Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Cinderelly*

In the Parks
No
Sorry but the chanting raised it to crazy levels and if you get stuck behind a group on a queue it can be an hour of torture. The snark is well earned, remember it is directed at tour groups not your country
I am talking about the comments saying after the travel ban that Brazilians shouldn't be allowed back at all. That is unnecessary. People can have there views on loud tour groups that are proud of their country and that is fine, but that wasn't what I was talking about if you look at my last comment on my last post.

ImperfectPixie

I am talking about the comments saying after the travel ban that Brazilians shouldn't be allowed back at all. That is unnecessary. People can have there views on loud tour groups that are proud of their country and that is fine, but that wasn't what I was talking about if you look at my last comment on my last post.
Being proud of your country is a good thing...when it doesn't disrupt other people's ability to enjoy their vacations. The loudness is inappropriate. I've also heard many stories of much, much worse behavior. I realize that these groups are primarily teenagers and that the guides are usually not much older than them...but that's no excuse. My understanding is that Disney has enacted policies to help rein in behavior, so hopefully the reputation of the tour groups will become a thing of the past.

*Cinderelly*

In the Parks
No
Being proud of your country is a good thing...when it doesn't disrupt other people's ability to enjoy their vacations. The loudness is inappropriate. I've also heard many stories of much, much worse behavior. I realize that these groups are primarily teenagers and that the guides are usually not much older than them...but that's no excuse. My understanding is that Disney has enacted policies to help rein in behavior, so hopefully the reputation of the tour groups will become a thing of the past.
I totally understand what you are saying, but many may say that that teens walking around looking aimlessly with there phones and stopping on a dime is disrupting other people's ability to enjoy their vacations as well or a scooter cutting someone off is disrupting someones vacation. The list can go on and on and on. These chants that the Brazilians do come from the Futebol(Soccer) stadiums that they use to support the team mostly. It is just something that the United States does not do. I understand it can be loud and many people can't stand hearing it especially for hours. Hell I can't a lot of the time. I just deal with it for the time being and move on. To me it isn't the end of the world.

ImperfectPixie

I totally understand what you are saying, but many may say that that teens walking around looking aimlessly with there phones and stopping on a dime is disrupting other people's ability to enjoy their vacations as well or a scooter cutting someone off is disrupting someones vacation. The list can go on and on and on. These chants that the Brazilians do come from the Futebol(Soccer) stadiums that they use to support the team mostly. It is just something that the United States does not do. I understand it can be loud and many people can't stand hearing it especially for hours. Hell I can't a lot of the time. I just deal with it for the time being and move on. To me it isn't the end of the world.
Oh trust me, people who display those other behaviors are no more popular than the tour groups.

Disstevefan1

Sorry but the chanting raised it to crazy levels and if you get stuck behind a group on a queue it can be an hour of torture. The snark is well earned, remember it is directed at tour groups not your country

They should ban all large, chanting, queue clogging tour groups from any country (yes also the cheerleaders) I am wondering in this current COVID world will ANY large group will be allowed in the queue. A party of 50 can’t properly social distance.

JoeCamel

They should ban all large, chanting, queue clogging tour groups from any country (yes also the cheerleaders) I am wondering in this current COVID world will ANY large group will be allowed in the queue. A party of 50 can’t properly social distance.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

\$$$$$/

Parker in NYC

Original Poster

Do I still get to be proud of my country?

Kidding. Mostly.

Kevin_W

20200524_180950.jpg

We were supposed to be in Epcot on our vacation yesterday, so my wife made us school bread at home! It wasn't quite the same thing, but it was tasty.

Flugell

I suspect that at times we have all been guilty of behaving in a way that annoys other guests at Disney and don’t see the need or indeed the possibility of success of listing them all! As for groups of teenagers, from any country, it is not the chanting that I find irritating but the fact they are invariably heading for the ride I want to go on and the wait time has just increased by at least half an hour! However as we have all paid our Disney dollar we are all entitled to select which attraction we choose. As a mobility scooter user, as is my husband, we bring ours from the U.K so their use is essential and not a vacation choice, we are constantly aware of the pedestrians. The same courtesy is not always reciprocated with people stopping for no obvious reason, walking across our path meaning we have to perform emergency stops, or deliberately trying to separate us! As our scooters are identical it is obvious that we are a couple. If we have secured a viewing point for a parade or show some, though not all, will try and stand in front totally obscuring our views. If they went behind they would easily be able to see over us! I have to say Disney are generally very good at looking after us old fogies and we always apologise when using the buses but without the scooters a trip to the USA would be impossible. Hopefully the social distancing will teach people to be more considerate of their fellow guests in the long term and Disney WORLD will once again be able to live up to their name!!

Lilofan

My friends who are from Brazil that live in Florida are sometimes ashamed of the chants between the Argentina and Brazil teenage tour groups in the theme parks. My Spanish is ok but my Portuguese is not. The loud chants at times between the groups is not only piercing in volume but the chants are very crude in of the sexual nature.

*Cinderelly*

In the Parks
No
I suspect that at times we have all been guilty of behaving in a way that annoys other guests at Disney and don’t see the need or indeed the possibility of success of listing them all! As for groups of teenagers, from any country, it is not the chanting that I find irritating but the fact they are invariably heading for the ride I want to go on and the wait time has just increased by at least half an hour! However as we have all paid our Disney dollar we are all entitled to select which attraction we choose. As a mobility scooter user, as is my husband, we bring ours from the U.K so their use is essential and not a vacation choice, we are constantly aware of the pedestrians. The same courtesy is not always reciprocated with people stopping for no obvious reason, walking across our path meaning we have to perform emergency stops, or deliberately trying to separate us! As our scooters are identical it is obvious that we are a couple. If we have secured a viewing point for a parade or show some, though not all, will try and stand in front totally obscuring our views. If they went behind they would easily be able to see over us! I have to say Disney are generally very good at looking after us old fogies and we always apologise when using the buses but without the scooters a trip to the USA would be impossible. Hopefully the social distancing will teach people to be more considerate of their fellow guests in the long term and Disney WORLD will once again be able to live up to their name!!
I am a youngster and yes I was born in Brazil, but only lived there until I was 1. My mom lived there until her early 20's. We are both American Citizens although and especially my mom the country of Brazil has a special place in our hearts and many relatives still live there. As for the scooters, I am very conscience of them and during parades and fireworks stand behind them. I want everyone to enjoy there WDW vacation as much as I am.

*Cinderelly*

In the Parks
No
My friends who are from Brazil that live in Florida are sometimes ashamed of the chants between the Argentina and Brazil teenage tour groups in the theme parks. My Spanish is ok but my Portuguese is not. The loud chants at times between the groups is not only piercing in volume but the chants are very crude in of the sexual nature.
Like I said I was born in Brazil and lived there 1 year of my life. Way too little to learn the language of Portuguese. What I have learned I have learned from my mom from when she spoke the little of it once we moved to Florida. As for Spanish, I elected to take French in school so I do not understand that at all. Like I also said there are many things that annoy other guests that happen around the parks and I suppose that will never stop. Some people get annoyed with the Asians taking a ton of photos with all their photography equipment which on occasion stops traffic. When I am at Disney World I guess I am in my own little zone and it is really hard for something to annoy me. I guess if another guest purposely ran me over with a scooter than I would be mad, but loud chants between two groups or having to stop occasionally because of a scooter isn't going to ruin my vacation.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Like I said I was born in Brazil and lived there 1 year of my life. Way too little to learn the language of Portuguese. What I have learned I have learned from my mom from when she spoke the little of it once we moved to Florida. As for Spanish, I elected to take French in school so I do not understand that at all. Like I also said there are many things that annoy other guests that happen around the parks and I suppose that will never stop. Some people get annoyed with the Asians taking a ton of photos with all their photography equipment which on occasion stops traffic. When I am at Disney World I guess I am in my own little zone and it is really hard for something to annoy me. I guess if another guest purposely ran me over with a scooter than I would be mad, but loud chants between two groups or having to stop occasionally because of a scooter isn't going to ruin my vacation.
I try to avoid annoying people and situations whenever I can, specially at WDW, when I can't, they might ruin a moment for me, not my entire vacation. 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:

*Cinderelly*

In the Parks
No
I try to avoid annoying people and situations whenever I can, specially at WDW, when I cant't, they might ruin a moment for me, not my entire vacation. 🤷‍♀️
I like your choice of words in using ruining a moment. After that moment you move on and continue with your vacation. It is almost impossible to avoid these situations in a place where thousands of people from different places all over the world come to enjoy themselves. I can only speak for Brazil and that is really not with much first hand knowledge really at all because I only lived there till I was 1, but my mom lived there till her early 20's. It is somewhat of a cultural thing to do these chants mostly at sporting events with the other countries. Now the vulgar part of it, I agree that should not be happening especially in a place like WDW even though most of the young children probably do not speak Portuguese, but a lot probably do speak fluent Spanish. So avoiding annoying groups or even people in general is going to be quite a task in itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom