Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Bella

My res starts on Aug 9. Now I just need the details on the reservation system....and of course, what are they going to do with CSR reservation.

fgmnt

How much money do you think they will lose by not being open with extremely limited capacity for a few weeks? I get being disappointed but there’s really no material financial impact on TWDC.
Analysts have been saying for months that the stock is priced in with the expectation of parks and resorts being a black hole for the rest of the fiscal year (9/30). The person you're replying to just thought it was funny to post, I guess.

eduardz

Of course Disney will open when there are enough tourists since it is a so much bigger park than the others, the operating cost is much more expensive, remember travel restrictions between Canada, Mexico and USA are set through June 22nd and during June a lot of people will have time to plan their disney vacations so all the tourists can concentrate in July and August, and probably the physical distancing could be reduced or relaxed by the time they open

Mainahman

My res starts on Aug 9. Now I just need the details on the reservation system....and of course, what are they going to do with CSR reservation.
thats our new arrival day since we moved luly 5th. a while back. I need the same info, also they said nothing about what resorts, what any of them will do, will the pools be open at the resorts? We may scrap our arrival day plans, and leave later in the day if we go at all. If they cancel the halloween party, ill likely move it again to febuary

DCBaker

Premium Member
Question on recourse for guests not complying -

Jim from Disney gives an example for Disney Springs - they have "strong language" that states masks are required and the social distancing squad to help reinforce.

Looking to establish "relaxation zones" in and off property where people can take masks off.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Please don't misconstrue what I said...I'm not saying we can't re-open things or anything like that. I'm saying we need more data. We don't even have a good grasp of how many people have had COVID-19, let alone where most symptoms fall with severity for those who actually experience symptoms. And my opinion that we need more data doesn't come from a place of fear - it comes from a place of logic - the more data we have, the more informed our decision-making is. I'll repeat what I've said before - I really think many governors are making decisions and putting policies into place based on public pressure - not on what the data tells us.
Completely understandable, and please know I wasn't saying your opinion was fear based. I was referring the public in general. And I agree that more data is clearly going to help. Knowledge is power. I just continue to be baffled by the fact that we as a nation have faced pandemics in the past few decades that were extremely fatal but we did not change every aspect of our lives or wait for mountains of data to make a decision.

As the CDC reported, the mortality rate is .04%. The survival rate is around 98% if I'm not mistaken. That doesn't mean we should open up everything and be haphazard, but it seems like that data supports that it's at least safe to open up business in a phased fashion. Grocery and big box stores have remained open and they don't have employees dropping like flies. Corona virus isn't waiting for a barber shop to open so it can invade. I don't believe our Governor of Ga (Kemp) reopened our state due to public pressure. He made a decision based off the data (data which has changed for the better since we opened), and things are getting back to normal (not "new normal).

Our death rate has not increased. People are able to enjoy being out and having a life that is more than walking around their neighborhood 18 times a day. If and when WDW opens the parks back up, it will be a person's choice to visit or stay home if they are concerned about getting sick or don't want to wear a mask. The same way people in GA are not being forced to go out and do anything. If WDW requires a mask and people don't like that...oh well! Nobody is forcing them to go. They can wait until Disney decides what they want to do for their business. Both sides of the mask crowd are getting ridiculous.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
How much money do you think they will lose by not being open with extremely limited capacity for a few weeks? I get being disappointed but there’s really no material financial impact on TWDC.
How much are they losing per day with the parks closed? They just announced the parks will be closed for 6 more weeks. Maybe I’ll be wrong and the stock won’t dip.

Miss Bella

thats our new arrival day since we moved luly 5th. a while back. I need the same info, also they said nothing about what resorts, what any of them will do, will the pools be open at the resorts? We may scrap our arrival day plans, and leave later in the day if we go at all. If they cancel the halloween party, ill likely move it again to febuary
I have to June 21 to make a decision. I could push it back to October. I cannot go next year. I'd like to see what the Fall discounts are going to be. I'm also booked at the CSR tower which looks like it's going to be taken over by the NBA. I hope Disney doesn't drag its feet giving us info, but they probably will.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
They also just announced a light at the end of the tunnel. A dim light, but a light.
That’s fair. I was being a little tongue in cheek, but I do believe there’ll be a dip. Disney is opening so far behind the other parks, I think it will have an impact. The stock isn’t going to zero, but I think there’ll be a sizable dip once this gets out into the public sphere. I hope I’m wrong! My portfolio is far to heavy on $Dis to want to be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom