Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

wannabeBelle

I have a few friends up there as well, and all of you are in my thoughts - stay safe up there! Just be careful, you'll be fine.
Thanks Ed. I am doing fine, no sign of the virus here and I have done the antibodies test which came back negative, so nothing there either. I hop all of your friends come through this just fine and we can all be together again soon. Enjoy your weekend!!! Marie

rnese

For the millionth time, it's not about you. It's about who you infect with your cavalier actions. The self-centeredness of people is more clearly discernible than ever before. Their "right" to ride an amusement ride is more important than the people they get sick or kill.
She's NOT infected. Now what?

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

I said meaningful. Not a handful of cases in a country of millions of cases.

Hawg G

If the theme park is open per the state guidelines, why would you harp on people choosing to go? If you have a problem with the state allowing something to reopen, take it up with the state, not the person choosing to go to a legally open business.

The “we’re all gonna die” folks aren’t taking their case falling apart well.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There were a few cms on Reddit saying that disney let them stay and continue to not wear masks. Here’s another thread:

My point being is this isn’t going to last long

It’s for PR...my opinion.

Mask requirements were DOA and I think the bureaucrats and the business know it.

That’s for Florida/Orlando...not everywhere else where the climate may not be as restrictive

VaderTron

If you are practicing proper social distancing and following the other guidelines you shouldn't have to worry about the cavalier attitudes of others.
Not true. Social distancing is dependent on others wearing masks to inhibit the exhaling/coughing/sneezing/speaking of particles from their own noses and mouths. Let free and in my personal space it increases my own risk since masks do no protect the wearer from their environment, but reduce the spread out of the mouth/nose of those who are carriers.

Last edited:

DCBaker

Premium Member
Legoland now officially opening on June 1st -

"Guests should be prepared to make on-site purchases using a credit or debit card, as cash will no longer be accepted on property"

"Along with the theme park and water park’s reopening, the brand-new Legoland Pirate Island Hotel will make its debut on June 1. Reservations are available now for travel dates June 1 or later for both Legoland Pirate Island Hotel and Legoland Hotel."

"Legoland Theme Park will be open daily from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m., and Legoland Waterpark will be open daily from 12 p.m. – 4 p.m."

VaderTron

If the theme park is open per the state guidelines, why would you harp on people choosing to go? If you have a problem with the state allowing something to reopen, take it up with the state, not the person choosing to go to a legally open business.
Let's also blame the state for the murder, rape, and other atrocities carried out by it's citizens. Good tactic. Anything to avoid personal accountability. :rolleyes:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The “we’re all gonna die” folks aren’t taking their case falling apart well.
Because those people never existed. You weren’t paying attention.

The concept was viral spread without treatment (most of us are smart enough not to take the wrong drugs and self medicate) could have caused widespread lack of the ability to respond and even more economic rot.

Nothing in that warning was proven “untrue” In 95,000 attributed deaths (likely under reported) and 1.6 million cases. We still have no course of treatment or preventative drugs that can lessen the severity of bad infection cases.

VaderTron

What cavalier actions?? If the poster decides to go to a theme park, out to dinner, out to shop, etc. and feels safe doing so where is the problem? If another person who may be in a more vulnerable state does the same thing, with or without safeguards they have to know that there is a greater risk for them. Even going to a grocery store for essentials might be a problem which is why stores in my area have a designated shopping time for elderly/ more at risk people early in the morning. My Aunt is having her groceries delivered as she is in a higher risk category. The more at risk person has to take the appropriate precautions for themselves. I dont see how the poster is putting anyone else in danger, unless the others venture out and are willing to accept the same risk. Marie

Those same people then go to the grocery store, drug store, convenience store, etc and encounter other people who may have little choice but to be there. Their actions of "I'm not in danger, so who cares. I'll do what I want." now affect the little old lady in the local store who they infect during a mutual visit.

*Cinderelly*

In the Parks
No
I live in Florida(Not the Orlando area), but about 2 hours away and I know this State is itching to get the Florida economy rolling again and that means WDW and Universal and other amusement parks. I think we all can hope that the powers that make these decisions will make a careful one for the safety of all people, but when that decision is made and with whatever restrictions there are, I hope that if you have a vacation planned you will stick to it and come and enjoy the Florida sunshine and even though the magic will be different at WDW the magic will still be there.

Hawg G

Disney World should probably stay closed until there are much better testing rates nationwide, contact tracing, and maybe proven treatments. More so than offices, stores or restaurants it's a huge liability to public health.

We've jumpped the gun trying to reopen everything before we are ready. And the price will be paid for it.

You realize that would truly likely mean the bankruptcy of the parks division, right? You don’t think there were people inside Universal that had the exact opinions as you, arguing them vehemently? It is clear that the majority of folks see it as time to open back up, and a lot of those people feel it is about damn time.

Will the “Winter is Coming” meme have new meaning this year? We’ll see.

Touchdown

What cavalier actions?? If the poster decides to go to a theme park, out to dinner, out to shop, etc. and feels safe doing so where is the problem? If another person who may be in a more vulnerable state does the same thing, with or without safeguards they have to know that there is a greater risk for them. Even going to a grocery store for essentials might be a problem which is why stores in my area have a designated shopping time for elderly/ more at risk people early in the morning. My Aunt is having her groceries delivered as she is in a higher risk category. The more at risk person has to take the appropriate precautions for themselves. I dont see how the poster is putting anyone else in danger, unless the others venture out and are willing to accept the same risk. Marie

How about this scenario:

Person A goes to WDW, doesn’t wear a mask, doesn’t follow guidelines, gets infected but symptoms are mild.

Person A returns home, goes grocery shopping, and coughs all over Person B.

Person B is a nursing home CNA, has been following all precautions, only going out for essential needs, she’s wearing a mask but still gets infected.

Person B however remains asymptomatic, and thus continues to work (she doesn’t have a fever) and even with a mask and good cleaning technique passes the disease to multiple residents who then die.

Is person A at fault?

This can and does happen, and is why some of us view your opinion as a bit selfish. We are all in this together and have a responsibility as part of this society to take some precautions.

rnese

For the millionth time, it's not about you. It's about who you infect with your cavalier actions. The self-centeredness of people is more clearly discernible than ever before. Their "right" to ride an amusement ride is more important than the people they get sick or kill.
You're assuming she's infected. I assume she's not. The numbers are overwhelmingly on my side. Science.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
How about this scenario:

Person A goes to WDW, doesn’t wear a mask, doesn’t follow guidelines, gets infected but symptoms are mild.

Person A returns home, goes grocery shopping, and coughs all over Person B.

Person B is a nursing home CNA, has been following all precautions, only going out for essential needs, she’s wearing a mask but still gets infected.

Person B however remains asymptomatic, and thus continues to work (she doesn’t have a fever) and even with a mask and good cleaning technique passes the disease to multiple residents who then die.

Is person A at fault?

This can and does happen, and is why some of us view your opinion as a bit selfish. We are all in this together and have a responsibility as part of this society to take some precautions.
No. We aren’t in this together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom