Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Bella

As someone that likes to travel internationally I hope the the travel bans are over by the Fall. I guess spending money in the U.S. seems like the right thing to do, but we’re keeping out a lot of tourists that spend money here.
Iceland is opening up to tourists next month you have to get a covid test when you arrive. I think Greece and Spain may be doing something similar. You have to pay for a covid test or have a negative test within 4 days.
I thought Brazilians always come in Jan and Feb when their schools are on summer break.

Lilofan

Yikes guess my in-laws should never be able to visit because they’re Brazilian? Classy. (Not referring to during pandemic)
USA Permanent residents can still go back and forth from Brazil. A number of them live in Florida and travel frequently from Brazil to Florida.

seabreezept813

USA Permanent residents can still go back and forth from Brazil. A number of them live in Florida and travel frequently from Brazil to Florida.

I understand this, I was just responding to the questionable tact in suggesting non permanent residents should never be able to visit the states..

Miss Bella

The numbers have been increasing in Brazil. I've heard reporters ask about it over the last month or so. I don't know why we need travel bans when it's so widespread. Countries need to come up with a better way of doing this. Tourism is so vital to every economy.

I read that Japan is coming up with a 12.5 billion dollar program to lure tourists back. They are considering paying for half your travel expenses.

Jrb1979

The numbers have been increasing in Brazil. I've heard reporters ask about it over the last month or so. I don't know why we need travel bans when it's so widespread. Countries need to come up with a better way of doing this. Tourism is so vital to every economy.

I read that Japan is coming up with a 12.5 billion dollar program to lure tourists back. They are considering paying for half your travel expenses.
I may get my trip to Japan sooner rather then later then.

Jrb1979

This is one article I read on it, but there are others. I'm going in April next year. Maybe I'll go late this year if prices are lower.
Truthfully I would only be going to visit amusement parks over there. Almost all travel I do involves an amusement park.

KaliSplash

As someone that likes to travel internationally I hope the the travel bans are over by the Fall. I guess spending money in the U.S. seems like the right thing to do, but we’re keeping out a lot of tourists that spend money here.
Iceland is opening up to tourists next month you have to get a covid test when you arrive. I think Greece and Spain may be doing something similar. You have to pay for a covid test or have a negative test within 4 days.
I thought Brazilians always come in Jan and Feb when their schools are on summer break.
Seems July is a high priority there, at least based on my experience over the years.

robhedin

They've updated those articles to say it's for Japan Domestic Travel; sadly it doesn't look (at the moment) that they'll be subsidizing foreign tourism.

Miss Bella

They've updated those articles to say it's for Japan Domestic Travel; sadly it doesn't look (at the moment) that they'll be subsidizing foreign tourism.
It seemed too good to be true. I can't imagine they make a lot of money from domestic travel.

*Cinderelly*

In the Parks
No
All this negative talk about the country I was born in Brazil. I only lived there till I was 1, but I still have many relatives living there. We are a very proud country and yes we can be loud to show it. I am also not going to say that some, but certainly not the majority are rude. There are rude guests in the parks from all over the world. I do agree with the virus spiking in Brazil that a travel ban from there is necessary, but the comments of keeping them out forever are unnecessary.

JoeCamel

All this negative talk about the country I was born in Brazil. I only lived there till I was 1, but I still have many relatives living there. We are a very proud country and yes we can be loud to show it. I am also not going to say that some, but certainly not the majority are rude. There are rude guests in the parks from all over the world. I do agree with the virus spiking in Brazil that a travel ban from there is necessary, but the comments of keeping them out forever are unnecessary.
Sorry but the chanting raised it to crazy levels and if you get stuck behind a group on a queue it can be an hour of torture. The snark is well earned, remember it is directed at tour groups not your country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom