Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
It’s not what I like or am comfortable with, it’s about expecting businesses to follow the guidelines that they created in order to get state approval to reopen.
The state needs these parks open and tourism in general ramping back up, they have no intention of monitoring how they are keeping up guidelines. Sadly, the only thing that cause to state to be concern, is if their is an outbreak at one of the parks.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Today we said goodbye to something special. Accelerated retirement due to the collapse of air travel.

S2390006.JPG

Chi84

Premium Member
I asked this question on another page with fewer post. Maybe it fits better here anyway. Does anyone have a suggestions for the best kind of mask for comfort in the heat?
That's a good question. The WHO document that recommended mask wearing listed headaches, difficulty breathing and difficulties experienced by those living in hot, humid climates among the disadvantages of face masks. I've done quite a bit of looking around and tried several masks, but none of them were very good in the heat. Most people seemed to be coping with the discomfort by just wearing the mask under the nose or removing it, which isn't good. It would be nice if someone who has to wear them all day in the heat and humidity could make some recommendations. I thought I read that Shanghai Disney no longer requires wearing the masks outside in the parks - just when people enter the buildings. Depending on when you visit, mask wearing may not be as much of an issue as it is now.

disneygeek90

I asked this question on another page with fewer post. Maybe it fits better here anyway. Does anyone have a suggestions for the best kind of mask for comfort in the heat?
It seems to be personal preference. The standard medical masks are probably the best for heat as they are the lightest. I actually have been wearing a pretty thick cloth mask around Universal because while it's hotter, the material is comfortable on my face (albeit creates a lot of fog wearing glasses, still trying to figure that out 100%). The site claims that it has "3 layers made from antimicrobial fabric" which I figure can't hurt. I would suggest trying out a few different ones outside for a bit and see what feels best to you.

Chi84

Premium Member
It seems to be personal preference. The standard medical masks are probably the best for heat as they are the lightest. I actually have been wearing a pretty thick cloth mask around Universal because while it's hotter, the material is comfortable on my face (albeit creates a lot of fog wearing glasses, still trying to figure that out 100%). The site claims that it has "3 layers made from antimicrobial fabric" which I figure can't hurt. I would suggest trying out a few different ones outside for a bit and see what feels best to you.
Whatever is used for the nose bridge on those disposable masks doesn't work well enough to avoid fogging glasses. I tried a cloth one with a wider, metal strip inside and it formed around the nose well enough to avoid this problem. But the cloth mask is hot and difficult to breathe in.

Chi84

Premium Member
No, this is acceptable.
I don't mean to doubt you, but the Disney site says the masks have to be secured with ties or ear loops and these masks don't look like they have either of those. How do you know they are acceptable? Sorry if this was covered somewhere else, but I haven't had time to look through all the threads.

lilypgirl

I don't mean to doubt you, but the Disney site says the masks have to be secured with ties or ear loops and these masks don't look like they have either of those. How do you know they are acceptable? Sorry if this was covered somewhere else, but I haven't had time to look through all the threads.
I tighten mine in the back with pony tail holder. I wear in the boat when it's "buggy" outside and it has yet to fly off or down at high boating speeds. It seems it's OK for BG and Sea World saw many wearing these types even one of the vlogers on the opening day videos.

disneygeek90

People in Disney Springs are using them. I would think the same standards apply there than in the park. 🤷🏻‍♀️

ThatMouse

The state needs these parks open and tourism in general ramping back up, they have no intention of monitoring how they are keeping up guidelines. Sadly, the only thing that cause to state to be concern, is if their is an outbreak at one of the parks.

I suppose an outbreak would be a cast member outbreak? We will never know how many guests get infected, since guests would be long gone and home before they test positive.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I suppose an outbreak would be a cast member outbreak? We will never know how many guests get infected, since guests would be long gone and home before they test positive.
Robust contact tracing could easily trace it back to the parks. But to your point, a CM outbreak would be the easiest to detect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom