Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrainsOfDisney

I've never used it so I'm not familiar with how it works. If WDW instituted MaxPass, would we be able to go to a water park in the morning, go to AK around 4 and use MaxPass to get on FOP? From what others were saying, I thought it was more like legacy FastPass where you had to be in a park early or they sold out.

It depends how it was set up. It’s possible that once you scanned into a water park you could make reservations, but that wouldn’t work for you at resort swimming pools.

At DL I can make a maxpass reservation for Radiator Springs while inside Disneyland park for example, once I’ve scanned into a park the system is on.

disneygeek90

So Universal is open today for TM previews. Gringotts has no preshows. Which leads me to believe Disney would likely do the same.

I’d expect walk through for the stretching room. If they open Rise, also just walk through. Etc.

Curious how they’ll handle Haunted Mansion out west... I guess it will still be down for refurb.
I’m not sure I get why they’d cancel them completely. It seems like 25 of 50% capacity for shows should be fine?

Universals preshows are pretty terrible overall though, so that’s a win for them.

Chi84

Premium Member
It depends how it was set up. It’s possible that once you scanned into a water park you could make reservations, but that wouldn’t work for you at resort swimming pools.

At DL I can make a maxpass reservation for Radiator Springs while inside Disneyland park for example, once I’ve scanned into a park the system is on.
I appreciate you taking the time to explain. We were fine with legacy FastPass. I was the family runner and actually found it to be fun, although Epcot was always an evening park for us and we could never get FastPasses for Soarin’. Our family was younger then and we vacation differently now so I appreciate FP+. If Disney goes to a different system again I’m sure we’ll find a way to make it work.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
In coronovirus news, this is limited information from only a few doctors, so take it with a grain of salt. but good news if true:

Grain of salt indeed.

This is as anecdotal as the first results for Hydroxychloroquine. It needs vigorous testing. Until then, everyone should pretend that this changes nothing.

Last edited:

Animaniac93-98

So Universal is open today for TM previews. Gringotts has no preshows. Which leads me to believe Disney would likely do the same.

I’d expect walk through for the stretching room. If they open Rise, also just walk through. Etc.

Curious how they’ll handle Haunted Mansion out west... I guess it will still be down for refurb.

The pre-shows for ToT, HM, and Rise are all critical to their overall experience.

I would hope some other alternative could be arranged besides just skipping them.

icc2515

Why would Disney want to stop a system that lets them charge for it without people realizing it and go to one that will have people complaining about them charging for it?
You answered your own question there. They can stop it and keep prices right where they are because, like you said, people don't realize they are paying for it. This frees them up to monetize it like Universal does for Express pass.

TrojanUSC

The pre-shows for ToT, HM, and Rise are all critical to their overall experience.

I would hope some other alternative could be arranged besides just skipping them.

Fwiw, the only pre-show considered "legally necessary" is always FoP and, sometimes, Dinosaur (legal prefers guests watch it). The others can be skipped - and are skipped with regularity, either during special events, tours or for other reasons.

Even when high profile guests go to FoP they are forced to sit through the FoP preshows due to the safety information regarding the restraints contained therein.

So very possible/likely the others get skipped but they will find a way to make you watch the FoP pre-show.

Animaniac93-98

Fwiw, the only pre-show considered "legally necessary" is always FoP and, sometimes, Dinosaur (legal prefers guests watch it). The others can be skipped - and are skipped with regularity, either during special events, tours or for other reasons.

Not talking about what's legal or not. I'm saying the experience would be diminished. Pre-shows are part of the show that people pay to see.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Disney Cruise Line has announced that they will be extending the future cruise credit to sailings that depart by March 31, 2022. Here is their statement:"

"During this time of uncertainty, we want to provide your family with even more flexibility. Because your sailing was cancelled due to COVID-19, you were previously offered the choice of either a future cruise credit equal to 25%, 125% or 150% of your original voyage fare to be used within 15 months of the original sailing or a full refund. We are now extending the use of the future cruise credit to sailings that depart by March 31, 2022.

The refund has been automatically applied to your account."

TrojanUSC

Not talking about what's legal or not. I'm saying the experience would be diminished. Pre-shows are part of the show that people pay to see.

I agree with you, just pointing out that that there’s precedent for skipping all of them except FoP. So anyone hoping to avoid that overlong preshow shouldn’t hold their breath..

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
No, people will stop staying on site without the 60 day window.
They won’t
"Disney Cruise Line has announced that they will be extending the future cruise credit to sailings that depart by March 31, 2022. Here is their statement:"

"During this time of uncertainty, we want to provide your family with even more flexibility. Because your sailing was cancelled due to COVID-19, you were previously offered the choice of either a future cruise credit equal to 25%, 125% or 150% of your original voyage fare to be used within 15 months of the original sailing or a full refund. We are now extending the use of the future cruise credit to sailings that depart by March 31, 2022.

The refund has been automatically applied to your account."

Hmmm...wonder if that’s a precursor to the next round of cancellations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom