Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

legwand77

Last edited:

TrojanUSC

"This virus is real but the media chooses to cover it in a way to maximize harm to Trump to ensure that Joe Biden is elected in November" is indisputably true.

What? I don't want to get too political but it's not the media. The way Trump is handling this is basically ensuring Joe Biden is elected. Trump saying things like "it's 15 cases it'll be back to zero soon" or any number of other outright falsehoods, in the face of the greatest pandemic we've seen in 100 years, should be considered a Biden campaign donation by the FEC.

We are the only country without a comprehensive federal response to this virus. The EU is banning us, along with Russia and Brazil from traveling there, for failure to manage this. Are you not embarrassed to be singled out with Russia and Brazil as truly inept?

This, but not sarcastically.

There is no "shut down to limit total cases." That's not an option. At best, even another full shutdown will do nothing but delay the inevitable. Absent a vaccine, cases will continue to rise no matter what. That's just a fact. As long as hospitalizations aren't straining capacity, we just have to accept it.

"Flatten the curve" doesn't limit cases. It just spreads cases out over time so that the peak doesn't exceed hospital capacity. The area under the curve is the same.

Again, just not true. Sorry. People seem to have amnesia or selective memory when it comes to this. Yes a big part of the shut down was to manage hospital capacity. The other big part was to keep cases as minimal as possible to allow us time to do at least one of a few things (establish a robust contact tracing apparatus as has been done successfully in other countries, develop a therapeutic, etc). Since none of that happened, we just kind of pretended it wasn't an issue anymore and opened things back up. We made this political when it should not have been.

lilypgirl

And if even if that was the case, the Toddler-in-Chief is making their goal really, really easy.
Yeah that’s what you guys said in 201 5 and well that didn’t end real well for many! It will be interesting to watch it all play out again.

Your comment by the way is super mature and totally wants me to take political advice from you.

Jwink

What? I don't want to get too political but it's not the media. The way Trump is handling this is basically ensuring Joe Biden is elected. Trump saying things like "it's 15 cases it'll be back to zero soon" or any number of other outright falsehoods, in the face of the greatest pandemic we've seen in 100 years, should be considered a Biden campaign donation by the FEC.

We are the only country without a comprehensive federal response to this virus. The EU is banning us, along with Russia and Brazil from traveling there, for failure to manage this. Are you not embarrassed to be singled out with Russia and Brazil as truly inept?

Again, just not true. Sorry. People seem to have amnesia or selective memory when it comes to this. Yes a big part of the shut down was to manage hospital capacity. The other big part was to keep cases as minimal as possible to allow us time to do at least one of a few things (establish a robust contact tracing apparatus as has been done successfully in other countries, develop a therapeutic, etc). Since none of that happened, we just kind of pretended it wasn't an issue anymore and opened things back up. We made this political when it should not have been.
From my understanding other countries have been able to curb the virus because their government has given them money to stay home. There was no insane push to go back to work in dangerous situations. I wish our leaders cared that much for us!

lilypgirl

As I’ve said... my husband is high risk
Than your husband should be allowed to work from home and if not be taken care of until he can go back to work and our leaders have actually said the same thing. That shouldn’t be the case for the majority of healthy Americans how can work with the necessary precautions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom