Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyDebRob

I have gotten in touch with a business before that gave automated privacy response. I don't know what to believe but I'd want a better source than a guy on twitter. Who was that person btw?
I think they would deny it right off the bat if not true, which makes me believe it is. You don’t want rumors floating around like that.

The Mom

Premium Member
Almost 4000 cases today for Florida.

How many are clinically significant versus people who ran out (after hearing about an outbreak) and got tested just to see if they might be positive? There was a recent surge in testing this week, also.

There will continue to be localized spikes in the number of cases until we have a vaccine (if ever) or until we have herd immunity. I'm waiting to see how many new cases are reported all over the country once schools reopen.

Flattening the curve never meant no new cases. It just meant that they would be spread out over a longer time frame so hospitals were not overwhelmed.

disney fan 13

F3CED9C6-42C7-42F3-BDB8-4C2BDD3F4D40.png

Here is the DOH update for today. Positive rate at 10% for the second time in three days.

Last edited:

Incomudro

Which one of these is more "essential" than the other? Getting a tan or fighting for racial injustice?

The protests came at an inconvenient time, there's really no getting around that. However that doesn't mean we just throw in the towel now. The state is spiking, now's not the time to point fingers and say "they did it first so now we can do whatever we want with no masks and distancing."

Replace your term "getting a tan" with "being free."

oceanbreeze77

How many are clinically significant versus people who ran out (after hearing about an outbreak) and got tested just to see if they might be positive? There was a recent surge in testing this week, also.

There will continue to be localized spikes in the number of cases until we have a vaccine (if ever) or until we have herd immunity. I'm waiting to see how many new cases are reported all over the country once schools reopen.

Flattening the curve never meant no new cases. It just meant that they would be spread out over a longer time frame so hospitals were not overwhelmed.
the positivity rate also has drastically increased. Thats dangerous. its one thing to have a some new cases and mild spikes after reopening, but what we are seeing is a very concerning pattern.

Rider

I would not describe the FL curve as flat.

Incomudro

Where were all these people complaining about the BLM protestors not wearing masks when armed maskless white men were protesting against social distancing orders?

There was a comparative handful of those people.
And they were almost universally blasted by the media and the public alike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom