Thursday. Then DMV (although we call it MVC long story) was scheduled to reopen, so they are doing it in a different parking lot. It is a mess. Anytime I have tried to make an appointment, "sorry" no more for whatever day. I have not felt the need to research further or put more effort into scheduling an appointment as I have no symptoms and have been working from home with very little outside contact since Thu March 12th.

hopemax

What the?
The thing to remember once we move on from COVID-19, is not to get complacent about the possibility of future pandemics. 1918 was how many years ago? So we should be good for another hundred years, right? But the possibility of a new pandemic is always a present danger. An increasing one, due to population growth, human disturbances (and all their animal food sources) into new habitats and climate change.

But it would be so 2020 to have a novel flu coincide with novel coronavirus.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey ordered bars, gyms, movie theaters, water parks, and tubing to close for at least 30 days on Monday, following weeks of steady increases in positive COVID-19 test results in the state, and a week after he issued a strong warning to bars and nightclubs, specifically in Scottsdale, that were not adhering to their social distancing requirements."

"In addition to businesses closures, Governor Ducey has announced the start for schools to reopen has been pushed back to August 17 amid rise in Arizona coronavirus cases."

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
"Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey ordered bars, gyms, movie theaters, water parks, and tubing to close for at least 30 days on Monday, following weeks of steady increases in positive COVID-19 test results in the state, and a week after he issued a strong warning to bars and nightclubs, specifically in Scottsdale, that were not adhering to their social distancing requirements."

"In addition to businesses closures, Governor Ducey has announced the start for schools to reopen has been pushed back to August 17 amid rise in Arizona coronavirus cases."

waterparks??

GoofGoof

Premium Member

nooooo....not tubing

I can understand the rest, but tubing? Seems like something outdoor that can be done with physical distancing. Weird. 30 days is a pretty firm commitment.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
waterparks??
Lots of waiting in non-social distanced lines without any masks. Of all the pictures I’ve seen of Universal’s re-opening the water park ones were the only ones that made me cringe. It’s at least outdoors but still Lots of people standing on steps shoulder to shoulder with no masks.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Lots of waiting in non-social distanced lines without any masks. Of all the pictures I’ve seen of Universal’s re-opening the water park ones were the only ones that made me cringe. It’s at least outdoors but still Lots of people standing on steps shoulder to shoulder with no masks.

I guess. I know the virus can’t transmit through properly maintained water. It kills it. I guess the line thing is an issue.

mickeymiss

I know information is vital but my brain gets overwhelmed by the news and has had about enough lol. It's not even all covid news either. It's overall too much information ALL THE TIME 🙅‍♀. I openly miss the 90's and wish we could all time warp back there. My child hood was so care free. I don't want my son to not know that experience.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Lines and things like lazy rivers or wave pools where physical distancing is impossible to maintain plus there’s no way to wear a mask in a pool or on slides. It’s actually unsafe.

In the water, someone would have to get their droplets directly on you. You wouldn’t get it from someone who snots into the water and you go through it. Lol.

My daughter takes swim lessons. Masks on in the building but not in the water. However the instructors now use face shields in the water. That’s a recent add.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
In the water, someone would have to get their droplets directly on you. You wouldn’t get it from someone who snots into the water and you go through it. Lol.

My daughter takes swim lessons. Masks on in the building but not in the water. However the instructors now use face shields in the water. That’s a recent add.
I don’t think anyone is catching it from the water. Theres a ton of chlorine in those water parks, plus all the pee in the pools probably kills the virus anyway ;)

I think the risk at water parks is more the lines plus people standing in a pack less than 6 feet apart in a wave pool breathing on each other. If you think about it it’s really arbitrary that you can’t stand in a group on Main Street to watch fireworks but you can stand shoulder to shoulder in a wave pool. People have to breathe either place.

Patcheslee

Could you please share with us how you know there WILL be spread of covid around the parks? I don’t doubt that someone might end up at the parks who coincidentally had asymptomatic covid but that is true anywhere. It doesn’t mean it will spread. Hunches aren’t scientific and I’d argue that we have zero evidence of spread at theme parks. There’s a reason why experts emphasize close contact because that continues to be the most likely route of transmission. Even this spike bears that out. It’s not what we want to see but it’s almost certainly people doing high risk things. You wouldn’t be considered close contact, for example, if you went to Walmart on the same day as an infected employee. Even if they could trace that you were there, you’re not a contact. You’d never be included in any trace investigation for momentary exposure to someone especially a stranger. That has been the guidance all along. 15 minutes or more face to face. Since everything we do is fairly momentary at Disney, nobody is at high risk and a mask secures that risk is further minimized whenever you are in lines or indoors.
The ONLY way they would be able to confirm spread within the parks is find guests with 42 day reservations. First 14 days in quarantine next 14 in the parks, and another 14 in quarantine again. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom