Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rider

We still need more tests. Positive rate is way too high and the lines mean people who want to get tested might not be trying at all.

kong1802

We still need more tests. Positive rate is way too high and the lines mean people who want to get tested might not be trying at all.

It's ridiculous.

I know Desantis has said that in the Tampa area they were going to ramp up resources to do wider testing at Tropicana, and perhaps Raymond James. But sweet mercy I didn't think we would still be talking about test delays/resources in late June........

Miss Bella

We live in a small state that never got slammed by covid and the hospital my husband works at stalked someone on social media. They called his coworker because she posted that she was visiting a relative in the next state over (also a state that was not badly affected by covid). They asked her why she was there and all of these nosy questions. Mind you, there are no rules in our state or the hospital against going to the state she went to. Nothing ultimately came of it but that's super sketchy to me. Big brother much?
This is why I don’t have a Facebook or Instagram account.

mickeymiss

Let’s face it the state would have approved a blank piece of paper if they presented it. TWDC isn’t worried about what the state wants. I’m not even saying Disney’s plan was bad. It was actually pretty comprehensive and as long as they follow through should provide a pretty good level of protection for workers. That plan was also developed a few months ago during a time with much less active cases in FL and in the area around WDW. I guess what I’m saying is they must have some breaking point built into their internal plans. Some trigger that says the situation with the virus makes it no longer safe to be open. I don’t know what that breaking point is and I’m not saying we have hit it but it should and probably does exist.

I think it’s easier for DisneyLand to roll back because they never had comprehensive plans to begin with. They never got to the point of spending every resource to make the plans happen. DisneyWorld has transformed the whole park experience to accommodate safety. They get a lot of credit from me for that. I didn’t know if it was possible and they made a truly exceptional plan. We’ve learned more since the initial closure. We know it doesn’t easily spread between strangers. We know that outdoors is favorable to limit spread and we have been repeatedly told that masks prevented protest transmission. Disney will have mask requirements combined with distancing. It feels like it makes no sense to delay when they are in a good position.

I live in a state with a small population and haven’t gone anywhere that’s open yet. It’s still kind of cold here and we don’t have much to do. I watch vlogs about Disney Springs with envy. I’d rather be there than here. It’s so beautiful and spread out. The sun is shining on everyone and I’ve never seen a video so far where it seemed dangerous.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
the breaking point would likely be other open theme parks contributing significantly to spread. As far as I’m aware, nothing has shown this. If you see the roll-back recently in the state, they have been strategic about what they see as the main contributors to their recent issues. It hasn’t been places like universal. Unless that changes (or they make a decision based on PR rather than safety), they move forward.
Strategic?

I heard blaming testing and then a pivot to blaming kids in bars.

That’s all well and good...certainly bars aren’t working...but that doesn’t make wdw a “safe zone”
By default.

If I’m Disney...I’m ticked off that I’m even at this point. I really think they “wished” they had been told to stay closed by public mandate until it flatlines or the medicine catches up. I think this puts them exactly where they don’t want to be.

We are one spike in cases or cast member flare from Disney being in a position to make a very public reversal.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Today's numbers are the worst in several days, imo. Continues to pull the trend in the wrong direction.

looks about the same to me if we are comparing the number of tests to the number of cases. More or less flat the last week or so. Not great. They need to start trending down soon. I would also like to see their next hospitalizations update.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
looks about the same to me if we are comparing the number of tests to the number of cases. More or less flat the last week or so. Not great. They need to start trending down soon. I would also like to see their next hospitalizations update.
Agree...not cause for more alarm...but not diminished either.

It’s june 29th...this is when Mother Nature should be helping us and this is more like starting to look worse than the most “alarmist” scenarios.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom