Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Incomudro

...and yet...

Do you have any doubt of the widespread stupidity/carelessness?

I did on my first day on the planet...but not all the days after.

No.
Not at all.

I also have no doubt that people will use photographs to mislead.
I have no doubt that many will see such images and not realize that they are being mislead.

By the way, I rode the bike trail this morning that I often ride.
Due to this very story, I noticed that even with my eyes, that depth perception as to how far away groups of people were can be quite misleading.
Many times as I saw a couple of different people, alone or in pairs - from a distance they appeared to be much closer to each other than they were - until I got quite close to them.

Incomudro

Indeed. We’ve seen depth of field tricks being used by the press with ulterior motives recently. Long lens beach shots have been the favourite trying to lie that the beaches were crowded. Someone else posted a video of the same beach but from the side that showed groups of people a good 15-20 ft apart minimum.

I’m not saying social distancing has been ignored by some. It has and I hope only they have to deal with the consequences. But the press overall loves a bad story.

They love a bad story so much that they'll actually create one.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
No.
Not at all.

I also have no doubt that people will use photographs to mislead.
I have no doubt that many will see such images and not realize that they are being mislead.

By the way, I rode the bike trail this morning that I often ride.
Due to this very story, I noticed that even with my eyes, that depth perception as to how far away groups of people were can be quite misleading.
Many times as I saw a couple of different people, alone or in pairs - from a distance they appeared to be much closer to each other than they were - until I got quite close to them.

I saw an article about this recently. The two photos below were taken of the same line using different lenses and perspective.

1590338330154.png

DisneyDebRob

I saw an article about this recently. The two photos below were taken of the same line using different lenses and perspective.

View attachment 472209

Then there’s some that doesn’t fall into that category.

brianstl

Even outside of Covid times that many people crammed into the pool drinking heavily could have other issues....How many are hopping out to hit the restrooms? 🥴🤢🤮
Sadly, it is better than what I expected at LOTO. The only good thing is those pools are normally dangerously over chlorinated which might help in this situation. I am sure far worse happened in the coves last night and will again tonight.

ImperfectPixie

Ouch for Disney
I'm not going to lie...a lot of WDW fans will be thrilled by this. (I realize the tour groups are teenagers with no parents present...hence all the bad behavior.)

brianstl

It would have been much smarter to open up the theme parks in Missouri than open up LOTO. Imagine alcohol consumed at ten times the rate of Food & Wine with plenty of narcotic consumption and you have Lake of the Ozarks on a holiday weekend. Almost none of those people are in any condition to make smart decisions.

ImperfectPixie

It would have been much smarter to open up the theme parks in Missouri than open up LOTO. Imagine alcohol consumed at ten times the rate of Food & Wine with plenty of narcotic consumption and you have Lake of the Ozarks on a holiday weekend. Almost none of those people are in any condition to make smart decisions.
Are you kidding me? I know people near us who even sober and straight aren't in any condition to make smart decisions. 😂 😂 😂

ImperfectPixie

It doesn’t help that it is all fueled by 18-25 year olds and middle aged midlife crisis people. I loved the place 20 years ago, but I was one of the dumb young people then and in my opinion has only gotten worse since then.
I hear ya there. I'm honestly kind of surprised I survived past my 20s...I was a bit of a wild child for a long time.

Lilofan

Ouch for Disney
This will hurt Orlando tourism. One half of International Drive caters to Brazilian tour groups. The shopping malls, gift shops, restaurants and hotels depend on their business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom