Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animaniac93-98

At least they aren't looting and setting things on fire.

I don't know if anyone else has seen this, but it looks like that's now happening at WDW:

1590972389738.png

Reports also have suggested protesters dunking officials in the town well and trying to sell off the local womenfolk.

TrojanUSC

On the other hand, have you seen what revenue per person has done since FP+ was introduced? Now there have been a bunch of other changes (read: upcharges) since then as well so it's hard to track what's from what, but they definitely have succeeded at increasing guest spending.

What upcharges has MM+ directly been involved with? Parties, tours, infamous cabanas, morning/evening special events, etc. None of this is related to FP+ at all.

Last edited:

Giss Neric

Isn't it crazy that it seems like corona never existed in this county cause all the attention has gone to the protests in a blink of an eye. Forget social distancing. Wearings masks now are for covering up their faces while they steal/loot.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
It's yield management.

And I wonder if Disney would use this as an opportunity to introduce something similar to MaxPass to limit physical interactions and then start charging for it.

We took a lot of short trips over the past year. On most of those trips it was extremely difficult to get FP for some of the headliners. With the exception of Epcot, at least one ride was always unavailable 60 days out. Oddly enough, we had very few issues with using FP at Disneyland and most of the standby lines are quite manageable.

DL is more of a regional/ locals park, not a global destination so comparing the two for attendance and demographics is always going to be off.

kverdon

I have thought of something that may be screwing up the COVID data. For the daily positive numbers I think they are using the date the sample was processed NOT the day the sample was taken. If the labs take weeks to process the tests then post the results as a positive on the day it was processed, it may have been two weeks since the sample was taken. Just a thought.
Interesting thinking but not quite valid. As a Laboratory professional and Laboratory system analyst of 35+ years Here is how it works.

Laboratory tests are reported by time of collection, not when they were completed. The completion time has no clinical significance and only useful for turnaround times. We do our own Covid testing and are able to turn around routine Covid Tests in less than 24 hours, Stats (urgent) under 1 hour. Yes, if a lab has to send out a test because they lack in house testing ability it could take 4-5 days to get the result back, however it will still be reported with the date of collection.

Yodascousin

Just like in China doctors in Italy are reporting that new cases of covid seem to be less deadly and carry smaller viral loads they also seem to be of the belief that it’s mutating into a less deadlier disease and is on its way out...if this continues in over countries we may not need a vaccine and hopefully get things back to normal sooner! Stay positive!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Just like in China doctors in Italy are reporting that new cases of covid seem to be less deadly and carry smaller viral loads they also seem to be of the belief that it’s mutating into a less deadlier disease and is on its way out...if this continues in over countries we may not need a vaccine and hopefully get things back to normal sooner! Stay positive!

😲😲

;)

Disstevefan1

Interesting thinking but not quite valid. As a Laboratory professional and Laboratory system analyst of 35+ years Here is how it works.

Laboratory tests are reported by time of collection, not when they were completed. The completion time has no clinical significance and only useful for turnaround times. We do our own Covid testing and are able to turn around routine Covid Tests in less than 24 hours, Stats (urgent) under 1 hour. Yes, if a lab has to send out a test because they lack in house testing ability it could take 4-5 days to get the result back, however it will still be reported with the date of collection.

Thanks for clarifying.

Chi84

Premium Member
Try it. It’s far better - for everyone.
I've never used it so I'm not familiar with how it works. If WDW instituted MaxPass, would we be able to go to a water park in the morning, go to AK around 4 and use MaxPass to get on FOP? From what others were saying, I thought it was more like legacy FastPass where you had to be in a park early or they sold out.

Kevin_W

I've never used it so I'm not familiar with how it works. If WDW instituted MaxPass, would we be able to go to a water park in the morning, go to AK around 4 and use MaxPass to get on FOP? From what others were saying, I thought it was more like legacy FastPass where you had to be in a park early or they sold out.

You are correct - they "sell out". For your situation, FP+ definitely works better.

Anyway, back to Coronavirus topics.

Miss Bella

Yes, I know you're joking.

Correct! Here are a few more shots of the SpaceX crowds that will have your head shaking. If the public is going to carry on like this, Disney might as well just open the flood gates. 😆

View attachment 473983

View attachment 473984

View attachment 473982

At least the line for a Dole Whip is slightly spread out! 😂

Here's a USA Today article explaining the bridge photo was anything but faked:

I think the Spacex crowds are the least of our worries.

brianstl

And I wonder if Disney would use this as an opportunity to introduce something similar to MaxPass to limit physical interactions and then start charging for it.

They already charge for it without people realizing how much they are actually paying for it. FP+ 60 day booking window is one of the main reasons they can charge the on site resort rates they do. Plus, the good neighbor hotels pay a substantial amount to Disney for their guests to get the same booking window. Why would Disney want to stop a system that lets them charge for it without people realizing it and go to one that will have people complaining about them charging for it?

Disney Analyst

So Universal is open today for TM previews. Gringotts has no preshows. Which leads me to believe Disney would likely do the same.

I’d expect walk through for the stretching room. If they open Rise, also just walk through. Etc.

Curious how they’ll handle Haunted Mansion out west... I guess it will still be down for refurb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom